In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

low blood pressure

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
anyone have experience with this ?

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but mine was caused by too high of a dose of a new med for my hypertension. It came back to normal when I cut the dose in half.

I also had a very weird thing happen one time that my cardiologist said must have been caused by a vasovagal response,(due to what we don't know).

I was getting over being sick, and suddenly I felt like I was going to fall over in my chair. My vision started to look like I was watching things through a black and white tv filled with static. Windows with sun coming through them were wicked bright. I managed to get my BP machine out and took my pressure,....it was 59/38 with a pulse of 64!!!

I knew something was wrong when I saw my pulse, because that severe drop in blood pressure should have caused a large increase in my heart rate to attempt and raise it back to normal. That would be the case in a volume depleted person, i.e. dehydration.

I laid down and it gradually came back to normal and has never happened again. I can't believe I maintained consciousness.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark, I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about on medical stuff and a doctor told me once I'd be better off if I never learned how to read, but for what it's worth that sounds like an ocular migraine possibly brought on by low blood sugar. An ocular migraine can be with or without headache.

You don't have to have diabetes to get hypoglycemic, especially if you have worked harder than usual or missed or had a light meal.

I don't think I've ever had low blood pressure. My problems are the other way.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mine is no ware near that low marc ,i dont think i could handle that

i have been on 10mg lisinopril for 7 years, was taken off for a year due to exercise and weight loss, then mild hypertension came back 140/90ish area which is high for me, then reaching 160/90ish , so back on the pill again,and a smooth 120/80 for years, lately its been 104/60 = light headed, dizzy, blurred vision, star flashes , pain in my eyes , feels like im running fever but im not, cut my meds back 1/2 last week but no help, still waiting on my 3rd world doctor {thanks to obomocare}
    to call back, i think im just going to stop it and see

not dehydrated i drink alot of water all day
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've treated a lot of people with it. Several reasons why someone can have low blood pressure, low heart rate, high heart rate, bleeding, low volume (dehydration, bleeding), vasodilation, high volume (congestive heart failure), heart muscle damage etc.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    mine is no ware near that low marc ,i dont think i could handle that

i have been on 10mg lisinopril for 7 years, was taken off for a year due to exercise and weight loss, then mild hypertension came back 140/90ish area which is high for me, then reaching 160/90ish , so back on the pill again,and a smooth 120/80 for years, lately its been 104/60 = light headed, dizzy, blurred vision, star flashes , pain in my eyes , feels like im running fever but im not, cut my meds back 1/2 last week but no help, still waiting on my 3rd world doctor {thanks to obomocare}
    to call back, i think im just going to stop it and see

not dehydrated i drink alot of water all day

May not be just a blood pressure issue. You need to see a doctor, third world or otherwise. If those symptoms continue go to an ER or at least am urgent care clinic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and let me add, severe ear ringing worse than everyday tinnitus
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dan,...may want to try adding a little bit more salt into your diet if you drink a lot of water. I know you're a gourmet chef and may use plenty, but just an idea.

BTW, that extreme hypotensive event with me was a one time thing thank God. I did have a BP like yours though when they were messing with my meds early on.

Sometimes you have to give the dose adjustment two or three weeks to really see what things are going to be like. As long as your above 90/60 you should be ok, but might feel like crap. Put a little sea salt in your water, and give it another week might be worth a shot.

ETA: On second thought after looking at all of your symptoms, you probably should see someone asap. That's a lot of strange symptoms that I didn't have when I ran pressures like yours. I was mainly tired and a tiny bit dizzy.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was taking 90 mg of Procardia and 40 mg of Accupril for 16 years and my blood pressure was staying around 125/70. Then I went in the hospital back last September and had surgery where they removed one foot of my large intestine and then my blood pressure hit bottom when I took my regular meds. I was at 90/58 and staggering around like a zombie when I got out of the hospital. I cut the meds in half and that didn't help either. So I quit all of my blood pressure meds and my blood pressure started to hover around 110/65 for a couple of months and then it suddenly started to rise again. Now I'm taking 30 mg of Procardia and 40 mg of Accupril and my blood pressure is back averaging 130/78. Not sure what caused the big difference but nothing has been the same since the surgery.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tired for sure, dont even want to type honestly

gave the nurse all my symptoms, nothing yet

actually i have increased my salt intake, i made a ghost pepper salt similar to sriracha , since then its been more salt daily than normal, stopping the meds tonight
  • Options
    use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 10 years ago my BP was way low and my resting pulse was 45. Turned out I was really anemic, they scoped me top to bottom and the middle to. After every test they could throw at me the shrugged their shoulders and said whatever it was had gone away. It took me a year to get back to normal. See a Dr. Dave
  • Options
    Okie MomOkie Mom Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1911a1-fan...
    My husband's blood pressure was extremely low (normal sitting down and then dropping to 50/63 when standing up) for many many years.
    We spent 5 days at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for them to just tell him to increase his salt intake, raise the head of the bed so he wasn't laying flat at night and continue to take his med (sorry can't remember name).
    It can be very very serious. It eventually killed him because his blood pressure dropped so low that his heart could not keep beating.
    Instead of his heart valves closing when he stood up they would open.
    NOT that you would have anything like that, just saying DO NOT mess around with your health.
    Get to doctor.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    anyone have experience with this ?

High BP?
    NEVER!--- I'm married with children.
    Wife alone is good for a +20 at rest.

Then she spoke................[}:)]
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No...mine is normal....it may get high someday...but likely never low.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You feeling any better?
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JMHO, but you guys need to get laid....
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mine was allways low, after the bypass surgery they gave me medicine to reduce it!! it was bottoming out 70-80's over 50-60's after I got off of it , it is back to normal. usually high 80's to low 90's over 60's. I think this is why I am allways tired......[B)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had mine checked at the docs office a week ago+/- 110/80.
    Yes I'm on meds for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody heard from 1911a1-fan since 2/27?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Anybody heard from 1911a1-fan since 2/27?

Not me,...hope everything is ok.