In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which college football games...

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
are you watching today?! [:)]

I'll start off with the Ole Miss and Auburn game, then move on to the USC and California game for half an hour after it is finished, before tuning in to the Oklahoma State and Red Raider shootout. At 4PM, I plan to pick up with Texas and Iowa State, followed by Stanford and Washington State. Hopefully, the old Red Raider coach, Mike Leach, and his Cougars can continue their winning ways and upset the high ranked Cardinal. Of course, I'll be going back and forth as usual and, if a better game is in progress, I'll likely watch it. That's my plan, what's yours?!
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only two teams I follow are Notre Dame and Air Force. I usually try to see at least some of each. But with the ND game so late, I expect to be interrupted a lot by wee goblins and such.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,041 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love seeing Mike Leach succeed. He got jacked at Texas Tech
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    SC@A&M. Hopefully, we right this ship today.

Gig'em!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I'm off to pick up some hype! Have a great day!!!!!!!
    What's next?
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doing trick or treat/Halloween stuff with my boy today. Wont be seeing much football today.
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gonna see which Red Raider team shows up. Following Texas Tech is like being a fan of the Cubbies ---[:D]

Might watch the Texas game some to see how the Turkey Day Shootout is shaping up[8D]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am pretty pleased with my HOKIES beating up BC 20-0 going into halftime. Top ranked BC Dee...teehee [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The true Freshman QB for the Aggies, Kyler Murray, is looking good. Kyle Allen the Aggies starting QB and best in the SEC goes to the 3rd string and among the worst in the nation during the last two games.
    What's next?
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    World Cup Rugby - New Zealand v Australia

Besides, Moo U has a bye week (which they really need if they are to stay even with OSU in three weeks - I can dream, can't I?)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx

Besides, Moo U has a bye week (which they really need if they are to stay even with OSU in three weeks - I can dream, can't I?)

We both can!!!!!![:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can't find the AF game; low priority, I guess.

I'll watch the FlaGa game.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good day of football. Ended with Mike Leach's Cougars missing a 43 yard field goal to lose the game to Stanford by a score of 28-27.

ADDED: I failed to mention the controversial call that had to do with the ball being stripped from a Stanford running back. The strip was recovered by the Cougars, and was termed as indisputable evidence by the announcers, but the PAC-12 review judge was probably the only one on the planet that did not agree. This drive resulted in a FG by the Cardinal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's next?
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did u see where the starting OSU QB just got busted at a DUI checkpoint? hmmmmquote:Originally posted by kimi

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy to see Duke lose, and GA Tech lost to UVA...my HOKIEs are on the rebound in time for Ga Tech....see you next week Capt Fun!!!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,703 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Happy to see Duke lose, and GA Tech lost to UVA...my HOKIEs are on the rebound in time for Ga Tech....see you next week Capt Fun!!!

I don't like Duke or Miami, but I think Duke got screwed.
    There were at least 2 block in the back infractions, not counting the one at the end of the run, that weren't called.
    All the refs were watching the laterals and not the other players.
    Hokies are looking better the last two games.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I watched that OSU game. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Good day of football. Ended with Mike Leach's Cougars missing a 43 yard field goal to lose the game to Stanford by a score of 28-27.

That was a great gane. Leach has done an amazing job with the Cougs
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,041 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that one will make. # you had one job.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Notre Dame!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    did u see where the starting OSU QB just got busted at a DUI checkpoint? hmmmmquote:Originally posted by kimi

I did.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Notre Dame!

Two ESPN analysts were surprised that ND had such a difficult time with beating Temple. One made a connection to parity in general, and the other stated that it's one reason why we need an 8 team playoff, or otherwise teams like Temple will never make the 4 team playoffs!
    What's next?
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

ADDED: I failed to mention the controversial call that had to do with the ball being stripped from a Stanford running back. The strip was recovered by the Cougars, and was termed as indisputable evidence by the announcers, but the PAC-12 review judge was probably the only one on the planet that did not agree. This drive resulted in a FG by the Cardinal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish football went back to the "refs"...get the announcers and the cameras out of the game...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I wish football went back to the "refs"...get the announcers and the cameras out of the game...

That would work great had we never have seen their calls and results on TV. Knowing what we know now about the refs that makes such wishes not so appealing. What we have now keeps the spotlight on bad calls and the names of the individuals or which conference they represent, should we need them, which works to the advantage of better officiated games overall.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi, it has always appeared to me that almost all teams play up to or down to their opponents. In the case of yesterday's game, I think that ND didn't think much of Temple beforehand, in spite of Temples 7-0 record this year. So when they got into the game, they played as if they were assured the win - until Temple started playing well. That's when ND players realized they had bitten off as much as they'd like to chew. Both teams played hard in the fourth quarter, and it was largely the turn of two big plays that decided the game.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    kimi, it has always appeared to me that almost all teams play up to or down to their opponents. In the case of yesterday's game, I think that ND didn't think much of Temple beforehand, in spite of Temples 7-0 record this year. So when they got into the game, they played as if they were assured the win - until Temple started playing well. That's when ND players realized they had bitten off as much as they'd like to chew. Both teams played hard in the fourth quarter, and it was largely the turn of two big plays that decided the game.

Playing up to or down to the competition is certainly common, but there are teams that just like to pour it on the competition whether it's a little bit or a lot. I think this was the case of two rather evenly matched teams. I also think you are right about the critical plays and their importance.
    What's next?
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't see that, but if it was in Michigan it might have been a setup. [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by discusdad

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go Gators.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner