In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good day today

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Had some of the wifes family over for mothers day, and broke a few pistols (and one rifle) out to shoot. These people are not anti-gun,nor pro-gun. Three people got their first experience with actually shooting a gun today at my house, under my supervision. Two are hooked, and one wants to get more experience with them before making up their mind on a purchase.

Something nice about bringing people into the fold, and knowing you have made a youngsters day. Can't wait till the next day where I can get the undecided one on one for some more firearm time to sway them to the dark side [^]

Comments

• Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Aside from the perfect weather (73, sunny and just an ever so slight breeze), my son and step-daughter passed their hunter safety courses this morning.[8D]

They are proud, happy and ready to go to the woods. Big and small game better be on their toes this year or they'll end up on our dinner table!
    edited November -1
    Went to a Military Veh. Preservation Assoc. show/flea mkt. today. Did some good trading, bought a few small goodies and sold some stencils. Also a free lunch!!! Talked to lots of good folks. All in all a good day.
    -
    -
    Plus, got home and found I had won a 1" stencil machine on auction.[:D]
    edited November -1
    Friend called me and said he had a couple of guns for sale. Ended up buying a Ruger Single Six with both cyls. and an AMT Automag II. Both for $550. Sadly I ran into my Uncle and he somehow talked me out of the Ruger. I never even had a chance to shoot it[:(].But I still have one and I made a little money on the Ruger[:)].Guess I still have a reason to go shooting tomorrow[:D].
    Any one else have an AMT? This is my first one and was wondering what everyone thought of them.
    edited November -1
    Took my 8-year old out this afternoon to put up the deer blind for next weekends youth deer hunt. He wanted to take his 22 "in case he saw any squirrel's." I gave in and let him. We worked like crazy getting the blind in and anchored down. It was getting late, and the wind was blowing like crazy, but he insisted on hunting our way back to the truck through the woods instead of taking the short route through the fields. So we did, and I never thought with the wind as strong as it was that we would see a thing. We had taken about 4 steps into the woods when he stopped me and whispered, "There's a squirrel dad, right there on that stump!" For the life of me, I couldn't see a thing. I looked hard and never saw nothing. NADA! Finally, I said, "Go ahead and shoot if you are sure." So BANG! All is see is a grey blur do about 14 flips! Walk up and he had nailed this sucker right in the head from about 20 yards! Kid is good! About 15 minutes later, this time I see a squirrel digging about 25 yards away. Point him out to Brandon, and BANG! Right in the head! What a day! What does that MasterCard commercial say? Something about priceless? Today was for me! Guess I am getting old, cause the kid is out-seeing AND out-shooting me!
    edited November -1
    Went to the Local mkt today, bought a new Knife. It has a bullet head stamp for the shield , Not a real good pic, but the knife is brand new condition, a camillus, the shield has R-P 375 H & H Mag, one blade says Safari Series, and the other has an etched Water buffalo. nice.

knife.jpg

Next we picked up two Taurus mdl 85s, one blue and one stainless.

tg.jpg

Then there is the new belt buckle. HEHE

sbuckle.jpg

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm undecided, I SWEAR im undecided! [:D][:D][:D]

Nice thing you have done. None of my friends want to shoot, they all think im nuts. Too bad I have no guns, damn rivers. I dont trust most of them to shoot anyways. They're just kids at school. I find it hard to find a TRUE friend, but I have a few.. One loves hunting and shooting.