In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hard To Believe.................

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Shredding some CC statements, and came across a lot of 500 Wolf 7.62X39 ammo bought 2/2007,..........$69.95![:0]

I remember thinking that was high at the time.
This is "breaking news" BTW.[:p]
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea and its hard to believe that pre 1994 prices were 69.99 per 1000 steel core 762x39
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just found one from 8/20/2007 for 1K of S&B .223/55 grain FMJ,.........$299.50.

Now the same stuff is $649.50 for 1K, and you can only buy 500 rounds per customer.

Something is going on IMHO for increases like this in less than 2 years.[xx(]
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Early 90s, buy a SKS and a case of ammo for $150 out the door... shoot it up, sell the gun. Repeat a few months later...
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe people are stockpiling and the manufacturers can't keep up.

The Threat? I don't know for sure, but people are readying themselves for what may happen.

Remember two very real threats that happened in LA. The Watts riots of 1965 and the Rodney King Riots of 1992.

I have talked to people involved in both riots and they told me that they would have been killed or severely injured if they did not have a firearm on them when these riots were taking place.

I know that a riot can break out at any given moment and I do not want to be caught unprepared to defend myself or other innocent people.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    I believe people are stockpiling and the manufacturers can't keep up.

The Threat? I don't know for sure, but people are readying themselves for what may happen.

Remember two very real threats that happened in LA. The Watts riots of 1965 and the Rodney King Riots of 1992.

I have talked to people involved in both riots and they told me that they would have been killed or severely injured if they did not have a firearm on them when these riots were taking place.

I know that a riot can break out at any given moment and I do not want to be caught unprepared to defend myself or other innocent people.

MVP,....I understand what you are saying for sure.
    You might be 100% correct about the stockpiling idea also.

I was simply pointing out some concrete figures with dates before I shredded the invoices. I know at times I have an issue remembering what I paid for something 2 years ago without some paper to back me up![:D]

Myself,.....I am set well enough for the type of scene you refer to.
    I have never known anyone like you have, that has been directly affected by something like that.
    Hope it never happens, but I am ready for it if it does.

The bummer for me is having to cut down on range time.
    Don't want to burn that stuff up.