In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why this time?

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Why do you suppose that it?s more likely that we will see some restrictions on second amendment rights after the most recent shooting? There was some talk of bump stocks after Las Vegas, but nothing has happened. Why now? Because it was a school?

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because we have a President from the same party as the majority in Congress encouraging such conversation. Trump is driving the bus on this and only furthering the aims of Democrats.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because idiots elected a Democrat in Republican sheeps clothing. Let?s elect a NYC ?Republican? reality tv star they said. It will be great they said. Believe me! You?ll get tired of winning..are we tired of all this winning yet?? You ARE seeing a tyrant in the works.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The left is getting better at Social Engineering.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because the coordinated exploitation of these victims by the left lib den prog alt left and their media propaganda wing was better planned - they have been waiting for an incident so they can exploit every drop of blood spilled.

They dropped the ball on Las Vegas and learned theoretically lesson.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am not a tin foil hat conspiracy nut but I think that what happened in Las Vegas has been covered up and oddly disappeared from media coverage...

Look at the media circus of exploitation at the Florida school today - it's a shameful crime and a usurpation of children's deaths to advance a political agenda.

Mike
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Change is definitely coming and it doesn't look good. Earlier on FOX, I watched part of a round table discussion with the Prez, VP, congress persons and senators.

Trump said he would ban bump stocks by executive order. He also said that the cops should have taken the FL shooter's guns whether they had the legal authority or not. He said that in the future that LE should take guns from folks who shouldn't have them (didn't say how he'd determine who shouldn't have them) then, after the fact, they can go to court over it.

Basically, we're f**ked.
  • Options
    mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Mr. Mike. Isn't it funny that we knew more about this school shooting an hour after it happened than we know about the Vegas shooting even now??
    To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    Because the coordinated exploitation of these victims by the left lib den prog alt left and their media propaganda wing was better planned - they have been waiting for an incident so they can exploit every drop of blood spilled.

Mike
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Because idiots elected a Democrat in Republican sheeps clothing. Let?s elect a NYC ?Republican? reality tv star they said. It will be great they said. Believe me! You?ll get tired of winning..are we tired of all this winning yet?? You ARE seeing a tyrant in the works.

So you'd rather have hillary??? Idiot!
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time will tell if we are being sold out or not. The plan could be to make them think we are giving up something when in truth we are not. Trump makes deals. Weither he makes a good deal on this or not remains to be seen.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all some people forget quickly what the alternative to Trump was and what would have already taken place had she gotten elected.

Perhaps Trump recognizes that to not loose the whole pie, perhaps giving up a slice is needed at this time. I don't like what is going on , but I also realize that although we have won a number of battles over our second amendment rights we are in a war.

The enemies of our gun rights are well armed in their own right and a great threat. Do we have media backing ? How many of our donations does it take to equal those the likes of Soros or Bloomberg ? Are we in control of our child's liberal education system ?

And for all you Trump haters - Stick it !

All we can do is fight with what we have, and do the best we can to not loose the war.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag

Of course not. So you have no problem with a President who is willing to violate the Constitution? I find ANY politician who violates the Constitution to be a despicable tyrant. Ah but who cares so long as there?s an R after their name right? You?ll get spoon fed anti gun laws all day long and love it just because it?s not Hillary who brought it up.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    No 2020 for Trump.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You got it!!
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075

Mike

Yep, this is what has been going on for some time now. Opposition is far more organized and most importantly, they ban together.
    Deceit is everywhere in the media.
    As far as any legislation, we have to wait and see. Words are cheap.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I don't normally post links to external websites, but if you Chicken Littles knew the REAL reason behind the Florida shooting; you'd see the chain of responsibility involved.
    Ann Coulter (via Drudge) explains exactly how this was set up.
    http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-02-28.html#read_more

Sure hope the link works!
    Mainly because of the "3" GBGD posters who never verify anything, and take the media as Gospel.
  • Options
    DPHMINDPHMIN Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The link works.

