In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

state plans 5-day halt to firearm sales

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited August 2007 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea we are right on the NY/PA border in NY.. hoping to bring me some SALES !!!!
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I live in PA on the Ny border, I have met Ed Kennedy several times while at gunshows with NJretiredcop. Ed is a great guy and you can still deal with him.

As far as the shutdown Ed Rendell the Gov, a Democrap under the Philadelphia anti gun influence doesn't give a rats * about gun sales losses!!!

Fortunatly I live in a section of the state away from Philly that is much more conservative!!!

Doesn't effect me because I plan on shooting my guns this weekend not buying any. Were having our fourth annual Labor day get together and shoot this weekend. [:D]

I do feel for the business's that will take aloss, all the more reason why the sensible people left in this state must do what we can to Get Ed Rendell and the Liberal Democraps out of office!!!

Were hoping Philly succeeds with New Jersey and New York!!![:D]
  • Options
    riderrider Member Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's all just part of the great plan to disarm us.....[:(!][:(!] They won't rest until we are huddled into one big mass of quivering, scared sheep, sitting behind our doors waiting for our daily orders of what they want us to do......"they"? take your pick.......any liberal democrat with the most power today.

rider
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of idiots. Reason number 234,2576,193,15 not to live on the left or right coast.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send them Doves down South [:)][:)]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    What is the point of getting upset over Big Daddy saying "Later" to buy a gun when you are used to crawling on your belly asking permission anyway ?
    Some small residue of a backbone trying to rear its ugly head ?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    You get what you elect. Or fail to elect through not voting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bush has been in office 7 years.

Any gun laws rolled back ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yo Highball we all know where your backbone is!!!![:D]

Pennsylvania's gun laws are no where near as strict as many states!!
    I don't need a ccw to purchase a handgun, I don't have to take a class to get my ccw, and can purchase as many firearms as I want, when I want! I can hand my firearms down to my offspring with out a transfer, as well as many other benefits!! Yeah I have to pass the nics test, but thats a small price to pay to keep the guns out of the hands of a few whackos!!!!

We don't have hurricanes,wild fires, tornados, or sweltering heat, the hispanics are minimal, we have good hunting, the taxes are low!!! I'm happy!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yup, Pa..anti-gun is anti-gun.
    Some people find crawling on their belly easier then other do.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regardless what 5 days they would have shut the system down to upgrade Somebody or some organization would complain. Maybe they should have tried it during the first tuesday in Nov.
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    Yo Highball we all know where your backbone is!!!![:D]

Pennsylvania's gun laws are no where near as strict as many states!!
    I don't need a ccw to purchase a handgun, I don't have to take a class to get my ccw, and can purchase as many firearms as I want, when I want! I can hand my firearms down to my offspring with out a transfer, as well as many other benefits!! Yeah I have to pass the nics test, but thats a small price to pay to keep the guns out of the hands of a few whackos!!!!

We don't have hurricanes,wild fires, tornados, or sweltering heat, the hispanics are minimal, we have good hunting, the taxes are low!!! I'm happy!!!!

I hunted up in Honesdale, Pa. a few years ago. It was some of the best land I have ever laid foot on. The problem with the state is they would not allow me to hunt with my Browning BAR or my model 7400. All them Pa. boys were shooting the 7600's. I thought that was a crock! A little too restrictive for me. [xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It only takes one shot!!!! [:D]
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    think postive, 5 days w/o buying allows us to save more to buy better guns on day 6.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    The part about not using the NICS is a crock. I suspect it takes a week or two before a "new" record is even put in the PICS and anyone newly disqualified from buying a fiream probably wouldn't be in that system either.

Besides why can't they put the PICS file on a separate computer while they do their upgrade?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it has something to do with them being democraps!!!![;)][:D]
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The PSP keeps a record of purchases in spite of a judge's order to cease.

The shut-down has ro occur some time. NICS history indicates sales are lower at this time, and higher in the later part of the month.

The dealers are pissed because of the short warning.

News makers have been writing the stupidest articles about those "blasting a bunch of little birds" ad nauseam. The stupidest articles imaginable.

One does not crawl on their belly in the birthplace of liberty. Rendel is a politician, though. When first in office, he allowed a rep to float an idea to eliminate private transfer between family, and had a plan to remove all the C&Rs from the state, thereby proving to any fence-sitters the true nature of his core character. An out-of-touch buffoon regarding the fabric of his constituency. and his privatize I-80 is a real winner!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:One does not crawl on their belly in the birthplace of liberty

Ditto!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:One does not crawl on their belly in the birthplace of liberty
    Indeed ?
    WhenI was about 11, I asked daddy for permission to buy a gun. He refused..and I went and bought it anyway.

That was the last time I ever asked.
    Until the government instituted "Begging for permission to buy a gun".

You call it what you will..but begging government to purchase a RIGHT...is crawling on your belly to exercise a 'privilege'...which WAS a RIGHT.

That is, I am sure, too harsh for you..the truth generally is.

There is no case in recorded history that gun controls have prevented a crime..because with 270 million guns in circulation, one would have to be total flat-lined to not be able to buy a gun within the next 2 hours...if one wanted it...and if it DID prevent criminal acts...you STILL would have to amend the Constitution to implement it...if we still HAD a Constitution in this country, that is.
    Buying into the supposed goodness of 'Nics' checks is a fine example of 'brain-washing works'...and works well to subvert the Constitution for most people.
  • Options
    ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't effect any Pennsyltuckian with a C&R License.......or those gun auctions that are "person to person" that I so dearly miss.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    five days?

just think what could happen if the system doesn't come back on? at all maybe they have some sort of catistrophic server failure and it is they say it will take months to reboot???

i don't like the sound of it

smells fishy to me.