In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Did i get an ok deal?

hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Went to one of the local shops today and traded a box of 45 ACP's(Western brand) for a brick of shotgun primers and a pound of powder. Did i do good?

Comments

• JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much did you pay for the .45? I'd say you may have been nicked, but you won't bleed to death.
  • hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had the 45's, hand me downs. If i would have bought the primers and powder would have been about 50.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You made out like a bandit. Wal Mart here has Blazer Brass .45 for $12.47 a bx when they can get them. I don't own a .45 and I have 10 boxes just in case I need to do some swapping.

And .40 cal ammo is everywhere. Wal Mart in Coppell had 6 boxes today and SPS got in 5 cases this morning and a case of .38. I think the ammo bubble is about to pop.

I want a Ruger LCP so bad I can taste it, but I won't buy it if I can't get a reasonable deal on a couple boxes of shells.
  • hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought i did pretty good. The guy collects Western ammo so i thought we both came out having somehing we wanted/needed.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say you done ok as long as your happy.

As for .40S&W,9MM, .357sig and .45acp I havent seen any on the shelves here since January or Feb.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh for petes sake[}:)]if both parties in a trade are happy..it is a good trade[^]