In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Firearm Question......................

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
An individual I know has a Colt Mustang MK IV Series 80 he is selling.

He claims it to be 98%, and shot very little. The pic he sent me appears to back that up.

He is asking $400.00,...............what do ya think?
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not a Single Action, therefore I can be of no assistance; but you already knew that! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    It's not a Single Action, therefore I can be of no assistance; but you already knew that! [:D]

I could have made some money when I posted this![:D]
    I bet you would see "Colt", and be the first "wiseacre",..........appears I was right![:0][:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    It's not a Single Action, therefore I can be of no assistance; but you already knew that! [:D]I could have made some money when I posted this![:D]
    I bet you would see "Colt", and be the first "wiseacre",..........appears I was right![:0][:o)]Yep, missed opportunity, but you rich folks don't need the extra coin anyway! [}:)][:D]

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good to me too Mark. The 29th Edition of the BBGV shows a 98% Mustang:

Blue Finish: $525.00
    Nickel: $500.00
    Stainless Steel: $500.00
    Coltguard $550.00

And unless the finish is worn, at least on the high edges, you might be looking at a 99%+ finish Colt that is almost like new, so add another two Andrew Jacksons and one Alexander Hamilton. [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Coltguard $550.00

And unless the finish is worn, at least on the high edges, you might be looking at a 99%+ finish Colt that is almost like new, so add another two Andrew Jacksons and one Alexander Hamilton. [:D]

Thanks Kimi,.........looks like stainless.
    I am not familiar with the "Coltguard" finish.

I just thought it seemed pretty cheap for one in that shape, compared to what I see on the auction side.
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Snatch it up Mark and get plenty of ammo!! I'm sure I'll be down your way one day![:p][:p]

Sounds like a pretty good deal!

The few I seen in the auctions say 95% and they are wanting over 600 for them.

BTW, how can a gun be 95% and the "Safety does not appear to work??"

Nice pistol though
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just e-mailed the guy,.........hope he hasn't sold it already.
    My friend that is a manager of the HVAC wholesaler that I go to, told me about the gun.
    It is owned by a fellow that I have seen on and off over the years, as he works in the same trade as I do.
    Evidently he is having some money issues right now.

This is the pic........not real big!
    Colt1.jpg
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc,

Buy it; it's a deal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just e-mailed the guy,.........hope he hasn't sold it already.
    My friend that is a manager of the HVAC wholesaler that I go to, told me about the gun.
    It is owned by a fellow that I have seen on and off over the years, as he works in the same trade as I do.
    Evidently he is having some money issues right now.

This is the pic........not real big!
    Colt1.jpg

[:)] Nice one from what I can tell, Mark. I think Rob has a very good handle on this than I do. Hey, if you end up breaking off negotiations with Old-Colts on one of his SAA's, then I might cut you a huss on a LNIB Series 70, MKIV, Gold Cup NM. [:D] Just kidding, naturally.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kimi,.....you and Old-Colts are just plain mean with all of the kidding around!
    Dashed hopes once again.[}:)][:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, if you end up breaking off negotiations with Old-Colts on one of his SAA'sI wasn't aware I had one for sale; how much am I asking [?][;)][:D]

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bargin!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kimi,.....you and Old-Colts are just plain mean with all of the kidding around!
    Dashed hopes once again.[}:)][:D][;)]

[:)][;)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, if you end up breaking off negotiations with Old-Colts on one of his SAA'sI wasn't aware I had one for sale; how much am I asking [?][;)][:D]

More than a dollar two eighty-nine, i'd bet! [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, if you end up breaking off negotiations with Old-Colts on one of his SAA'sI wasn't aware I had one for sale; how much am I asking [?][;)][:D]More than a dollar two eighty-nine, i'd bet! [:D]Yup, probably more than "tree fitty" too! [:0]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, if you end up breaking off negotiations with Old-Colts on one of his SAA'sI wasn't aware I had one for sale; how much am I asking [?][;)][:D]More than a dollar two eighty-nine, i'd bet! [:D]Yup, probably more than "tree fitty" too! [:0]

[:D][:D][:D] Good one, O-C. [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Old-Colts is obviously a fan of "fitty cent." [:0]
    Check your mail in a few minutes BTW,.......sending you a real offer!

[:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rogue_rob
    Snatch it up Mark and get plenty of ammo!! I'm sure I'll be down your way one day![:p][:p]

Sounds like a pretty good deal!

The few I seen in the auctions say 95% and they are wanting over 600 for them.

BTW, how can a gun be 95% and the "Safety does not appear to work??"

Nice pistol though

Rob,.......I just saw the one you were talking about.[:D]

Now I will drive myself crazy waiting for a reply from the guy.
    He sent me the pic on Friday,......hope he still has it.

If he does, and it looks close to the pic with no issues,....it is sold.

Long as you have the money, you'd be crazy not to. Jump on that thing like a fat man on a pizza, dude![:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check your mail in a few minutes BTW,.......sending you a real offer![:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]Marc, I responded.

No folks, it wasn't an offer to buy. In reality, Marc only likes black guns! [:0][:D]

• Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Marc, a rough one will bring $400 around here, and they are going up every day. I see clean ones fetch $500 - $550 regularly. I believe they are going to be pretty good collectables, and I wouldn't take $650 for mine. They are going no where but up.

See if you can find a box and papers if you get it and it doesn't have them with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check your mail in a few minutes BTW,.......sending you a real offer![:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]Marc, I responded.

