In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw that, looks awesome. And it's not fully automatic, so we should be able to buy them, too!

[:p][8)]
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From a soldier's stand-point, I don't like it. It's too big and klutzy. Imagine trying to dismount from the back seat of a humvee with one of those. Good idea, but they need to find a way to make it no bigger than an M4.
  • Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no bigger than a saw
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It doesn't sound like it's intended for general use but sort of like a SAW.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand this is a shoulder fired weapon, but isn't this kind of like launching a mortar? Range of 750 meters (nearly half a mile) and designed to take out targets from behind cover ... seems like it would be very handy even if was mounted like a 50 cal on the back of a Jeep (think 60's tv shows). quote:"Say you've lazed out to 543 meters ... when you pull the trigger it arms the round and fires it 543 meters plus or minus a one-, two- or three-meter increment, then it explodes over the target."

A squad trying to neutralize an enemy fighter wouldn't have to wait until he showed himself - instead, they could just aim to a spot near him, then use the XM-25 to have a grenade explode directly there.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would'nt the inertia from the forward motion
    of the projectile cause the fragmentation to
    continue to move in the same direction only
    spreading in a cone shaped pattern like a
    shotgun blast? Maybe if the speed of the blast
    is a lot more than the velocity of the projectile
    the spread may be almost at a right angle to
    the line of sight.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought they canned that POS a few years ago because it was too heavy, too bulky, and too computerized for a rifle in the field...
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better hope it doesn't get wet.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    I thought they canned that POS a few years ago because it was too heavy, too bulky, and too computerized for a rifle in the field...

quote:"The way a soldier operates this is you basically find your target, then laze to it, which gives the range, then you get an adjusted aim point, adjust fire and pull the trigger,"

Only in the movies

This POS could be useful to have 1-2 per unit using them as secondaries but not a primary weapon