In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American Legion Parting Shots (Humor) JAN 2009

JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
A celebrity is someone who works hard all his life to become known and then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.

A BLACKJACK DEALER and a player with a 13 count in his hand were arguing about whether or not it was appropriate to tip the dealer.

The player said, "When I get bad cards, it's not the dealer's fault. Same when I get good cards. The dealer had nothing to do with it. Why tip him?"

"When you eat out, do you tip the waiter?" the dealer asked.

"Yes."

"Well, he serves you food. I'm serving you cards, so you should tip me."

"Yeah, well, the waiter gives me what I ask for. I'll take an eight."

"AN OPTIMIST stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." - Bill Vaughan

A KNIGHT AND HIS MEN return to the castle after a long hard day of fighting.

"How are we faring?" the king asks.

"Sire," the knight replies, "I have been robbing and pillaging on your behalf all day, burning the towns of your enemies in the west."

"What?" the king shrieks. "I don't have any enemies to the west!"

"Well, you do now," the knight says.

0901Toon1.jpg

0901Toon2.jpg

0901Toon3.jpg

BUMPER STICKERS

Hang up and drive.

If your ship hasn't come in, swim out to it.

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Forget about world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

My other vehicle is in orbit.

I support faith-based missile-defense systems.

I don't have issues. I have volumes.

Driver carries no cash. He's married.

My wife gives me sound advice - 99% sound, 1% advice.

"FORECASTERS at the Federal Reserve in Philadelphia said the U.S. has been in a recession for the last 14 months. Thank you, Nostradamus! That's how you know things are slowing down, when forecasters are now predicting the past." - Jay Leno
The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.

Comments

• Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Four women are driving across country together, each from a different state: Idaho, Nebraska, Montana and California. Shortly after the trip begins, the women from Idaho pulls potatoes from her bag and throws them out the window. "What are you doing?" ask the Nebraskan. "We have so many of these in Idaho, I'm sick of looking at them"

A moment later, the gal from Nebraska pulls ears of corn from her bag and tosses them out the window. "What are you doing?" ask the gal from Montana. "We have so many of these things in Nebraska, I'm tired of looking at them.

Inspired, the Montanan opens the door and kicks the Californian out.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    "Faith-based missile defense systems." Yes!! Thank you for that!