In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    I have been debateing something for the last couple weeks.

Most of you know about my 94 Bronco XLT. It only has about 30000 miles on the new crate motor that was installed 3 years ago and pretty much looks like the day it was new and is 100% payed off and gets about 15mpg overall.

I am considering getting rid of it and getting me a new F-150 SuperCrew 4x2 XLT with a 5.4l motor. These are rated for 14 city and 19 hwy. My payments would be about $350 per month and my insurance would go up about $60 per month.

What would you do? Do I tie myself into payments for 5 years or drive my Bronco that has nothing wrong with it and will probly last me at least 7 more years or longer with no more than I drive?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Getting ready to fire up the smoker to smoke some salmon.

I have cherry wood and apple wood.

Which should I use?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you think a company should ask an employee to float up to 75% of the employees pay to cover business travel and lodging expenses?

It can take up to five weeks to get a check for expenses. The shortest amount of time is 3 ? weeks?

A credit card is not a option for this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have the hip boots ready[:D]
    I can get either Ruger Hawkeye of Tikka T3 in 338 fedral for the same price which one would you chose
  • Options
    edited November -1
    your in a store, getting a soda and a candy bar. the guy in front of you speaks to the cashier, and your are overpowered by the presence of alcohol on his breath. his speech slurred, isnt walking to well etc. he walk out of the store, climbs into the drivers seat of his pickup, and motors off. do you:

a) follow him, call in his plate, location m/m/c of the vehicle etc.
    b) mind your own business(who cares if he's driving through a neighborhood right?)

i realize that we all like to take a drink on occasion. i also realize that on occasion, some of us might even decide its a dandy idea to drive. please be objective in your responses

--Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed--

--The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them--

--It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind--
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got a friend looking for a 9mm pistol.

He took a look at the new S&W M&P model and liked it. He asked my opinion of the pistol but I haven't fired or even handled one.
    I told him I'd ask on the forums if anyone had any experience with it.

Also, how does it compare with the S&W 99, the Springfield XD and or anything else similar.

He's not interested in a Glock. Doesn't care for the grips.

jl45
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some of you are aware of the Fugitive recovery thing I'm doing. Originally I thought this was more than it actually is (remember my tactical question that got such good feedback?).

Basically we will approach the subject or their home normally dressed, but carrying pistols underneath. I have two pistols that can be used at the moment. My Kahr P45 and CZ 40P. Both of which I absolutely love and trust.

The Kahr is a compact 45 with a 6+1 capacity. I have 3 magazines for a total of 19rds on my person.
    CZ is a full size 40 S&W with a 10+1 capacity. I have 2 magazines for a total of 21rds on my person.

Essentially, the pistol will RARELY be used. Even then it may be only needed to convince somebody to get down. Even rarer then that would it actually be needed to defend myself. I plan on using the CZ. Do you think I will have the capacity to get out of where I'm at and back to the vehicle? Otherwise I may order more magazines.

Also, which pistol would you take in with you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I didnt want to hijack the new guys thread about gun questions on health questionaire.

Need some opinions here. i have instructed my kids that they are not to tell no one about guns in this house. Now that doesnt include papaw or the immediate family. is this paranoid? Not that i am worried about theft as much as I am worried about the wrong person asking when its none of their damn business. ie Family Doctor or public school teachers and the like. just wondering if any of you do this?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thinking about trying to expand my blacksmithing hobby to make a little money. If it were you, what would you do? First, I know it needs a name. I'm fond of "revolutionary ironworks" but suggestions are welcome. Second, I need a way to get my product out there. Thinking about a simple website like Oldemagic's, but how much would that cost? And do y'all think I would make any money? If I could make atleast $150 a week average I'd up and quit my day job, but I don't foresee that. I know I need to build a stock of items ready to go to have on hand. Also, maybe set up shop at gun shows? The flea market? Any little avenue I can? Thanks for the help guys, I'm thinking long and hard about this. I love smithing, and I make only about $120 a week as it is, so it won't take much to keep me running. I'm going to try and have atleast 50 items for the main page. Forks, blades, s hooks, you name it. I'm also considering renting a bay at the place I work at now and running some business out of it. Ironworks, and I'll do gun cleaning (people don't like cleaning their guns, but for $25 I will). But, that takes money and I need to make sure I won't be spending more than i make. Man this is a headache. Not mentioning I'll probably have to start filing taxes or some crap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    drum308big.jpg

