In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colorado Gun Collectors Show.

wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
My good friend HeDog and I met last week in Denver to attend the CGCA gun show. It was a good show, but different. There was nothing you could buy currently like ARs, AKs, new ammunition, reloading supplies or beef jerky. However there was vast amounts of Colt single action armies, every Winchester lever gun you've ever heard of and many other fine collectible shotguns and rifles. There weren't many low rent .22s like I collect, but I did manage to find a couple. One was a model 90 Winchester in .22 Long Rifle, the other was a Winchester model 75 sporting .22. The model 90 has been on my bucket list for a long time. There were snow plows running west of Limon, heavy snow for awhile.

medium800.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

Comments

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Your so addicted!!

And still have a good eye!

Did you buy any weed? [:p]
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please tell me you are going to shoot them a little before cleaning them and putting them on display...

Please let us know how they shoot and the details of the range time.

Mike
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interstate, We realized after we got home that we forgot the weed. I told Wundudnee, and he said he has enough weeds already.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    Your so addicted!!

And still have a good eye!

Did you buy any weed? [:p]

Let's see, old gray haired man, driving a big pimp car on I-70, lots of guns in car, some money in pocket.........not just no, but hell no.[:0]

I have to feed my other addictions.
    standard.jpg
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The CGCA Show is a great collector show. I don't think I've ever attended it without buying either a prewar Colt Single Action or Winchester SRC. I haven't attended for the last two years; broke a long running attendance record!

I need to attend at least one more show and then head up to Leadville, weather permitting, where one of my Single Actions shipped in 1892. May can be tricky at the CGCA show; you often have to deal with a light or heavy snowfall!

Glad you found a couple of nice Winchester 22's to take home!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    sounds like a good time!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain