In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Curly, Shemp, Joe or Curley-Joe?

slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Curly all the way for me!

BTW: I share the same birthday and birthplace as Curly-Joe!

Comments

• MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    The later episodes without curly just are not the same.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I absolutely loved them as a kid. But Curly was my favorite. [:D][:D][:D]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    Curly was the best. But when he was unable to perform anymore, Moishe's (Moe's) other brother Shemp made a good substitute.

Curly Joe and Joe Besser both sucked big time compared to Shemp and Curly.
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mickey mouse or mighty mouse I mean :)
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Moe's older brother Shemp was the third Stooge longer than anyone else, but this was spread out over two different periods.

For the first several years their act was made up of Moe, Larry and Shemp. Shemp ended up bailing and their younger brother Curly joined the act, which is when the majority of their shorts we're familiar with were filmed. Curly ended up frying himself partying so hard and suffered a stroke, then Shemp stepped back in until his death in the mid 50's.

For the record. Curly gets my vote. [:D]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Curly was the best for the threesome, and really the best of any of them on an individual basis.
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Curly, but without the interaction of Larry and Moe it wouldn't have been "Stooges"

Where would we be without the slappings, head crackings, board bustings of Moe and the hair ripping (sure good that it kept growing back) of Larry?

The best, and still can be seen today. A testament to their everlasting "schtick" ...

Nyuk,nyuk[:D]
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 53hawkeye
    Where would we be without the slappings, head crackings, board bustings of Moe and the hair ripping (sure good that it kept growing back) of Larry?Haven't you heard? The Stooges and those uber-violent Road Runner cartoons contributed heavily to the downfall of American society. [8]
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats really sad is that the latest generation of youngsters have no idea who the Three Stooges are! They are really missing out!
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    naw, they have oboma,reed and poloise. eastbank.
  • ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    I love the Stooges! Did you know that Curly walked with a limp? It was a result of a hunting accident when he was younger. He was shot in the foot. Watch for it next time.
    Tom[:)]
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Chris8161
    Advanced Member

USA
    5691 Posts
    Posted - 05/22/2009 : 12:00:40 PM

Whats really sad is that the latest generation of youngsters have no idea who the Three Stooges are! They are really missing out!
    Your right! One of my friends that goes to the gym 5 days a week had a poster of Curly in his garage that showed a lifting bar with weights on it bent over Curlys head and one day my friends 10 year old daughter was looking at the poster and said in a serious tone "daddy is that you in the picture"? I had tears in my eyes because I couldn't stop laughing.
  • FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once attended a presentation by Moe's daughter. She showed a home movie the brothers had made. It looked a lot like a typical Three Stooges short, except it didn't include Larry, and the production quality was terrible.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTH
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked Curly, and also Shemp as the replacement. Didn't care for the other two.

I have every short they made on DVD.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner