In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock and CCI Blazer?

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I had a friend come by this evening and we had a barbaque and planned on a little shooting at my small private range. He brought some 9MM CCI Blazer's to shoot in his Glock 19. I advised pretty adimently I did not think it was safe because of the aluminum case's. I ended up giving him some of my ammo and we had agood time. Now the "Big Question" was I correct that CCI Blazer ammo should not be shot in a Glock? If sowhy is there no written warning?

Comments

• shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    i have shot them in mine and never had a problem
    never heard of a warning on blazer ammo
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    I ran them all the time in my glock 17
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    I ran 2000 of them through mine when I went to Firearms Instructor course, no issues at all.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You were incorrect, there is no reason to not shoot CCI Blazer in a Glock. I have shot over a thousand in mine with no problems.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Had a bad experience with .357's in my S$W 686. Had to tap out each spend case. Not sure why, and I did not feel they were unsafe.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    Had a bad experience with .357's in my S$W 686. Had to tap out each spend case. Not sure why, and I did not feel they were unsafe.

Aluminun case? Maybe it was to thin.
  • SwanKongSwanKong Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought Glocks could take anything?
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you think about the physics/mechanics of what is going on for a second...
    We need to be concerned about a hard case being loaded or unloaded because a hard case could potentially damage the breech, extractors, etc. Aluminum however, is softer than the steel used in the mechanism so other than gumming things up due to shavings it should be OK.
    The breech itself contains the explosion rather than the case, so shouldn't be a problem there either. (no case on muzzle loaders or 24 inch guns on battleships (granted the powder used in both is slower burn).
    Just an opinion...
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SwanKong
    I thought Glocks could take anything?unlike most others, the Glock design leaves quite a bit of the case unsupported.

Ironically, they do this in order to increase reliability.
  • Daddie_TomDaddie_Tom Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Glock 29 came with 2 test fired 10mm CCI Blazer casings. I have shot many since.. No Problems. I like shooting them at the range so I don't need to worry about losing my brass..
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've shot them through my .380 no prob. They only warning is not to reload them.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Daddie Tom hit the nail on the head here. If you've got a Glock, check the test casings they came with -- most likely will be Aluminum CCI cases. That's what came with all my Glocks, and I have......"several" [:D]

If the factory uses them and sends them in the box, I'd say their plenty safe [;)]
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen plenty put through a friend's glock (and a 40 a that) and never seen any probs.

The glocks don't offer full length cartridge support in their chambers, which lead to bulged and sometimes ruptured cases, but I don't think that aluminum cases would be much worse off than brass ones.
  • bustinstainlessbustinstainless Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have had some aluminum casing split rupture in a glock 22 and ruger p95
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bustinstainless
    i have had some aluminum casing split rupture in a glock 22 and ruger p95

Did they still eject, or did you have to manually remove the spent casing?
  • IngallsIngalls Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its just lead that they advise against.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Due to rifling of the barrel Poly wanna crackerquote:Originally posted by Ingalls
    Its just lead that they advise against.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!