In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

health and fitness

the_punisher_the_punisher_ Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
well my wife wants me to lose some weight. i told her no way. i'm at the lowest weight i've ever been and the reason she wants me to lose weight is because some yahoo at the photo studio she works at is a big health nut ,emphasis on the nut,and thinks i'm too fat. btw i'm 6'5" and i weigh 230 pounds ,so i think i'm a pretty good weight for my height. anybody got anything they want to add?

Comments

• Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Tell her she needs to loose weight and that'll make her so pissed that she won't care what you weigh.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:anybody got anything they want to add?

laxatives are easier than excersize?[;)]

Ben
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I going out for pizza tonight.
    I have a $2 off coupon that expires today. [:p]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Tell her you are gonna grab that skinny little alfalfa sprout eating granola and reach down his throat and yard his * hol out next time he opens his trap. Also have her tell him that if he votes for Obama you're gonna bust the little basturd's legs.[^]
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
    edited November -1
    Challenge "health nut boy" to a Texas cage match.
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    Dude, I'm 6-2 and have a GVW of 240 so IMHO you are dangerously underweight!
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    6'3" 225. I dont worry about my weight, just get 20 min of good excercise 3 times a week.
  • Options
    Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    5'11 195 but by most standards im overweight, but i dont go by all those standards. I like the cage match idea.
  • Options
    Pa.BillPa.Bill Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not fit.....will die with a happy stomach.[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i'm starting to like the cage match idea. for about two years i did mixed martial arts ,but i quit after i hurt my knee,so i'm fairly certain i could whup the hippies tree huggin' behind. i strength train every other day and i've stopped eating at fast food joints( although i do sneak in a couple burritos from the local gas station every now and then[;)])my wife is about 105 pounds and only 5'2" and does that "yoda"[?] stuff and something called "tai chi" or "dim sum" i can't tell the difference between these weird exercises anymore.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That BMI stuff is crazy.
    If I weighed what it said, I would look like a concentration camp survivor.

I am 6'1", and right at 200 lbs.
    Sure, could I lose 5 or 10 pounds maybe,.....yes.

Those charts say I should weigh 175 or less.
    No way for me.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    Had a doctor tell me many years ago that I was overweight. Probably was a little - 6'2" abut 235. But he said he wanted me to weigh 188 pounds. I looked at him like he was crazy and told him that my skeleton weighed 188 pounds. He had no response. Still overweight at 69+ years and suffering from it, but I think I'll live a bit yet.
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    BMI is BS. I'm 5'9" and weigh 200ish.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Well there is alot more to it than "I am 6'5 and 230" what is your bf%? Do you have any idea what your lean body mass is? You could be 230 but only carrying 160 LBM and in that case... yes you would be FAT at over 30% bf. If you want a basis to even have a logical discussion then goto your local Y and have a Body Comp done.

Saying you are 6'5 and 230 is about as descriptive as "it is a car"

Some people call me a health nut.. but... well maybe I am...
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    I'm 6'foot 201 lbs . Your not over weight at all Punisher and don't loose anymore weight being your 6'5". That co-worker of hers has no idea what he is talking about.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:anybody got anything they want to add?

Yeah. Why does she care what some freak thinks of you? Who is she married to anyways?

Personally, I would make it a point to meet up with he little nit-wit and inform him to STFU. I would further tell him if he doesn't, I would be happy to break his femur and watch him bleed to death.

But, hey, thats just me.
  • Options
    HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Well there is alot more to it than "I am 6'5 and 230" what is your bf%? Do you have any idea what your lean body mass is? You could be 230 but only carrying 160 LBM and in that case... yes you would be FAT at over 30% bf. If you want a basis to even have a logical discussion then goto your local Y and have a Body Comp done.

Saying you are 6'5 and 230 is about as descriptive as "it is a car"

Some people call me a health nut.. but... well maybe I am...
    Dead on on this topic as usual.......
    I know guys who are 6'5" 230lbs weak and soft as all get out, someone can be 5'9 and 160lbs and technically not underweight but can still be very fat in terms of BF%, I consider someone lean only if they are vascular (visible bicep vein for instance, visible cut between bicep and shoulder) and muscular not skinny and flabby
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i've met the guy a couple times at the parties my wifes boss throws for Christmas and the dude makes it a point every year to point out my shortcomings to my wife( i never graduated high school,never went to college, and the fact i own more guns than my local sheriffs department and that i just plain ain't right for her.) i broke the guy's nose at one party after he mouthed off about my choice of career.(i was a security guard at the time)and as for the body fat stuff, its just something the morons in Kalifornia want everyone to worry about ,so they start buying the danged health food that costs about as much as a box of premium match grade ammo.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by the_punisher_
    i've met the guy a couple times at the parties my wifes boss throws for Christmas and the dude makes it a point every year to point out my shortcomings to my wife( i never graduated high school,never went to college, and the fact i own more guns than my local sheriffs department and that i just plain ain't right for her.) i broke the guy's nose at one party after he mouthed off about my choice of career.(i was a security guard at the time)and as for the body fat stuff, its just something the morons in Kalifornia want everyone to worry about ,so they start buying the danged health food that costs about as much as a box of premium match grade ammo.

Sounds like you need to do some "tap dancing" on the feller. A dark alley and a tire iron just MIGHT be the ticket.

