In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whats new in MY life? ... goodness gracious

Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Well, going to KC MO this weekend for brothers bachelor party.
He gets married in November, which I will be in New York for. (Still have no idea what im doing when im there other than going to Carlos Bakery, the lady wants to... Anyone in new york or have hotel ideas?)

Oh yeah, my old lady and I... we're getting married!!! Not getting any younger, and im lucky she puts up with me... Nothing big, just gonna get it done.

Hows everyone doing?

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    Good to hear from you, and congrats on the upcoming nuptials, for you and your brother!

I retired from the PD March 31, and am really enjoying "drawing a check" without having to actually go anywhere or do anything for it.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Congrats Jacob....but I didnt realize you were into older women[;)]
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Hello Jacob!

Congratulations!

We are blessed way beyond what we could ever deserve.

All are healthy.

Doing so well financially that we may even get underpenning soon!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Good to hear from you, and congrats on the upcoming nuptials, for you and your brother!

I retired from the PD March 31, and am really enjoying "drawing a check" without having to actually go anywhere or do anything for it.
    Hot dang! Would ya look at that?! Congrats on the retirement Nunn! You deserved it.

Thanks to everyone. Glad to hear from you all. Been so dang busy I havent had time to even turn my computer on. Posted a time or two from my phone but this is the first time since October this thing has been on.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    I've missed your posts. Congrats on the pending nuptials.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations... I think. [:D]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So I guess it is going to be even harder to get you to Tulsa now. Oh well, Congrats anyway.[}:)][:p][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Jacob, Congrats and good to hear from you, Man, have you really grown up that much, it seems like yesterday that you were just 14 learning everything you could....

The best place to stay in NYNY is actually in New Jersey, the places in the city are either so expensive that you can afford them or so run down that you wouldn't want to stay anyplace near them. Of course the last time I was in the city was before you were born, but I doubt things have changed much over the years.

I went to Carlo's Bakery in Las Vegas last month, it was a 30 min wait to get in but the deserts were wonderful. From cheese cake to cannoli, everything was perfect. I'm not sure it lives up to the hype but it was still pretty darn good, it is worth a visit once. Expect the line at Hoboken to be close to 2 hours.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughters supposed to be going to a wedding in New York in November.[:0][:0]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    Real good to hear from you. Congrats on your upcoming marriage,,and to your brother also.[^][^][^][:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    My daughters supposed to be going to a wedding in New York in November.[:0][:0]

For the same[}:)][:0]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Good to hear from you again and congrats on the wedding.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey you been around about as much as me. Being an "activists" I've tried to keep a low profile.
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Jacob on getting married. Is this girl one of Kaseys by chance?[:o)]

Have fun and stay in touch.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good update and nice to see you posting again
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice to hear from you, Jacob. I was just thinking about you the other day....wondering how you were doing.

I hope you and your lady have a lifetime of happiness together.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,438 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Great to hear from you, Jake! Congrats on the upcoming marriage, I wish you and your bride a long and happy one. Not much new around here it seems.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congratulations
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Monkeysee Monkey.... Monkey Doo[;)]
    Congrats Jake
    Woody
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Jacob. Donna and I wish you well on your up coming wedding. Glad to see you in good spirits and doing so well. Stay at the Wordolph hotel. I think it's about 29 dollars a night[:D] Just kidding. Where ever you stay in the city, it is going to be very expensive. I would find a place right over the bridge in NJ and drive into the city. It's not that bad.NJ that is[:D] I will talk to my friend that stays there a lot and ask him for places. Go to central park and Joe Demaggio's Restaurant. You have to go to a NY Jewish Deli and get a hoagie. They are the best in the world[;)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't know what y'all talking about.

Hehe
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Jake!
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Jake!

When's the baby due?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scrumpyjack
    Congrats Jake!

When's the baby due?[:D]
    Iwell it wasn't me if she is, I took her to the doctah. So I pity the fool that manages, cause I'll beat the snot out of him.