In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Copy Cat Killer??

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
You think this guy was a copy cat Killer try to imitate the LV guy?

The story:
https://www.click2houston.com/news/intoxicated-man-found-with-small-arsenal-on-top-floor-of-hyatt-regency-downtown-police-say

C&P
A man has been arrested on multiple charges after police located a small arsenal of guns on the top floor of the Hyatt Regency on Louisiana Street downtown, Houston police said.

Police at the hotel called for backup around 1:30 a.m. Sunday after they attempted to arrest the man for being intoxicated and trespassing. When help arrived, police noticed ammunition laying around the man's hotel room, Lt. Gordon Macintosh with Houston police said.

The man was arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon and trespassing. When investigators looked into his room further, they located an AR-15, a shotgun, a handgun and lots of ammunition, Macintosh said.

Glad they got him before he could do harm, then on the other hand he may have just had some guns on him. I know when I travel I carry 2 handguns and a AR-15. I usually have 4-5 mags for the pistols and another 100 rds in a box and 5 mags for the AR. That would probably get me in some serious trouble in a hotel room over looking a park or a gathering.

What say you?
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be interested to know what the unlawfully carrying a weapon charge entails and trespassing. Trespassing at a hotel that he has a room for rent? Perhaps he was drunk, in an area of the hotel closed off to guests and happened to be armed.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So a pistol, an AR-15 and a shotgun constitutes an arsenal? What the hell do most of us have then?

Define "lots of ammunition".

While he may have been up to no good, he may have also just been traveling and became intoxicated and we know that instant a-hole at times just needs alcohol as the catalyst.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I would be interested to know what the unlawfully carrying a weapon charge entails and trespassing. Trespassing at a hotel that he has a room for rent? Perhaps he was drunk, in an area of the hotel closed off to guests and happened to be armed.

I agree.

I thought it was kind of strange to be charged with trespassing when you have a room.

quote:Define "lots of ammunition".

Exactly! What is a lot to some is not so much to others and 3 guns to me is just a starter kit. An Arsenal would be 100+ guns and 100,000+ rounds of ammo.
    RLTW

• Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dunno what was really going on with this guy unless they saw something else going on that wasn?t mentioned. Mixing alcohol and gunpowder may seem like the thing to do at the time but it generally doesn?t always end well. Case in point.
    As to 100+ guns, I?m not there, but the ammo, well...
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just because someone rents a room doesn't give them 100% free will to do whatever they want. They still need to abide by any hotel rules and regulations.

For example, he could have been drunk and obnoxious and asked to leave but refused to do so. Could have been smoking in a non-smoking room. Or they could have seen one of his guns, told him they had a no firearm policy and he needed to leave but refused.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by medic07
    So a pistol, an AR-15 and a shotgun constitutes an arsenal? What the hell do most of us have then?

Define "lots of ammunition".

I?d venture to guess that most 8 year old boys in Texas own at least the above.