In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HUUUGE Widow Spider!!

fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Just went out on the back porch, to have a smoke, she was right at the bottom of the screen, building a new web. I knocked it down this AM with the broom, wile sweeping the patio.
I take it their nocturnal. She's a huge, beautiful specamin!Wish i had a camera!

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Wish i had a camera!

Just use your boot. Don
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,867 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Don, good to see you posting, and in fine form too I might add!
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We grow them BW thumb size here in central CA. Its that Dang Brown recluse spider that is nasty and will mess you up.
    violin-spider-brown-recluse.jpg

brown_recluse_spider_bite_Day9.jpg
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    We grow them BW thumb size here in central CA. Its that Dang Brown recluse spider that is nasty and will mess you up.
    violin-spider-brown-recluse.jpg

brown_recluse_spider_bite_Day9.jpg

YEAH MAN!!! We have them things here, by the thousands too. Thank the lord they are VERY TIMID!
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I am VERY TIMID, when I catch sight of ANY spider.

They terrify me.

Doug
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    HOLEEEE CRAP Classic!!! That thing is huggin your palm for the heat! Once she warms-up, U might get bit!![B)]
  • hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    I am VERY TIMID, when I catch sight of ANY spider.

They terrify me.

Doug

here is one you can play with.

http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    them huntsmen spiders make good pets classic..we get them here, they come into the houses when the weather is turning bad. most people are scared of them, but i like them, they eat the mosquitos.
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [;)]Spiders are good creatures. They kill a lot of pests. If they get into the house, I gently put them outside in the bushes.[^]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    We are over run with Hobo Spiders in my house...can't seem to kill them off![:(!]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been bit by both black widows, as well as brown recluse spiders. I seem to have an immunity I guess.
    The widow made me feel a bit "sick" for a few hours though. The recluse bit me in the middle of my chest just above the sternum. Had a small "pimple" type thing that took months to disappear.

Friend of mines wife got bit by one on the top of her head,......messed her up bad. She developed a huge abscess and had to see the doc a number of times. Weird stuff how different folks react to the same thing.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner