In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ammo at local Wal Mart today

vinco91vinco91 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
The wife and I made a run to our local Walmart tonite. They have been out of 22 ammo for weeks, tonite they were LOADED with it. They had about 25 550ct boxes $14.97, 20 500ct $13.47 and about a dozen 333ct for $10.67. The clerk said they got it in last night at 10 P.M. with a case of 9mm, the 9mm was gone by 8 A.M. I picked up a couple boxes. I have some 300 WBY coming tomorrow I won on the GB auction, I guess it's time for a range run.

Comments

• jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Wally Mart by my house had .40 in the 100 round box, .357 Sig and .22 all Winchester. Bought a few boxes of some.
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i cant afford to shoot my .357 very often :(
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The panic buying is about over and the manufacturers are catching up to the demands..[;)]
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    The panic buying is about over and the manufacturers are catching up to the demands..[;)]

Plus Obama just cut funds back on militairy ammo being used.[:(!]
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by penetraitor
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095

Plus Obama just cut funds back on militairy ammo being used.[:(!]

We lease one of our ranges to the national Guard .
    Once a month they come out for training .
    Have not seen them in a while now .
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would guess the machine that makes .22 spits em out pretty fast, I would guess you could crank out those 550 boxes at a pretty good clip, and I would also suggest if you knew you could sell em like hot cakes you would. So there for I guess the military and police are using up all the .22 LR rounds in training :)
    I smell a rat no matter what the Olin/ATK web sites say.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Was glad to see several options for 7-08 on the shelves in a local gunshop last week. Still some blank spaces on the shelves, but it's looking better. Sure isn't cheap, though.