In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

renters insurance (USAA) question

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I have the option to put my guns under a renter's insurance policy, but USAA (my insurance company) wants a complete list of make, model, type, caliber, action and serial number before they'll insure my firearms.

Should I give out that information to USAA?

Comments

• Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    save the ins money an buy a big fire prof safe, an if your place starts smokeing tell the firefighters to keep it wet an cool.
    they will do it here for us if we let them know what you want to save if they can,ive seen them chop through the walls to keep one wet.
    let the rest burn.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you have enough paper to make a complete list or put it on a CD for them?
  • Options
    HWT FIREARMSHWT FIREARMS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when we were renting I used usaa for renters insurance too. I didn't and still don't have a problem giving them that information. if there was ever a need to file a claim they would need the info before hand.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    I have a renters policy (from allied) and they never asked that. Maybe I should ask if they are covered. Nothing I have except one has a value greater than 600. HMM

Edit:
    I apparently have 20K on content and can collect 2500 for total firearm loss... But if I want more my sister (the insurance agent) said I'd have to have each gun appraised.