Delta.gif

tn_people112.gif

isrraeliflag.gif

God Bless America again. We all know the trouble that shes in. Wipe her pretty face.. dry her eyes and then.. God bless America again. (Loretta Lynn)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am getting ready to make some home made corn bread to go with my bean soup.

I will be making it in a cast iron skillet.

Should I lightly coat my skillet with lard or butter flavored crisco?

Which will give me the best flavor?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for an inexpensive 243 bolt action for my stepdaughter for christmas... I like the savage line from what i see and read but in my budget range ( around$350) all i can find are synthetic stocks...which my wife detests! Any other options in a wood stock that im overlooking? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm bored so I took the rear sight off my reproduction M1 Carbine and threw my scope mount on it. I have a 20mm red dot and a reflex red dot laying around and trying to decide if one of them wants a new home being mounted on my carbine.

Red Dot:
    100_0061.jpg

Reflex:
    100_0062.jpg

This is just an attempt at killing some time, I may or may not keep one of them on there. What do you think?
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    The representative from Colorado votes "Nay".[:D]
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    The representitive from CA, who's black gun choices are either severly limited or non existant, votes..... AYE!
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried one of those mounts on a carbine once, it would get it the way of the ejection, and the cases would bounce back in the way of the bolt...
    How good of a welder are you? get a extra front sight and weld a compensator / flash supressor to the front sight... I used the Numrich "sweat on" compensator for the one I did, and had a buddy tig it on, I turned a brass mandrel to keep it straight...I had the same choate stock you have, it gives it a EBR look....I wish I would have taken a picture...
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I use to have a scope on this mount the first time it was on the rifle and you could see on the scope tube where the cases were hitting it. The sights are too high with the mount so I guess the peep sight is going back on.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Well, are your eyes good enough for the original sights?

If so, ditch the whiz-bang stuff (and that too-modern stock) and go retro.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I put the rear sight back on. It use to have a wood stock but it was too short for my tastes and it was cracked. I know the black plastic is a bit tactical mall ninja but I like how it handles with it. This is just an IAI reproduction so there's no harm done with changing things up a bit.

Actually, my eyes aren't good enough for open sights. I'm nearsighted and even with glasses I have trouble focusing on anything beyond 75 yards.
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would ditch the brown plaid futon cover.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, that's a fine 75-yard rifle, then.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is a question about optic choice not a discussion on my living room set. The futon, the old Lay-z-boy was free, and the love that was found on the curb was free.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111
    This is a question about optic choice not a discussion on my living room set. The futon, the old Lay-z-boy was free, and the love that was found on the curb was free.

I think it needs a womans touch....
    just like your brother[}:)]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're right Don, any piece of furniture looks better with a naked woman on it.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Not my cup of tea, but hey, nothing wrong with trying sumpthin' new...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're right Don, any piece of furniture looks better with a naked woman on it.[:D][:D]

I wonder about the love you found at the curb... was it really "free"?....
    quote:This is a question about optic choice not a discussion on my living room set. The futon, the old Lay-z-boy was free, and the love that was found on the curb was free
    Don
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Your bro already claimed CGR...What shemale are you looking at[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I like the M1 Carbine "as issued". I like peep sights.

But hey, it's your gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo

I wonder about the love you found at the curb... was it really "free"?....
    quote:This is a question about optic choice not a discussion on my living room set. The futon, the old Lay-z-boy was free, and the love that was found on the curb was free
    Don

As long as the free clinic is still free...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    That design is really not my taste. I don't think you can hurt it any possible way![:0]

Admit it...
    It's the plaid isn't it......
    Don
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    The representative from Colorado votes "Nay".[:D]

I'll second that motion !!