In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Control

phatbassturdphatbassturd Member Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just read this on another site and wanted to share it with you.

Jim

A Little Gun History Lesson

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about
    20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
    Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were ro unded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13
    million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up
    and exterminated

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
    political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan
    Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
    Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million
    'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because
    of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new
    law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own
    government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 mill ion
    dollars. The first year results are now in:
    Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
    Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent
    Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone,homicides with firearms are now up 300
    percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
    criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
    It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!
    While figures over the previous 25 years s howed a steady decrease in armed
    robbery with firearms, this has=2 0changed drastically upward in the past 12
    months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the
    ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety
    has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in
    successfully ridding Australia n society of guns. The Australian experience
    and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
    disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes,
    gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
    0A
    Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of
    this history lesson.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew
    most Americans were ARMED!

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harborhad attended
    Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attach? to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our
    Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had bee n deprived of funding &
    was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up thePearl Harbor
    attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his reply was that he had
    lived in the U. S. & knew that almost all households had guns.

With Guns....... .. ....We Are 'Citizens'.
    Without Them....... We Are 'Subjects'.

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all your friends!

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER SURRENDER YOUR GUNS!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard by word of mouth the new attorney general was supposed to bring up a new round of gun control has anyone heard this?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gun control

5/17/2002

BULLET FROM a police-issued .40 caliber Glock semiautomatic pistol was an unwelcome guest in the Copley Square dinner tent at last Friday's spring gala for the Boston Public Library Foundation. Now police investigators are trying to determine whether the officer who fired it, eight-year veteran Joseph King, followed department policy on the use of deadly force when he shot three times at a suspect's vehicle nearby. And police officials must counter growing public perceptions that officers in Boston are too quick to use their guns.

''Our policy is sound and our training is sound,'' says Police Commissioner Paul Evans. ''The statistics don't bear out that we're a trigger-happy department.''

A department review of intentional firearms discharges by officers from 1990 through 2000 provides evidence that the Boston police do take their life-and-death responsibilities seriously. Police researchers examined situational factors and personnel records related to all 84 discharge incidents over the decade, including officers' experience, weapons used by suspects, number of shots fired, and the races of officers and suspects. The one thing that stood out, according to Evans, was a surprisingly high number - 35 - of discharges at vehicles.

The study led to a policy change in 2000. Moving vehicles are no longer considered a threat of deadly force unless there is no reasonable means of escape for officers or bystanders. The policy change made good sense. Whether the officer misses or hits the target, the risk of death or injury to innocent parties is unacceptably high from either stray bullets or disabled drivers.

Ironically, fatal shootings by police in Boston - six in the past 18 months - have coincided with police efforts to improve training and control. Training modules, says Evans, have focused more intensively on judgment in addition to accuracy. Superior officers and command staff are also combing the personnel records of officers looking for anomalies, such as high rates of sick leave or motor vehicle accidents, that might indicate future problems on the job. None of the officers involved in the fatal shootings, says Evans, were so-called ''problem children.''

The Boston Police Department shows some weaknesses, however, in the investigative stage. Homicide detectives are always the first to investigate police firearms discharges that end in injury or death. Internal affairs reviews come later, often much later.

Some police departments, including Miami-Dade, now send police supervisors in addition to detectives to the scene to interview suspects, officers, and witnesses. The supervisor's duties focus largely on creating an account of the incident for later use in analyzing the department's practices regarding the use of force. Boston would benefit from this extra layer of vigilance. http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/137/editorials/Gun_control+.shtml

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't checked out the historical accuracy, but this is something to think about regardless. I'm sure this has been shown before,but it never hurts to take another look.
    Tom

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY FOR YOU!

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. >From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    ----

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. >From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were armed.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!

DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTES MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Might of been posted before, but not living on here I don't see everything. Alot of this is in my life time. Where were the christian when they were needed? ( Hiding, like the goverment)
    Now most of these goverments are our friends..Who needs friends like these?( gun control freaks( because they WILL do the same and do not to pull the trigger. get the people who have already done it to do it for them))
    "Before I die I will cry for the children.

"

In 1929 the soviet union establishes gun control.
    From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million (20,000,000) people unable to defend thenselfs, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911 Turkey establishes gun control From 1915 to 1917 1.5 million
    (1,500,000) Armenians, unable to defend themselfs were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany establishes gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million (13,000,000) Jews and others who were unable to defend themselfs were rounded up and exterminated.

China establishes gun control in 1935. From !948 to 1952 20 million (20,000,000) Political dissents, unable to defend themselfs were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala establishes gun control in 1964. Fro 1964 to 1981 100,000
    Mayan indians, unable to defend themselfs were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda Establishes gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979 300,000
    Christians were rounded up and exterminated.

CambodiaEstablished gun control in 1956, From 1975 to 1977, one million (1,000,000) educated people, unable to defend themselfs were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th cantry
    because of gun control: 56 million (56,000,000)

Australia lost 640,381 guns at the cost of $500,000,000 of tax payers money. The first years results are in......

homicides are up 3.2 percent
    assults are up 8.6 percent
    armed robberies are up 44 percent
    All the figures are up, while the good people are now unarmed the criminal still posses their arms.