It is a shame that Cruz was arrested after the school shooting because that will ruin his chances for a higher education and a productive life.[:p]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Why "this" time?

It's not "this" time. It's that after EVERY time, the opportunity to have a frank and mature discussion was booted by the Republicans at the bidding of the NRA.

It's not a single event.

It's the last in a series of events over decades of inaction.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why this time? Folks seem to be disgusted this time. If you were not a 2nd A supporter and gun hobbie person you might feel different.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Why "this" time?

It's not "this" time. It's that after EVERY time, the opportunity to have a frank and mature discussion was booted by the Republicans at the bidding of the NRA.

It's not a single event.

A "mature discussion" would be about school protection.

Discussing forfeiting "the right of the people" isn't mature. The "right of the people" is common to the ideals of the constitution, are you willing to compromise them all?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Why "this" time?

It's not a single event.

Discussing forfeiting "the right of the people" isn't mature. The "right of the people" is common to the ideals of the constitution, are you willing to compromise them all?

Are YOU willing to let the slaughter to continue unabated?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Are YOU stupid enough to think getting rid of guns will stop murder?? I guess you'd feel better if they used bombs? This is really to stupid to even discuss. [xx(]
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

We/you never really had a choice to begin with it's all the same coin with each side playing us.Big money buys the elections here InThe USA.

President Trump says he not afraid of The NRA anymore with Dianne Feinstein and John Cornyn by his side backing up his stance on gun confiscation control without due process first. Guilty until proven innocent just like in Red China! WAKE UP!

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1

Are YOU stupid enough to think getting rid of guns will stop murder?? I guess you'd feel better if they used bombs? This is really to stupid to even discuss. [xx(]

Your need to resort to invective tells me that you don't want to "discuss" anything.

Good enough. I doubt anything I say would change your mind, anyway, right?
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of you think it is wise to let everybody have access to a machine gun? If not who should have?
    Apparently Trump doesn't think everybody should have access to one so now he is a Democrat in your opinion. The guy across the street from me sells drugs I don't want him to have one. A bump stock is a machine gun.
    And I'm no damned Democrat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why "this" time?

It's not a single event.

I thought you were advocating for a mature discussion.

Is the goal to protect children or is the goal to limit the people's access to arms?

The right of the people to bear arms has a purpose and it is well documented in the writings of our founders. To infringe on that right is to defeat it's purpose. Compromising the right to bear arms is a move to defeat the people's rights and thus it is a move to defeat the ideals of our nations founding.

Protecting our children in our schools is a lot simpler to do than destroying a nation.

So, is the goal to protect children or is the goal to limit the people's access to arms?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1

No, he like me would rather have had any of the others in the fielded republican class which were shunned in lieu of Trump, for reasons unknown. Personally, I would have preferred Cruz.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:

I thought you were advocating for a mature discussion.

Is the goal to protect children or is the goal to limit the people's access to arms?

It depends on WHOSE goals you're talking about. The goals of lawmakers and the Government in general has been, thus far, to merely get re-elected so they can continue to feed at the trough.
    quote:
    The right of the people to bear arms has a purpose and it is well documented in the writings of our founders. To infringe on that right is to defeat it's purpose. Compromising the right to bear arms is a move to defeat the people's rights and thus it is a move to defeat the ideals of our nations founding.

The "ideals" of this nation's founding have been "infringed" upon since before the damn ink was dry. And for good reasons, usually. quote:
    Protecting our children in our schools is a lot simpler to do than destroying a nation.
    If it were, it would've been done by now.
    quote:
    So, is the goal to protect children or is the goal to limit the people's access to arms?

That depends on how paranoid one is.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    A bump stock is a machine gun.
    You are a liar.....You must be a Democrat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Damn it's jiffy pop popcorn on the stove time...