If it were me, I would learn him a thing or two about running the piehole. Sucking lunch through a straw for six month just might fix his malfuction.
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1

i broke the guy's nose at one party after he mouthed off about my choice of career

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

[B)]
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    6'4" 240.Until I was 35 I went 180 and everybody said I was to thin and couldn't gain weight been adding 5lbs a year since then.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your more recent post sure makes it sound like you've got problems other than your fitness.

This dude is after your WIFE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.

Oooh yes, "These pretzels are making me thirtsy!"

[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.
    Your more recent post sure makes it sound like you've got problems other than your fitness.

I kinda thought that from the first post Dave. [:)]

Edit:
    You ever listen to Bob and Tom? You aren't Mr. Obvious are you? [:D][;)]
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    quote:Edit:
    You ever listen to Bob and Tom? You aren't Mr. Obvious are you?

God...how I love that skit! I like the one when he calls in because he was having some work done at his house and walked in his room and found the construction worker on top of his wife.

What station are they on now? and what time do they have MR Obvious on?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and as for the body fat stuff, its just something the morons in Kalifornia want everyone to worry about ,so they start buying the danged health food that costs about as much as a box of premium match grade ammo.

BF% is actually alot to worry about... too high and you have serious health problems... too low and hormone levels go wacky. As for health food... easy... chicken, fish, beef, taters, rice, veggies, fruit... clean healthy eating is not expensive at all... actually it is cheaper than eating the pre packaged crap that most people put into their bodies.

Sounds like you and this guy have issues... actually sounds more like you and your wife have issues.. if anyone ever insulted David I would have (and actually have) said some choice (or not so choice depends on your view) things and would not deal with them on a personal basis anymore. If your wife chooses to talk to him even though he insults you then she obviously values him more than you.
  • Options
    edited November -1

[xx(]
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    6'4" 240.Until I was 35 I went 180 and everybody said I was to thin and couldn't gain weight been adding 5lbs a year since then.

I was 6-2 and 180 by age 15 and my high school wrestling coach was constantly after me too get up to 200 pounds because I was too thin. 38 years later if I could get down to 200 I'd be doing back flips (honest, I used to be able to do them)!
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho

[xx(]

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i kinda figured the dude was after my wife after he bought her a fur coat because he thought of her in it. i ended up pawning the coat and buying a .454 casull revolver with the cash i got. once again for the Kalifornia health nuts, i strength train every other day and i watch my health like i have since i was in mixed martial arts.i get regular check ups from my family doctor who has a severe dislike for fad diets.he's been around long enough to have seen every idiotic fad since the 60's
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My X wanted me to get rid of some excess weight once, so I did...I divorced her sorry *
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
    edited November -1
    I lived with a woman like your girlfriend for a few years. Only reason I put up with her is because she was good in bed. In fact, two or three other fellers can back me up on that!
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm old, bald, and ffffffat!, and going to die that way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    and as for the body fat stuff, its just something the morons in Kalifornia want everyone to worry about ,so they start buying the danged health food that costs about as much as a box of premium match grade ammo.

BF% is actually alot to worry about... too high and you have serious health problems... too low and hormone levels go wacky. As for health food... easy... chicken, fish, beef, taters, rice, veggies, fruit... clean healthy eating is not expensive at all... actually it is cheaper than eating the pre packaged crap that most people put into their bodies.

Sounds like you and this guy have issues... actually sounds more like you and your wife have issues.. if anyone ever insulted David I would have (and actually have) said some choice (or not so choice depends on your view) things and would not deal with them on a personal basis anymore. If your wife chooses to talk to him even though he insults you then she obviously values him more than you.

+1

The dude is after your wife...and might already have a foothold.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i kinda figured the dude was after my wife after he bought her a fur coat because he thought of her in it. i ended up pawning the coat and buying a .454 casull revolver with the cash i got. once again for the Kalifornia health nuts, i strength train every other day and i watch my health like i have since i was in mixed martial arts.i get regular check ups from my family doctor who has a severe dislike for fad diets.he's been around long enough to have seen every idiotic fad since the 60's

so this guy buys your wife a fur and she took it? Yeah....and you think things are ok at home? ok then....
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    I've only gained about 7.5 pounds a year since birth. I'm 56.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell, I'm 6' 220 and in good shape. I play 80+ softball games a year and stay pretty active. I will be working out heavy this fall though.

I want to maintain the same weight, but lose my belly (not big as it is).
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Well I am 5'9" and weight 245lbs. Yea I am big for my height but I can bench 400lbs and hike the woods all day long. Most of the buildings I build are multi story and I run up and down stairs all day long. Sometimes as much as 8-10 floors.

388DSC_001881201.JPG
  • Options
    Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    last time i did a body fat assesment i was at 13% which aint bad for 190lbs. The best way to measure your body fat is in a tank of water (college athletes do it). I know for a fact the indiana university football team its the most accurate assesment you can get body fat wise. I tend to stay pretty active. The body armor helps with keeping the weight off to. And mmomeq nice 5'9 you got them short arms and how hard are you arching or you just stayin flat when you press man ?
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    That BMI stuff is crazy.
    If I weighed what it said, I would look like a concentration camp survivor.

I am 6'1", and right at 200 lbs.
    Sure, could I lose 5 or 10 pounds maybe,.....yes.

Those charts say I should weigh 175 or less.
    No way for me.[xx(]

6'-5" 215lbs
    and my BMI is 25.5
    the one jsut looked at doesn't even go to 77" and I'm already 15 pounds overweight
    The one at the gym must be the same one marc has it says Im 24 lbs overwieght I'd look like a upside down canoe paddle at 185lbs