In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I think I want a new car

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have this little porsche cabriolet, It is a fun car, but not fast not even as fast as my last SC (with a smaller motor) and it makes me mad. When I want to get 0-60 in 5 seconds, I need that ability.
So, having said that, I only know of a few newer cars that will meet this requirement yet still be comfortable and reliable without breaking the bank.
Mustang GT
Camaro SS
Corvette
I have not yet owned a 97 0r newer Corvette, which really means 98 or newer because I definatly want a roadster.
I think the current economy could lead to a deal on one of these cars and I have to find one I could pay cash for (im unemployed as far as banks are concerned)
please look in your papers, little nickel or craigs list to see if there are any good deals in your area, I will travel to get the right car. I want red or yellow, burgandy or some shade of blue. NO BLACK, WHITE, SILVER OR GREY.
I would spend up to 20 k
If you see a 05 or newer Mustang GT convert for under 15k let me know that too.
I would accept a camaro ss with the same provisions.
also any car I buy must be a 5 or 6 speed.
any other ideas are appreciated

Comments

• legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    My last car was a 2000 SS Camaro. I loved this car and the factory specs are UNDERrated. If not for the kids I would have another one. I found 2 on fleebay this week. 2000 model less than 15k mi less than $15000
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    You want to replace a Porsche with an American car?
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111
    You want to replace a Porsche with an American car?

yeah I know, but I really love the feel of an American V-8. I don't know if my car is slow or if all the 88 porsches have this problem. This is the first year of their best ever transmission and they put a huge fly wheel on it so it revs alot slower than the older (or newer) porsches I have had. I would buy a newer Porsche, but I can get more bang for the buck with the Corvette. Of course, if i found the right deal, I could buy one of them too.

last camaro I had was the SS convertable with 6 sp. I gave it back at the end of the lease, I probably should have bought it but the residual was 21k and the purchase payment was more than the lease payment was. (for 60 more months) I would still be paying for that car!!!
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The C6 corvette (2005-2009+) performs head and shoulders above cars selling for more than twice the price. The C5 (1997-2004) is also a good performing corvette. If looking for a C5, the 2003 Z06 is the way to go. However is you want the vert the Z06 is not an option as the roof is not removable. Reliability on the vettes is also better than most cars out there. And yes, there are deals to be had on corvettes. How much money would you like to spend?

Check out the C6 or C5 for sale sections of corvetteforum.com for a number of available cars. I have bought/sold 3 vetttes through this site.
    Regards, MAALOX