In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UPS *&$%*$%*

bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I paid $84 for next day shipping UPS on 2 handguns, the cheapest option I had available since I do not have an FFL. That alone makes me made that they are raping individuals trying to ship handguns by requiring next day. Then they charged me a $9 fuel surcharge which pissed me off since fuel is down considerably. But what really pisses me off, is I checked the status this morning and see it is not going to arrive on time due to weather in TN. Only thing I could see on the weather check was high winds, but regardless of the reason, where's my discount, it's not on time why do I have to pay the premium.

rant over

Comments

• Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Next day shipping with UPS is a joke and total waste of money. You do not get the item no faster than you do with regular shipping.

Three to fours days is what it takes them to get anything to me from anywhere in the US. It takes the same three or four days even with next day service.
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    However....I think that since they were not delivered next day, you can request and get a full refund of all charges.

When I was in charge of shipping many moons ago at a law firm, we had a package sent next day that was not delivered on time, it was Bankruptcy documents, so I filed a claim for the max of $100 claiming loss of business since the papers could not be filed and they paid it no questions asked and credited us for the shipping.
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shipped a handgun overnite by UPS and it was not delived
    the next day. Called and they made an instant refund of the
    difference for regular shipping.
  • Options
    Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would call and want a full description of the weather delay if they cannot provide it DEMAND full refund for SERVICE FAILURE.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    fed ex is no better but they have this afternoon delivery time that cuts the price about 10-20 %
  • Options
    SturmgewehrSturmgewehr Member Posts: 4,420
    edited November -1
    Fed Ex & UPS [xx(]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    all ups next day air goes to there hub in louisville. then from there it rides on different planes till it gets to your nearest hub. one of the airports along the way experienced bad weather, thats why it was late
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    My UPS driver told me they are 5 days behind nation wide.
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Off thread a little but I need to ship a handgun back to the factory. Would it be cost effective to use an FFL? He charges 15.00 for transfers. Maybe I need to call him...Bull
  • Options
    MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They all suck, but what can we do?
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    Next day shipping with UPS is a joke and total waste of money. You do not get the item no faster than you do with regular shipping.

Three to fours days is what it takes them to get anything to me from anywhere in the US. It takes the same three or four days even with next day service.

sorry but i must disagree . i deal with a company in Pa. and when i order a handgun the first thing in the morning, ups has it there the next evening by 6 pm. been that way ever since i have been in bussiness
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my mother was to recieve flowers Christmas eve by fed x she recieved them monday. note on the box said KNOCK OR RING BELL, she found them on the porch after the sender called and asked if she recieved them . she was to recieve another package last night by fed x. i checked on the computer and it said there was an atempt to deliver. she was not home, but there was no sticker on the door for a first attempt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFinn
    They all suck, but what can we do?

That's the most frustrating part
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seriously call and complain.... Tell them you want a refund for the fuel surcharge.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They started requiring next day because guns were getting stolen in the ground routes. With Ground many many more hands touch the item than with Overnight. Yes, I know the box is not supposed to indicate what is in it. But if a small box is heavy and going to Joes Guns, it does not take a genius to figure out what is in it.
  • Options
    e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a FFL holder and have never shipped a firearm. It seems that most people who ship firearms use FedEx or UPS. Can you use DHL? Is their service any better than the other two?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just got off the phone with them after a 40 minute phone call, talked to the customer service rep, her supervisor, and then the customer service top supervisor, and was told by all 3 that the guarenteed delivery time is waivered in cases of bad weather or any other natural circumstances beyond their control.

pulled this from the website

I. The guarantee does not apply to shipments that are delayed due in whole or in
    part to:
    1. The act, default or omission of the shipper, consignee or any other party
    claiming an interest in the shipment, including delivery instructions from
    the shipper or consignee with which UPS attempted to, or did, comply.
    2. The nature of the shipment, defect, or inherent vice of the contents.
    3. Failure of the shipper or consignee to observe any term contained in these
    Terms, including, but not limited to, improper or insufficient packaging,
    securing, addressing or marking of any shipment, omission of, or
    provision of, an incorrect consignee address or ZIP/postal code on the Air
    Waybill, or providing insufficient information.
    4. Acts of God, weather conditions, environmental or dangerous goods
    incidents, perils of the air, public enemies, public authorities acting with
    actual or apparent authority, application of security regulations imposed
    by a government or otherwise applicable to the shipment, acts or
    omissions of customs officials, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes,
    work stoppages or slowdowns, or other labor disputes or disturbances,
    civil commotions or hazards incident to a state of war, local or national
    disruptions in ground or air transportation networks or systems due to
    events beyond UPS's control, disruption or failure of communication and
    information systems, disruption or failure of utilities, or any circumstances
    beyond UPS's control.
    5. Mechanical delay of aircraft or other equipment failures on all
    international shipments other than shipments between the continental
    United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
    6. Acts or omissions of any person other than UPS.
    7. Compliance with laws, government regulations or requirements, or any
    cause beyond UPS's control.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e8gm
    I'm not a FFL holder and have never shipped a firearm. It seems that most people who ship firearms use FedEx or UPS. Can you use DHL? Is their service any better than the other two?

DHL will be out of the USA market in Jan. Besides that they did not accept firearms.
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    not sure about your area,but in fl ups did not work today,plus there website verified that also...