In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Here you go ECC

Comments

• 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since the brass is different size on the .45 acp and .45 long colt.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=164157209
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let the chips fall where they may, He may get the worse and he may not.. who knows. His statement looks like it was an honest mistake. JMHO.

http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/news/local/article_d4c31d90-d04e-11df-8472-001cc4c002e0.html

SANDPOINT - An Idaho State Police trooper under investigation for harvesting a moose out of season admits he made a mistake.

Trooper Jeff Jayne released the following statement:

"I have worked very hard to achieve accountability both in my personal and professional life. This situation is no different. I simply memorized the season dates incorrectly, a mistake that should have been easily avoided. There is no excuse, I just failed to pay attention to detail.
    "I am facing stiff scrutiny from the public and the judicial process - a challenge I am willing to accept in exchange for my mistake. I wish to put this behind me, move on, and make changes to insure this will never be repeated."

Bonner County Prosecutor Louis Marshall said the investigation into Jayne has been referred to Latah County to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.

The investigation was sparked when Jayne reportedly took the moose's head and cape to a Bonner County taxidermist for processing four days before the season opened.

Idaho State Police Capt. Clark Rollins said the matter is being investigated by an independent source.

"Once a determination has been made, our agency will proceed as our policy dictates," Rollins said in a statement.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Wow! Thanks![8D] This guy has nads that clank for sure. I've got a friend that has paddled with this guy some...he's one hell of a paddler for sure.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Didn't look like much "paddling" was involved in that. Surely the man is fearless or crazy![:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Didn't look like much "paddling" was involved in that. Surely the man is fearless or crazy![:0]

Not once you are in the air....it's a forward tuck with your helmet on the deck and your paddle on the side of the boat length ways, set up to roll. One of the biggest problems with running waterfalls is breaking your back. You can break your back on a 15' drop if you land too flat. You can minimize that risk by leaning forward with your head on the deck.

Tyler said the impact was so great that it threw his body to the back deck and broke his paddle as well...it's amazing that he lived through that.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just out of curiousity it says he broke the record for tallest waterfall gone over, haven't people gone over niagra falls before? maybe it was because they weren't in a kayak maybe i dont know, or maybe niagra falls isnt that tall, someone help me out please.

great video, that guy is crazy. wonder how deep the water at the base of the falls is, must be fairly deep.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal
    just out of curiousity it says he broke the record for tallest waterfall gone over, haven't people gone over niagra falls before? maybe it was because they weren't in a kayak maybe i dont know, or maybe niagra falls isnt that tall, someone help me out please.

great video, that guy is crazy. wonder how deep the water at the base of the falls is, must be fairly deep.

They are referring to a successful run in a kayak (IE: ending up alive and still in your boat). The Park service says that this fall is 196' (I think). Tyler measured it to the best of his abilities with a rope and came up with 186'. I do not think Niagra breaks 200'...and no one has ever run it in a kayak and lived to tell about it.

The pool had to be fairly deep...he was under water for 8 seconds before resurfacing.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some folks "nads" are larger than their brains it seems![:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner