In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Forgemonkey

2»

Comments

• Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Evidently, I am being a bit of an * today.

Please accept my apology.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finally got my 1911 ejector and a little bit of time.
    Holding the firearm in the firing position, drift from right to left??

Or if laying the frame on a bench, the barrel should be pointed to the right.

Correct?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Bill, you got mail.

Mule
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I very much appreciate the set of dummy 45 acp rounds I received in the mail today. Some hard rubber in the primer pocket and they will be snap caps too[:)]
    Thanks again
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The package arrived in fine shape. Better than expected and not much to do. However I am charging up the dremal as we speak! Thanks again. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    did you hear about my accident in Montrose yesterday.I was heading north just past the Sun country truck stop and airport when a tire on my lowboy popped and damaged a cop car.nice guy ,didn't give me a ticket,said it was probably debris on the highway.You got a lot of friendly folks in your town
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please repost pics of your cat. They were great. I will delete any inappropriate replies without deleting the thread itself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know...someday I'd like to learn about those mules.

I don't know much about them. I've seen a few, I've heard a lot about them, but I don't know much at all about the critters.

Just down the road there's a gal who raises these critters she calls "Apple-*". I'm not sure if they're a zebra, an appaloosa or a mule, but they seem to sell pretty well and they're dang near as big as a Morgan.

Anyway, one day..I'd sure like to learn about mules.

Somehow, I think I could really get along with one (or two).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it hard to make those knives out of RR spikes????? I have a ton of them to practice with and the means to heat them up. Could you give me some tips if possible.???? I would like to know how hard they are to twist??? I think I can figure out how to make the blade though. Any info, I would thank you very much. Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you tell me the details and specifics about that '94 you posted on the got wood thread?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    saw some of your fine work in the 1911 thread that dave started. What else can you show examples of? I'm interested. Appears to be superior craftsmanship.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I checked our selection of hammers and all the strait peen's have an ownership in the shop or are custom made (no stray ones). but I will keep my eye out for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would you like a book/manual on how to build race 1911's? It is by Brownells gunsmith Mike Watkins, good read and step by step's. Don't worry is has pictures![;)]

Lance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Think you might be able to find a use for this?

2utMJz0l.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Bill you have another begging email [:D]

Mule
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Forge, I have been watching intently docs "it's just a gun" part l and part ll thread and other threads you have helped on about 1911s... And I just want to say, and it's no doubt that I'm speaking for everybody on this forum, but I want you to know that I really appreciate all the information that I/we get from you!!! Not everybody would lend their expertise for free as you do here on this forum. the information you give is invaluable to us, so I want you to know it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail.

Mule

Thx, fat finger fix.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you hand hammer all your work or, do U have a "little giant" or other kind of power hammer?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If'n I send you a lawn mower blade, how much would you charge me to make one of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ahmySkUZW8
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a list of the items I work on, on a regular basis. We do a visual inspection, then run gauges through to check the tolerances. Head space, bore erosion, barrel straightness, firing pin protrusion and a few others specialized to each weapon. We also run dummy rounds through to check function.

M2 and M48 .50 cal Browning MGs - Many of the older receivers have been retired. I think there are two companies that the government gets new guns from. Saco Defense and a company in Tenn. The name escapes me right now. I have fired many rounds through the M2. All at the range though....never in combat.

Mk-19 40mm Grenade Launcher - Again, Saco Defense made gun. It was just being fielded to the unit I was in when I retired. The Navy has used it for years. I have not gotten to fire it yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcjQKFog6Tw

M240 series MGs - FN made in South Carolina. 7.62x51

M249 SAW - FN made in South Carolina. 5.56x45.

M16 Series - I don't think this requires any explanation. [;)]

M203 and M320 40mm Grenade Launchers - Single shot launchers that are mounted under the M16 series rifles. The M320 also has a stock that can be attached so it can be used as a stand alone.

M26 shotgun - 12ga. Mounts under the M4 carbine.

M500 and M590 - Mossberg 12ga shotguns.

M9 Beretta - Duh!

60mm,81mm and 120mm Mortar Systems - Tubes, tripods and bases.

MICLIC - The MICLIC fires a rocket with a line attached. On the line are blocks of C4. It is used to clear a path through suspected minefields. Personally, I think the Engineers just like to blow stuff up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52-rOC8_Zk [:D][:D]

I have also worked on the M119 and M198 Howitzers. I was assigned to 8/8 Arty in Korea in '89 - '90. I was around plenty of M198s being fired. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v94qdpJqK9w [:D]
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sitting on a lot plane next a coworker that lives in Grand Junction. Just asked him about it and he says he always ice fishes Blue Mesa in shallower water and catches a lot of rainbows, but they do catch a lot of lakers in the deeper water on ice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Idahobound
    I am sitting on a lot plane next a coworker that lives in Grand Junction. Just asked him about it and he says he always ice fishes Blue Mesa in shallower water and catches a lot of rainbows, but they do catch a lot of lakers in the deeper water on ice.

Cool, any chance you could ask him how long their fishable ice season runs?
    Trying to make a long range plan for next winter to go down to Hotchkiss Colorado to visit and if I could get some Mack fishing in on Blue Mesa, it would be a extra plus and I would haul my sled, sleigh and gear to do it.
    Rainbows and Kokanee don't interest me, but Big Macks through the ice do.

Mule
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dpmule
    quote:Originally posted by Idahobound

Cool, any chance you could ask him how long their fishable ice season runs?
    Trying to make a long range plan for next winter to go down to Hotchkiss Colorado to visit and if I could get some Mack fishing in on Blue Mesa, it would be a extra plus and I would haul my sled, sleigh and gear to do it.
    Rainbows and Kokanee don't interest me, but Big Macks through the ice do.

Mule

He said on a normal year there is fishable ice from 1st of December thru 1st of March