Plus I can use the tinfoil to improve my hat.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    A bump stock is a machine gun.
    You are a liar.....You must be a Democrat.

It fires fully auto. That's a machine gun. If you say no you are a liar. If your a liar you must be a Democrat. That is what they do.
  • Options
    edited November -1

It fires fully auto. That's a machine gun. NO IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!I THOUGHT YOU YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SOME KIND OF GUN GUY? TELL ME JUST HOW A BUMP STOCK MAKES A MACHINE GUN. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A MACHINE GUN IS?????
  • Options
    edited November -1

It fires fully auto. That's a machine gun. NO IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!I THOUGHT YOU YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SOME KIND OF GUN GUY? TELL ME JUST HOW A BUMP STOCK MAKES A MACHINE GUN. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A MACHINE GUN IS?????

Certainly do. It appears that you don't. I spent my time firing one and in between them Son. Sounds like all you know is how to insult people. That doesn't make you a gun expert.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No 2020 for Trump.

So Oprah then?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Certainly do. It appears that you don't. I spent my time firing one and in between them Son. Sounds like all you know is how to insult people. That doesn't make you a gun expert.

A bump stock does not alter how a semi-automatic fire control system functions. It only increases the rate of fire by increasing the speed in which a person can pull the trigger. A bump stock equipped rifle still only fires one shot per trigger pull. So if one is using the legal definition of an automatic vs a semi-automatic a bump stock does not convert any semi-auto into an automatic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    No 2020 for Trump.

So Oprah then?

It'll be interesting to see if this sitting President gets a primary challenge. Based on what I've read it hasn't happened in a longtime.
  • Options
    edited November -1

So you are not able to tell me how a bump stock converts a semi auto into a machine gun? Go ahead, show me how I'm wrong and you're right.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:

The "ideals" of this nation's founding have been "infringed" upon since before the damn ink was dry. And for good reasons, usually. quote:

That is not a valid reason for further infringements. If magazine feed semi-auto arms are banned the right to bear arms is not just infringed, for it's intended purpose, it is destroyed.
    If the power of the people is so reduced to such a low level our entire system is voided.
    o

It hasn't been done because the majority of people haven't accepted it needs done. It is not complicated a little effort, time, and investment and it's done. I think that corner can be turned if it was the major discussion instead of discussing effectively disarming Americans. If the goal is to protect children, then let's do that.

I guess that is a barb toward someone being paranoid of big government.

One doesn't need be paranoid to understand that removing semi-auto weapons from the citizens effectively disarms us and opens the doors wide for any type of abuse or tyranny from the government. Any casual student of the history of mankind understands this. Removing the people's weapons is exactly what the 2nd amendment was intended to prevent. The 2nd is not being honored when all we have are single shots.

Disarming Americans will not make the future safer for the future generations of your family.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I appreciate your thoughtful responses. Sincerely. I would rebut the last point, though, based on Australia's and Scotland's successes. The only thing keeping those restrictions from working here is that, simply put, we're too angry a people to have this work. We're simply not as civilized.

quote:

That is not a valid reason for further infringements. If magazine feed semi-auto arms are banned the right to bear arms is not just infringed, for it's intended purpose, it is destroyed.
    If the power of the people is so reduced to such a low level our entire system is voided.
    o

It hasn't been done because the majority of people haven't accepted it needs done. It is not complicated a little effort, time, and investment and it's done. I think that corner can be turned if it was the major discussion instead of discussing effectively disarming Americans. If the goal is to protect children, then let's do that.

I guess that is a barb toward someone being paranoid of big government.

One doesn't need be paranoid to understand that removing semi-auto weapons from the citizens effectively disarms us and opens the doors wide for any type of abuse or tyranny from the government. Any casual student of the history of mankind understands this. Removing the people's weapons is exactly what the 2nd amendment was intended to prevent. The 2nd is not being honored when all we have are single shots.

Disarming Americans will not make the future safer for the future generations of your family.