In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Went to the local gun store after work.

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
They had bushmaster AR's for 1100 bucks. and stocked with lowers they were still out of primers. I almost walked out with a stripped lower. I might go back tomorrow. they were fully stocked.

Comments

• hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to hear. I keep hearing that small town shops are starting to be more stocked. I hope this is a sign of things to come.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Same here in Louisville. Local shop had about 3 times the stock they normally have in assembled rifles, uppers and lowers.

Black gun craze dying down?
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are starting to get alot of them in. Rock Rivers, S&W, DPMS, Bushmaster and even a Les Bauer.

Lance
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper
    Same here in Louisville. Local shop had about 3 times the stock they normally have in assembled rifles, uppers and lowers.

Which shop? I'm 10 miles NE of L-ville.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Go back in a week and see how many they have. Are the prices good?

I just might have to mozy on up to louyville.
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    mozy mozy ? only those west of the missippi can mozy
  • lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rear has fallen out here. In the greater Michiana- Midwest Gun Exchange in South Bend Indiana is fully stocked with guns and ammo.

Salesman yesterday said that about two weeks ago was like someone turned the light switch off.

The gun/Ammo boom is about to bust just like the housing market did.

Everyone who over paid for a AR/AK/Tec9 or some similiar High capacity Assualt weapon is about to lose their *.

Prepaid for one on backorder? You will lose atlest 20% in next 12 months.

Was a great time to sell these past 6 months. Wasn't a good time to buy......
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lovethemcolts
    The rear has fallen out here. In the greater Michiana- Midwest Gun Exchange in South Bend Indiana is fully stocked with guns and ammo.

Salesman yesterday said that about two weeks ago was like someone turned the light switch off.

Everyone who over paid for a AR/AK/Tec9 or some similiar High capacity Assualt weapon is about to lose their *.

Used to buy alot of stuff from midwest when I lived there great place.Probably stop in when I up to visit soon.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the guns are piling up due to high ammo cost..plus all the obamaites have bought all they want
  • lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used to buy alot of stuff from midwest when I lived there great place.Probably stop in when I up to visit soon.

You will have to visit them in their new million dollar facility.

I should have said, Mishawaka Indiana. They opened in the old Pep Boys on Grape Road. NICE place.

Have a shop in Elkhart as well out in the OLD shooters.
  • TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The local Ace doesn't sell guns anymore, but they have a whole case full of ammo
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    same here in Berks Co Pa
    went to a show saturday right on the edge of baggy pants central (Reading)
    last time no ammo to be found, aks and ars didnt stay on tables past the first hour,
    had to walk nearly a quarter mile to get to the door
    this week place was empty, ammo galore, ars, aks, pistols all over the place and not many selling
  • hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lovethemcolts

Unless the person selling it needed money. I picked up my first AK for 200 because a guy needed to pay bills before Christmas. Came with a hard case and 3 mags.
    edited November -1
    quote:Which shop? I'm 10 miles NE of L-ville.

Shooter's Supply. Open Mon - Sunday. Good bunch of fellers. Ask for Cowboy Bill.

yes good prices too. I did not look to close, but it looked like a bunch of those DPMS models with the fixed carry handle sites for just under $800. Others were about average $1000 and up.

Yeah, may not be too many in by this weekend. That place was busy before all the hubbub. Now, it's insane. Yuppies waiting outside for it to open on weekends. Amazing. You hear stuff like, "Which gun should I buy?" like they were shopping for a big screen.
    rolleyes.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Which shop? I'm 10 miles NE of L-ville.

Shooter's Supply. Open Mon - Sunday. Good bunch of fellers. Ask for Cowboy Bill.

yes good prices too. I did not look to close, but it looked like a bunch of those DPMS models with the fixed carry handle sites for just under $800. Others were about average $1000 and up.

Yeah, may not be too many in by this weekend. That place was busy before all the hubbub. Now, it's insane. Yuppies waiting outside for it to open on weekends. Amazing. You hear stuff like, "Which gun should I buy?" like they were shopping for a big screen.
    rolleyes.gif

Well I just check it out. I need a stripped lower and stripped upper.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seen a guy that had a few bushmaster AR's in the gun show this weekend for 950-1100. He also had EASILY 200 mags for sale, and TONS of ammo.. That guy was ready for a war!
    edited November -1
    I am heading out to the West End (Knob Creek) to blow up some stuff and spend my paycheck in the store. Want me to check for ya quickmajik?

I can recon and pass on the info while I am there to your email and even send pictures.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Wileys Gunshop in Wills Point TX. 40 miles east of D/FW is slap full of black guns.My prairie dog buddy runs it. He said the pistol crowd are still keeping the shelves bare tho. Keep it up. After the pistol guys get tired of their little toys they will want bigger ones. Thats where the black rifles come in[^][^][^]
    edited November -1
    Yeah if you see any Stag or DPMS stripped lowers/uppers Or Rock River stainless Bull or NM contour barrels, And have the time just drop me a Email with prices.

Thanks alot.

my Email is tyler4090@yahoo.com

If the adress turns into a link it wont go anywhere.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky_Lefty
    They had bushmaster AR's for 1100 bucks. and stocked with lowers they were still out of primers. I almost walked out with a stripped lower. I might go back tomorrow. they were fully stocked.

Which shop?
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stopped by my local dealer today to see what was new on the shelves, a goofball came in wanting to sell his Warsaw 10 Russian made AK-47. He pulled it out of his $3 walmart bag, after getting past all the flea market addon's he put on it and laughing to ourselves. His Century WASR 10 was not worth what he thought, some how he was thinking he had a special Russian AK variant that was worth atleast $2k. About the only thing not mounted to this POS was a bag of microwave popcorn.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i bought my colt ar match lightweight target .223 for 750.00 just 2 months ago at a small show after selling all my ak,s and sks,s at very high prices. i just wanted a small car carry semi-auto in .223 and it was the same price the min-14,s were going for. maybe i lucked out getting it at 750.00. eastbank.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tneff1969
    Stopped by my local dealer today to see what was new on the shelves, a goofball came in wanting to sell his Warsaw 10 Russian made AK-47. He pulled it out of his $3 walmart bag, after getting past all the flea market addon's he put on it and laughing to ourselves. His Century WASR 10 was not worth what he thought, some how he was thinking he had a special Russian AK variant that was worth atleast $2k. About the only thing not mounted to this POS was a bag of microwave popcorn.
    I cannot stand to have all them doohickeys on a gun.. Gimme a set of sights, ill get it zeroed the best I can, and whammo, just as good as one with flashlights, lasers, etc etc etc.. Only, mine would be lighter. Sure, its neat for looking at and showing off, but I would never want to use something that shines bright or emits a laser that could be traced back to me.