In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prison overcrowding

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Is the reason we're not building more prisons to handle all the bad guys (and thus releasing many early) because this would be considered just another move against the African America race[?]

Comments

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no, state prisons aren't being built because the states are broke. overcrowding is because the state's have shut down old prisons because of political wheeling dealing. Federal prisons are shut down and new one's built simply because of pork barrel projects..
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    easy to fix but will not happen
    no life sentence , execution with in 24 hours of your 2nd appeal and found guilty if any doubt, if no doubt you have 24 hours after found guilty to live after the first trial .
    no fancy drugs and procedures no worrying about if they suffered ,
    sentence will be same as they did to the victim , burned ,beat ,shot , stabbed, basic just eye for a eye and in public and broadcast on national TV ,
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cure overcrowding by shipping dangerous US citizen prisoners to the Mexican border [:D] telling them they are free to go but if they ever return to US soil they will face very-very severe consequences [:0]. let Mexico and South America have a taste of their own medicine [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What was that Mr. Bean Secret Agent movie where the bad guy was just going to wall up Brittan to make it in to a prison island? We just need a state to wall them up in. Arizona? They don't got much going on there [:D]. Or New Mexico. I figure when they build the wall there will be enough wall to keep the undoccumented citizens out or in when they hop the fence.

I suppose Alaska would also be good. Out in the middle of no wheres where the bears get fed and snow keeps them in place. Free range prison.

But seriously most prisons are money makers for who ever is running them. I'm sure Haliburton got some prisons to diversify their portfolio.
  • Options
    800fthi800fthi Member Posts: 196
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    Cure overcrowding by shipping dangerous US citizen prisoners to the Mexican border [:D] telling them they are free to go but if they ever return to US soil they will face very-very severe consequences [:0]. let Mexico and South America have a taste of their own medicine [;)]
    Very good idea and micro chip them so we know when they catch them again to make it so severe that they would rather be dead.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:We just need a state to wall them up in

How about Washington DC . It's already overpopulated by criminals. While not a state, your not wasting any good land that way, and the politicians won't have to move.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mnrivrat48

How about Washington DC . It's already overpopulated by criminals. While not a state, your not wasting any good land that way, and the politicians won't have to move.

Too small and there are places too good not to be able to visit. So one needs the sticks with miles of nothing.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    They figured it out that is was just cheaper to let them out.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    quote:Originally posted by mnrivrat48

Too small and there are places too good not to be able to visit. So one needs the sticks with miles of nothing.

How about Manhattan Island? I don't want those buzzards out ruining the last great places on Earth! Let's give 'em something that's already screwed up. Manhatten Island... Hmmm. New York City... There might be a movie idea in that![;)]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Off with thier heads!
  • Options
    Gunners762Gunners762 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stop locking up guys for child support and driving without a drivers license and all the other bs ..
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my brother spent a year in prison for non child support he owed less than 7k but in Ohio different countys some sent them to prison some just fined them but the 15 or 20 k they spent on my brother for his crime was well worth it , he never paid any and in jail how was he going to pay

quote:Originally posted by Gunners762
    Stop locking up guys for child support and driving without a drivers license and all the other bs ..
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    easy to fix but will not happen
    no life sentence , execution with in 24 hours of your 2nd appeal and found guilty if any doubt, if no doubt you have 24 hours after found guilty to live after the first trial .
    no fancy drugs and procedures no worrying about if they suffered ,
    sentence will be same as they did to the victim , burned ,beat ,shot , stabbed, basic just eye for a eye and in public and broadcast on national TV ,

You beat me to it!....I have never understood the "life" sentence...
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We built a huge prison here called, River Front Prison, in Camden NJ. A couple years later, they tore it down for no real reason and moved the inmates to some old building in the city.[?][?][?][?][?][?]
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    my brother spent a year in prison for non child support he owed less than 7k but in Ohio different countys some sent them to prison some just fined them but the 15 or 20 k they spent on my brother for his crime was well worth it , he never paid any and in jail how was he going to pay

I'LL BET YOU BOTH ARE REAL PROUD OF THAT.
  • Options
    Gunners762Gunners762 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B

I'LL BET YOU BOTH ARE REAL PROUD OF THAT.
    Hows that ? Proud? I never had any kids and never wanted any. Its just every time I pick up the paper they have a list of young men wanted like criminals for support. Tips lines asking for information for these guys..I think LEO's and prison can better be used then locking these guys up.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    Is the reason we're not building more prisons to handle all the bad guys (and thus releasing many early) because this would be considered just another move against the African America race[?]

The federal government and state governments continue building prisons and jails. The last two jobs I was on before I retired last October was building a new prison and a new addition to an exising jail.

The company I worked for was the program manager for the construction of the new $750,000,000 high security federal prison in Yazoo City, MS for the Federal Bureau of Prisons and also the addition of a new inmate processing center for Richmond County in Augusta, GA.

So we're still spending billions of tax dollars building new prisons in this country.