This data WILL NOT be run in any news paper or tv news show.
    NO politicion will say anything, nor campain on this subject.
    (NONE of them are pro gun)

Pass this on please.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No doubt more gun control laws will be brought up for vote this fall. One thing that's been over looked in the debate is how often a firearm is used in legal self defense, I've heard 500,000 or more times each year. "The Armed Citizen" is published in every issue of the NRA's American Rifleman magazine. I'm going to start mailing a photocopy of that page to my representatives and senators each month, and I've got a ton of old issues to copy as well. Maybe if enough of us start doing this - every month - and every day they are considering new restrictions they'll get as tired of "gun control" as We the People are! Pass this on to your email list!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TRUE STORY FROM... "THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER

IN HOUSTON , TEXAS MARCH 5th, 2009

~

Last Thursday Night Around Midnight,

A Woman From Houston , Texas Was Arrested,
    Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter for Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back

As He Was Running Away With Her Purse.

~

The Following Monday Morning,

The Woman Was Called In Front
    Of The Arraignment Judge, Sworn In,

And Asked To Explain Her Actions.
    The Woman Replied, "I Was Standing At The Corner Bus Stop For About 15 Minutes, Waiting For The
    Bus To Take Me Home After Work. I Am A Waitress At A Local Cafe...

~

I Was There Alone, So I Had My Right Hand On My Pistol, That Was In My Purse, That Was Hung
    Over My Left Shoulder.

~

All Of A Sudden I Was Being Spun Around Hard To My Left. As I Caught My Balance, I Saw A Man
    Running Away From Me With My Purse.

~

I Looked Down At My Right Hand And I Saw

That My Fingers Were Wrapped Tightly Around My Pistol.
    The Next Thing I Remember Is Saying Out Loud, " No Way Punk! Your Not Stealing My
    Pay Check And Tips."

~

I Raised My Right Hand, Pointed My Pistol

At The Man Running Away From Me With My Purse, And Squeezed The Trigger 6 Times!

~

When Asked By The Arraignment Judge,

"Why Did You Shoot The Man 6 Times?

~
    The Woman Replied Under Oath,

"Because, When I Pulled The Trigger
    The 7th Time, It Only Went Click."

The Woman Was Acquitted Of All Charges,

And She Was Back At Work At The Cafe, The Next Day!

Now that's Gun Control...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any reviews on the commercial that was on CNN this A.M. Next one I believe is at 12:05 pm this date.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have you ever wondered how the citizens of Mexico like only the cops and Drug Cartel having weapons. Sucks in my opinion and in((( some )))instances there isn't much difference between the two.[V][xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Recieved a E mail tdoay that was interesting. Among the facts was one
    that really caught my eye. Namely : "The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control". How damn true. Kind of makes
    one wonder.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million. The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and exterminate?"

With guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are subjects.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [}:)]

JUST PUT THE BULLET WHERE YOU AIM IT !!!! [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi guys its time we took this place back over and got rid off all the crooked people in office if they dont believe in the 2nd they shoulnd run for office
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check out this site, http://www.users.qwest.net/~gbollinger/legacy/legacy.html only takes a few minutes to load- Ralph
    Nothing very, very good or very, very bad lasts for very, very long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've only opened 2 threads today. Both of them were posters posting their willingness to accept and support new gun control laws. Only the ones they agree with of course.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bill Protects Gun Ownership
    Week of April 20, 2009

The Federal Gun Control Act currently prohibits the sale of firearms to people who are "adjudicated as a mentally defective." The Federal Gun Control Act not only affects veterans, but also surviving spouses and children if they have been appointed fiduciary for a veteran, thus prohibiting their ownership of firearms.

Bill S 669, the Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act, would prevent veterans from losing the right to own a gun if a fiduciary is appointed to handle their finances.

COMMENT BY HAIRY: With the large number of vets suffering from brain damage, courtesy of Bush's war, in addition to losing a significant enjoyment of life, they--and their families--lost access to guns.

Let's hope this bill passes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TRUE STORY FROM...
    "THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER"
    IN HOUSTON , TEXAS
    MARCH 5th, 2009

Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, A Woman From Houston , Texas Was Arrested, Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter For Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back As He Was Running Away With Her Purse.

The Following Monday Morning, The Woman Was Called In Front Of The Arraignment Judge, Sworn In, And Asked To Explain Her Actions. The Woman Replied, "I Was Standing At The Corner Bus Stop For About 15 Minutes, Waiting For The Bus To Take Me Home After Work. I Am A Waitress At A Local Cafe... I Was There Alone, So I Had My Right Hand On My Pistol, That Was In My Purse, That Was Hung Over My Left Shoulder.

All Of A Sudden I Was Being Spun Around Hard To My Left. As I Caught My Balance, I Saw A Man Running Away From Me With My Purse.
    I Looked Down At My Right Hand And I Saw That My Fingers Were Wrapped Tightly Around My Pistol. The Next Thing I Remember Is Saying Out Loud, "No Way Punk! Your Not Stealing My Pay Check And Tips."

I Raised My Right Hand, Pointed My Pistol At The Man Running Away From Me With My Purse, And Squeezed The Trigger Of My Pistol 6 Times!

When Asked By The Arraignment Judge,
    "Why Did You Shoot The Man 6 Times?

The Woman Replied Under Oath,

"Because, When I Pulled The Trigger The 7th Time, It Only Went Click."

The Woman Was Acquitted Of All Charges.
    She Was Back At Work, At The Cafe, The Next Day!

Now that's Gun Control....
    AMEN

Black Jack [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sure I've got a permit. It's called the Second Amendment.
    -- Ted Nugent on Gun Control
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SORRY , i cant get the link to post
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I now believe that the back ground check for every one will pass. That means I can't sell you a gun anywhere or you to me. It will also mean you won't be able to give your sons and daughters guns either. I also believe gun stores will set their prices very high to do the check. While every one has been dancing around believing that gun control of any kind won't pass Obama has been gaining ground. Better quit patting your self on the back and get back to work fighting for your rights. The NRA has done just about every thing they can do without your help.