In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why isn't there a "next page" button??????

monticellotdmmonticellotdm Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have been reading these forums for some time now and find it irritating that there is no "next page" button. Every other forum has a "next page" icon to click on. You have to use the scroll box and scroll up to the number of the page you want to view. I usually only check the site a couple times a week so sometimes there may be several pages to catch up on and being over 50 I can't always remember which page I was on. Life must be good if this is the only thing that pisses me off today.......Am I alone on this?[;)]

Comments

• trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Look closer !
    It is there .
    Just noticed it myself .
    I have had same question .
    Wonder if it is new ?
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    Look closer !
    It is there .
    Just noticed it myself .
    I have had same question .
    Wonder if it is new ?

Where is it ??

Thanks.

Doug
  • monticellotdmmonticellotdm Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok.......i'm a retard..........I don't see it
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by monticellotdm
    Ok.......i'm a retard..........I don't see it

It's on the next page [:D]
  • GTRiemGTRiem Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you mean next page with in a topic?
    Or next page for posts,where I see only page #'s
    GTR
    edited November -1
    yes...would be nice to have a "next page" at the bottom of the page of topics...not within the same topic if it goes over 20 posts/replys.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. At the bottom of "General Discussion" (and all others) there is a note at the bottom left that says something like "There are 70 pages" and then a pulldown box with page numbers.

That's awkward and inconvenient. Every other forum design has a "Next Page" button that allows you to quickly search past posts by bringing up the next oldest page WITHOUT maneuvering through a pull-down list of pages.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    ...talk about folks getting lazy!....[;)]
  • peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This forum software needs to be updated. There is plenty of forum software out there (free & for a price) that has so many more features and capabilities than this one does.
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    Remember, this forum software was actually written about 1984, on an Atari 800. GB makes almost no money at all and just can't afford to upgrade to say, phpBB. PhpBB is a great bulliten board but it is REALLY expensive (just ask Doug or KY). No way they can afford it on what they pull in. We should all get a collection up because we owe the runners of this forum SO much for allowing us to hang out here. We should be paying them for each post!
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    Remember, this forum software was actually written about 1984, on an Atari 800. GB makes almost no money at all and just can't afford to upgrade to say, phpBB. PhpBB is a great bulliten board but it is REALLY expensive (just ask Doug or KY). No way they can afford it on what they pull in. We should all get a collection up because we owe the runners of this forum SO much for allowing us to hang out here. We should be paying them for each post!

You're darned right. Here's mine. Come on, you cheapskates. Cough it up!

one_us_dollar.jpg
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    I retract my statement .
    There is not one .
    My bad !
    There is one on the individual topics when it goes long enough to have a 2nd page .
    Sorry !
    edited November -1
    lazy?????

Yes, I am lazy at heart, I would much rather have someone else turn the pages of my books, pour my beer and feed me grapes under a hand drawn leaf fan.........But until that happens.

I suppose you have a manual transmission in your car or candles instead of light switch's or a fireplace instead of central heat and air or..............

I am sure you were joking but it is not about being lazy.....It is about convienence....... lack of confusion....simplicity.....ease of navigation on a forum web site. This is one of the few web forums I watch... Smith-wessonforum being the other. Just chalk this up to MY PET PEEVE

Also I am trying to get up 73 posts so I can put in for the .308 30-06 ammo.....
  • topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yall are starting to sound critical
    The thread is gona POOF
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    screw the next page button............ I WANT SPEEL CHICK [:D][:D]
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's more than one page [?][;)][:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!