In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

They Walk Among Us

andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
This made me laugh, so I'm sharing it

IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two..'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' & nbsp;She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're s orry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change..

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

>From Kingman , KS .

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE :
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.
From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' T o which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded,
'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham , Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

< /FONT>
IDIOT SIGHTING :
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

;
IDIOT SIGHTING : ;
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and they VOTE and they REPRODUCE

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Father tried to make a sacrifice with his son. Must have thought he was the reincarnation of Abraham.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Father-Sacrifice-Son-Mount-Hope-Cemetery-Arrest-149393265.html?dr
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guy came into the gunshop last week wanting to know if I could order him some night sites .Of course we can for what gun .I have it in the car ,goes out and brings in a pistol case .When i open it up there lays a homemade 410 /45 single shot pistol Guy built it himself.break action like a shotgun and the barrel latch /retainer is a thumb screw that you turn in and out .told him he would have to find a gunsmith to custom fabricate the sights ,pretty sure i could not order any to fit Wish I had taken pictures
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Recently a friend of my son-in-law came over to use my range to sight in his rifle. He has been reloading for a year or so .As far as I can tell ,from talking to him , he is self-taught .Nothing wrong with that as many of us who started pre-internet are as well. The problem is that he likes to "load them hot' without regard to published limits .He bragged that all his loads were highly compressed . Attempts to reason with him were pointless as he ,in his mind had found the secret to accurate shooting and the loads in the books were just suggestions and were wimpy only to please the lawyers.After he left ,thankfully without a blow up I got a chance to examine a fired casing he left behind .Primer was almost cratered and had flowed into the firing pin hole and the headstamp lettering was smeared from brass flow .Explained to my son-in-law what the problem was and instructed him not to invite him back anytime soon. Having myself survived a rifle blow up from a S.E.E. I have no desire to witness something similar .Ignorance is merely the lack of education and can be cured but you just cannot fix stupid .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Local gun shop about a mile from my place. I've only been there once, but you have to admire this guy's cool when dealing with these people, this one is a recent client of Western State hospital.

https://www.facebook.com/266810456834105/videos/897220877126390/

The first incident I saw was an encounter with an Evergreen State University product, of undetermined sexuality. Had some kind of message, and later went outside and threw free bibles, provided by the owner, at his building. Olympia PD was called and provided minimum help.

These people seem to be the deserving of support. Filipino family, family oriented, and very pro-2nd amendment. They're on Limited lane, about a block off Harrison and Cooper Point road. I'm sure they'd be glad to see you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man Grabs, Tries To Load Rifles At Muskogee Walmart

Muskogee Police took Everette Rowlands into custody.

MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma -
    A busy Muskogee Walmart was evacuated late Thursday night after a man broke into a gun case and tried to steal a rifle.

Officers say 35-year-old Everette Rowlands went into the Walmart on West Shawnee around 10:15 p.m. Police say Rowlands broke into a gun case and took an M-4 Rifle. He tried to load it but wasn't able to because it had a gun lock. Police say he then grabbed a Mini-14 rifle and ran into a storeroom.

Wal-Mart employees evacuated the store and officers were able to take Rowlands into custody.

He's being held in jail this morning on several charges. He was booked on complaints of grand larceny, reckless handling of a firearm, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and obstructing an officer. He also had two outstanding warrants for knowingly concealing stolen property.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems like everyboby's having meltdowns these days
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give credit where credit is due. Notice the skin color of the person that saved the boy's life.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    And this only a day or two after the whacked-out man killed one of his daughters and almost killed a second one.

We live in troubled times, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. It seems like all three realms are on steroids these days.