In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Could it be any more obvious?

35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
No, it couldn't.

Here's an email I got earlier today in response to a vehicle I have for sale. Probably Nigerian in origin. You'd think they could at least learn proper grammar if they live to scam people in the U.S.

Hi

I'm interested in purchase your immediate Item ,Please may I know the last price of the item and what condition it's the item at this moment, New or Used?

Do you accept US Certified Check, MoneyOrder or Perssonal Check for payment of this item.

Kindly get back to me if you really want to sell the item with above Question,I will be the one responsible for shipment of the item, from your location by my Private shipping company coming to you place to pick up the item, Please provid me your payment info such as (full name,contact address,zip code, country) as well as your valid phone, so the payment of the item can be issue out in timely.

thanks

I will be waiting to read back from you about this

thank

Major Adans

Idiots, and WTH is an "immediate item"? LOL![:D] Probably shouldn't have even opened the email, but sometimes it's fun to see these morons operate.

Mods, I'm not trying to peddle anything here with this post, just giving a heads up.
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,986 ******
    edited November -1
    you handled this all wrong, 1st you should e-mail him back with an inflated price. when his check gets here, sign it and donate it to your non favorite charity (aspca comes to mind, or some gun control group)then take the tax deduction. wait an appropriate amount of time and (2 weeks ?) and resell the item.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,535 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I have a transmission/transfer case for sale on CL and a welding machine I already sold, but have got some interesting ones.
  • Options
    Tile KingTile King Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice grammar. "please may i know". too funny. you would think they would learn proper english, and maybe even a little slang, before something like this.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Ok, now I'm not interested in your rifle anymore...

You can keep it, at an inflated price.

[:o)]
  • Options
    rhythm_guyrhythm_guy Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sold a keyboard on ebay one time for $750. Got a similar e-mail telling me they would send a check & just take what I needed for shipping and wire the balance back to them. Shortly a check for $3000 came in the mail. I wish I had thought of the donation idea above!
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see you got my E-mail; so you aren't interested in selling your item [?][:0]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its hilarious to give them the Police Stations address, and for phone put For emergencies: 911... [:D][:D]

Of course, never do this from your email you plan on using. I have a special one for this.