In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Family stupid for calling Police

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
When I read this I was not sure it was not some satire. SO I looked it up and found other outlets reporting in more detail.

What the police officer did was retarded but that the family called in the first place was just as retarded.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/05/cops-taser-then-shoot-man-to-death-after-family-calls-911-for-help-for-his-depression-2667458.html

Still not sure if this is real? Can people and cops really be this stupid??

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depressed? Why didn't they send paramedics? Why send a cop?

Why did the cop arrest the guy?

Something ain't right.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    Oh man, the story is filled with hilarity.

Cop shoots illegal (no problem there, IMO).

But only lands thee of four shots at 8 ft? That loser cop needs some serious range time. But seriously, 4 shots?? 4 shots AFTER tasering? Yah, I'm sure that wasn't overkill. Seemed like a raging lunatic... you know, being parked in front of the boob toob and all. Probbly sucking down some cheetos!

But of course, it's better.

The illegals called the cops because their son is depressed? WTH? They all deserved to be shot for that. Seriously.

But it's better, rather than trying to console their son, they turn to housework?

OMG!!! I'm rolling! The dude was changing a headlight? And momma's inside, prolly in the kitchen makin' a sammich! Gotta love momma!![:D][:D]

If it wasn't a story about illegals... we all know they GOTTA be illegals, cause really. Sheesh!... if it wasn't a story about some dang illegal mexicans I woulda thought it was a country and western song.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am still confused if the story is real or not.
  • Options
    capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
    edited November -1
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Depressed? Why didn't they send paramedics? Why send a cop?

Why did the cop arrest the guy?

Something ain't right.

I can't speak to the TASER or shooting incident because of lack of information. However in general, we respond to "well being" checks and mental health related calls on a regular basis. Often times these situations are initiated by concerned family members. Many times these situations result in the person being taken for mental health evaluation based on probable cause. Sometimes folks will opt to go voluntarily, in which we'll call for an ambulance, but if it is situation resulting in a custodial, involuntary transport to the hospital it is handled by Police or Sheriffs.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    it is against the law to have mental issues[:0]