No folks, it wasn't an offer to buy. In reality, Marc only likes black guns! [:0][:D]

[:o)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

He likes his guns like he likes his coffee (and women??) WHO SAID THAT??????[:I][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rogue_rob

He likes his guns like he likes his coffee (and women??) WHO SAID THAT??????[:I][:p]

The members of the "peanut gallery" seem to be increasing in numbers![:0][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    Marc, a rough one will bring $400 around here, and they are going up every day. I see clean ones fetch $500 - $550 regularly. I believe they are going to be pretty good collectables, and I wouldn't take $650 for mine. They are going no where but up.

See if you can find a box and papers if you get it and it doesn't have them with it.

Danny,.......I intend to snatch it up if I can.
    No reply so far from my mail.

I should have posted this right when I got the pic on Friday.
    I most likely would have been the owner.

Positive thoughts though,.....it's a holiday weekend, and maybe the guy isn't around.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update,......the guy just called me, and he still has it. Out of town over the holiday weekend, and just catching up on e-mail.
    I am going to meet him first thing in the AM.

No box, or papers, and one magazine.
    Also he said he will not go lower than 400 bucks.

As I said before,......if it looks like the pic, I will be bringing it home tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In all seriousness, that one does look like it would make a nice carry gun and the price sure sounds right!

• Options
    300rumgun300rumgun Member Posts: 437 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ts

Posted - 08/31/2008 : 3:17:12 PM Show Profile Reply with Quote

Check your mail in a few minutes BTW,.......sending you a real offer!

Marc, I responded.

No folks, it wasn't an offer to buy. In reality, Marc only likes black guns!

He likes his guns like he likes his coffee (and women??) WHO SAID THAT??????

I am new to this but I just had to chime in. He likes his women like he likes this coffee? Ground up and in the freezer?
    [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well,.....it is mine!

Stopped by this AM, and stripped it. The guy had not cleaned the gun since he had it, but I looked at the barrel, and checked function.
    All perfect,.......probably a couple hundred rounds shot from it at most. A couple of holster rub marks on the "beadblasted" top of the slide.

I offered him 375 bucks cash, and he took it.
    Guy needed the money, as he just got laid off from Merillat, the cabinet maker that has a place here.

Before anyone criticizes for beating him down 25 bucks, I only did it because I would never attempt to sell a gun that was not cleaned perfectly.

Just got in, and thoroughly cleaned it,........stripped, grips off, everything. Used Flitz on the marks, and I now have what I would say is a 99% "teeny" Colt. Grips are perfect.

I will post a pic for those interested,........as soon as I get my cam back from a friend of mine that borrowed it for eBay sales.[:0]
    It is really in great condition, with all edges sharp.
    Serial is MS17161, if anyone knows the date of manufacture.

If nothing else, I will keep it for awhile, and turn it for a profit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well,.....it is mine!

Stopped by this AM, and stripped it. The guy had not cleaned the gun since he had it, but I looked at the barrel, and checked function.
    All perfect,.......probably a couple hundred rounds shot from it at most. A couple of holster rub marks on the "beadblasted" top of the slide.

Guy needed the money, as he just got laid off from Merillat, the cabinet maker that has a place here.

Before anyone criticizes for beating him down 25 bucks, I only did it because I would never attempt to sell a gun that was not cleaned perfectly.

Just got in, and thoroughly cleaned it,........stripped, grips off, everything. Used Flitz on the marks, and I now have what I would say is a 99% "teeny" Colt. Grips are perfect.

I will post a pic for those interested,........as soon as I get my cam back from a friend of mine that borrowed it for eBay sales.[:0]
    It is really in great condition, with all edges sharp.
    Serial is MS17161, if anyone knows the date of manufacture.

If nothing else, I will keep it for awhile, and turn it for a profit.

[:)] Congrats Mark! Sounds like you are really happy with it...and that you got it for a great price too. Please post pics when you can.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well,.....it is mine!Glad you got it Marc, sounds like a great purchase!

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice little .380! I know two folks who have the blued Gov't Model .380's and those little things are pretty accurate for a gun that size with fixed sights. One of the people uses his as his carry gun[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Nice little .380! I know two folks who have the blued Gov't Model .380's and those little things are pretty accurate for a gun that size with fixed sights. One of the people uses his as his carry gun[:D]

This is the only one that I own that I can put in a front pocket of fairly snug jeans, and would not be noticed with a polo type shirt on.

Also doesn't pull my "drawers" down,.......I don't want to look like one of "those."[:0]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well,.....it is mine!

Did you kiss him before you ****** him? [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Well,.....it is mine!

Just go eat your dinner at the "club" and hush up![:0][:o)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Well,.....it is mine!

Just go eat your dinner at the "club" and hush up![:0][:o)]

Actually I was thinking about going to the "club" tomorrow night.
    I shouldn't tell YOU this but fridays it's all you can eat fish fry buffet. [:D] [:p] [:D]
  • Options
    joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Coltguard $550.00

those prices are pretty cheap at least where I'm from. you could add another two hundred and still be a little low.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here are a couple mediocre pics for any interested.

Colt1-1.jpg

Colt2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's nice! I might have to look at one for carry; I prefer the exposed hammer!

• Options
    edited November -1
    That's nice! I might have to look at one for carry; I prefer the exposed hammer!

It's nice, but for sure a "carry" piece,.......makes my XD subcompact .40 look big!

I need to find a good IWB holster for it now.
    Actually, I need to get some .380 ammo, and go to the range first![8D]
  • Options
    Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice looking gun you got their my friend