In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Imodium now on druggie list

Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
I need/use 6 to 8 Imodiums caplets or capsules per day. I lost my entire large intestine/colon to C-Dif. I was fortunate to be reconnected with the small intestine directly to exhaust. The Imodium controls the water and solidification of the feces. Without it would have to get my mail on the can.

My point being I use and need this over the counter item every day and will have to the rest of my life unless something new is developed

Most have heard of Imodium and more than likely used it for diarrhea from time to time. Somewhere around the 12th of February I went on line searching for prices and sources for Imodium. Saw some prices at Costco, going there tomorrow will pick up some

During the search came across an item saying the druggies are now using it, as I briefly read it something about it helped to come off a bad high and it was also being used for getting high. Don?t recall which common drug was similar to cocaine or heroin or something. My thought those buzzards won't leave anything alone. Oh yea the dosage they took was 50 to 300 to get high. Would think anything over 100 would need an air hammer on the can.

Went to Costco next day, great price, picked up two packages of Imodium off the shelf. Checking out the lady said sorry can only sell you one, almost fell over, Costco was only CYA somewhere it came down sales are restricted. Ok no big problem

Week later at Costco and while their pick up a second package of Imodium, it was not on the shelf. Had to go to Pharmacy and pick it up paying separately at the time rather than the main check out

Guess the druggies struck again, is nothing sacred the druggies wont inhale, swallow or shoot. A simple everyday item what next.

Don't know if other sources are reestricting sales, if not wont be long they will have CYA

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ford...

I am still working towards getting the ostemy reversal surgery.

They left enough after they removed the tumor / resectioned my lower gi tract to hook things back up.

But since I died on the table last time around and have massive internal scarring and damage from the radical radiation treatments the surgeon will not open me back up until my one year from surgery anniversary (five more months cancer free and they say they can or will do it)

I learned about the drug addict connection the last time I was hospitalized - also learned that addicts are using diphenhidremene (allergy and cold meds - think benadryl) to enhance and extend their high...

Maybe with a scrip from your docs you can get what you need from somebody like mckesson like mail order like I use for my medical supplies.

Or maybe they can get you a scrip only higher dosage or alternative (I have a scrip for 600 mg and 800 mg naproxin so I can take one pill and avoid the retail package and mark up)

I hope something I have said is helpful or can be discussed with your docs.

You inspire me because you have had the plumbing reconnected and I still am hoping to get there.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was 14 months before being reconnected, the operation was a little rough took another 3 months before I was off the pouch
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Loperamide (Imodium is a brand name), saved me more than a few times during my travels. It mimics an opioid (codeine, morphine, heroin), which is why it stops you from pooping and was a controlled substance up until about 25 years ago. Although a fist full of Loperamide would seem to be a tough way to get high, with the continued crackdown on prescription opiates it should be no surprise that addicts move to over the counter drugs. When codeine was removed from cough syrup and replaced by Dextromethorphan, people began to abuse that, although you probably have to drink a gallon of cough syrup to get any effect. People with breathing problems complain about the difficulty of obtaining pseudoephedrine, purchases of which are strictly limited, so you have company.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah they originally told me 18 months but I have shattered the bell curve on recovery and survival expectations and they have promised 12 months.

Of course the odds say the cancer should be back before then.

Mike
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If a druggie soak their marijuana with formaldehyde (embalming fluid) to get high, nothing would surprise me if
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Told this to the wife and we were both amazed. An immodium capsule has 2mg of drug each, the addicts are taking a minimum of 50, and up to 300 per day. Amazing..[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can do 200 to 300 a day easy on my prescribed pain meds

But I have a ridiculously high tolerance and what they call a intractable high level persistent pain...

I took one time release MS contin 60 today and maybe 300 of naproxin cause I hate the pain meds.

I mean hate.

Mike
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ford, with a prescription from your doctor, there should be no limits at all to the quantity you can buy. I needed to do this to get an adequate supply of sinus medicine that is sold over the counter, but quantity restricted because it can be used to make meth.

But be aware, docs aren't used to writing these types of prescriptions so tell your doc exactly what you need. For example if you usually buy two packages of 36, tell the doc that, and that he needs to write the prescription for a quantity of 72.

If he writes it for, say, 50, when it's filled they will hand you a package of 36 and tell you they don't sell partial packages of over the counter meds ..... and they won't round up. You can guess how I know.

Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do have a prescription for Loperamide. Last prescription was for 180 and renewals. I also have two over the counter types. My everyday goal is one every four hour, if I'm late I take one of the over counter as I believe they work faster.

Another reason for the over the counter is I have no concern about inventory. In the past have seen it get so screwed up you wonder what planet the people you are dealing are from. Also if the insurance gets excited about the number at one time and temporarily get shut off I have a supply.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wish I had a better answer for you...

I have been in the situation were they will not or can not fill my scrips and it's a holiday weekend or someone is unreachable or a mistake is made.

I have ordered supplies and had a five day supply of something arrive instead of a 30 day supply because of a series or comedy of errors.

I can only offer you my hope and prayers at this point if my suggestions have been tried or proved futile.

Mike
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    damn druggies are ruining all decent things. Sign of the times...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had a death investigation involving an overdose on Imodium. Coricidin and Robitussin are also abused to induce a high and hallucinations with zero concern for what it does to the liver.
  • Options
    Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife and I use it for its intended purpose..

If we wanted to get high,,we would use what the good Lord intended for us to use..

VODKA!!!
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Less than 1/100th of a percent of Ar-15s used in crime and they want to ban them.

Druggies made cold medicine and anti poop medicine purchases damn near criminal

What is the world coming to [xx(]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!