In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Slide Fire

Comments

• Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    I know its been said before but,

ITROCKS!!!!![:D]

butammopricesdont[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For you 10/22 now available. Just heard an ad on the radio.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has these things gone up in prices like the High Caps or AR/AK?
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one. After about 2 weeks the fun wore off and I sold it. Over the years I have owned a couple legal full auto's. as the price of ammo went up and the value of said gun also went up I always sold them.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    would those stocks work on and ar-15 22lr? or not enough recoil?
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982

Yes, they will work. Go to their web site and ther is a video of one on a .22
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It rocks!

Don't care what ammo cost now, it will come down. I think it's already coming down.

Checkout this auction, someone got a steal.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327955860

20 rounds is as much fun as 30's with slide fire. Ammo expensive or hard to get, load up the 20's instead of the 30's.
  • Options
    TempestTempest Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982

Yes, they will work. Go to their web site and ther is a video of one on a .22

Yes. Some mods need to be done but yes. Almost 800 RPM fun for a fraction of the cost of .223.
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no doubt they are fun, but do they have any real tactical value?
  • Options
    TempestTempest Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly

No. However, puts a big smile on your face! [:D]
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tempest
    quote:Originally posted by BGHillbilly

No. However, puts a big smile on your face! [:D]
    The old bmf activators were fun too, but realitivly useless as well.
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well - I realize this is a dated thread but thought I would keep it alive since my son gave me a Slide Fire stock (he bought from a co-worker for $200.00 because he said it was to expensive to use - guy was using it on a AR in .223) which looks like new in the box and I have a S&W - M&P15-22. In the coming week (as soon as I can get to the range) I will let you know how well it works on the 22 rifle....I did talk to a really nice guy at Slide Fire by phone on Friday of this week and he said there were several "tips" that might help me when getting started...

1- Hold the gun by the magazine until you get the feel.
    2- Use 40gr ammo if possible - the higher the velocity the better
    3 - Make sure gun is clean and well lubricated.

I have 2 SMG's but rarely shoot them, neither which are in 22LR... I have purchased and traded for a variety of 22LR ammo in limited quantities - Remington, Federal, Winchester, Federal CCI, and Aguila (have the 30gr 1750fps but not the 40gr - to dang expensive)...Range report to follow - will also try and get a few video clips if I get it working....Staying with the stock trigger and flash suppressor for now (Slide Fire sells these as add on's for the 15-22 - trigger they sell is a CMC 3.5lb unit).....Looking forward to a little fun....Mark
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sigarmsp226
    Well - I realize this is a dated thread but thought I would keep it alive since my son gave me a Slide Fire stock and I have a S&W - M&P15-22. In the coming week (as soon as I can get to the range) I will let you know how well it works on the 22 rifle....I did talk to a really nice guy at Slide Fire by phone on Friday of this week and he said there were several "trips" that might help me when getting started...

I have 2 SMG's but rarely shoot them, neither which are in 22LR... I have purchased and traded for a variety of 22LR ammo in limited quantities - Remington, Federal, Winchester, Federal CCI, and Aguila (have the 30gr 1750fps but not the 40gr - to dang expensive)...Range report to follow - will also try and get a few video clips if I get it working....Staying with the stock trigger and flash suppressor for now (Slide Fire sells these as add on's for the 15-22 - trigger they sell is a CMC 3.5lb unit).....Looking forward to a little fun....Mark

Take photos!!!!!
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got two, AL-74 & AR-15, they pretty nice [:)]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sigarmsp226
    Well - I realize this is a dated thread but thought I would keep it alive since my son gave me a Slide Fire stock (he bought from a co-worker for $200.00 because he said it was to expensive to use - guy was using it on a AR in .223) which looks like new in the box and I have a S&W - M&P15-22. In the coming week (as soon as I can get to the range) I will let you know how well it works on the 22 rifle....I did talk to a really nice guy at Slide Fire by phone on Friday of this week and he said there were several "tips" that might help me when getting started...

I picked up the Glossy Shotgun News Treasury the other day at Barnes & Nobles. It has 3 articles on the Slide Fire kit. One is their gunsmith trying to get it to work with a 22lr AR kit gun.

I believe he said a S&W M&P 22lr AR will work the best for it being the gun is mostly plastic. You might need a light trigger for it though.

Full title is: 13th Annual Shotgun News Treasury
    A Collection of the Best Shotgun News Articles Published in 2012
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to run a HellFire something trigger thing on my 1022. Once you got the hang of it you could do a 30rd mag dump. It would put a smile on your face. I wonder if they still make them. It got the State Police and Rail Road Police called on us more than once. After they checked it out they usually asked where did you get it from. The days of shooting down at the 3rd tunnel rail road trestle are sadly over.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    did anyone notice that slidefire is now offering a ruger 10/22 kit.it is a complete chassis system i think it is about 450.00[:0]
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    did anyone notice that slidefire is now offering a ruger 10/22 kit.it is a complete chassis system i think it is about 450.00[:0]

I think you have to put a match trigger in it.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    And you get this ammo where and in such abundance you can waste it.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    was in the SGN and no i will not buy one..i am now a man of carefully placed shots[^]