In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey CAPT......

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
we need to have a GunBroker event!!
like a convention!![:p]
Invite a bunch of vendors to show off their latest stuff, educational and social activities.....
get a bunch of GB folks together......sponsors would pay the brunt of the costs.
would want to have it central to all, like Kansas!! and I know just the place[;)]
email me with your requirements and restrictions, and i'll work up a proposal.

tom

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    "what's it like to wear one of those?"
    Doc Holiday to Wyatt Earp in Tombstone.....
    How bout letting me "wear" the red stars for a day.
    I'll lock one of my own threads!!![:D]

tom
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Atlanta would be more central to most GB members and since it would be in Captn's back yard per say a BBQ in the Captn's back yard would be great. I've heard him talk about all the good stuff he fixes and now its time to show and tell for his loyal General Discussion members....[;)][:D][:o)]
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think its a good idea, but we all have to promise to send the cap'n a cut when we "trade" our contact info...
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    I've thought about this concept before as well. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

One of the things I thought would be cool would be to have some of the old-timers (those who wanted to) each prepare a brief piece on the topic of their choice, something about them ideally (maybe what defines them or why they like GB). Then, without introducing themselves, read the statement to the group and see if people could guess who they were.

Then have a big ol' pig roast / BBQ or something...family type event.

That would be a fun party!
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great Idea... ! [:p]

Especially the pig roast part... [^]
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,009 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in, I love a party.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Atlanta?
    Too "diverse" for me!
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The idea has been brought up before and one suggestion was to tie it in with the Tulsa gun show, which has a very large base of Gun Broker members within "striking distance". The logistics would take some doing and of course the dates would never be right for everyone but I don't see why it could not be pulled off.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There has been several done before, from small to large, iirc ruffit had a somewhat larger one, those where around 1999-2000
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would LOVE to finally meet some of you guys! The people that I have met have all been fantastic. This is a wonderful group!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    are you sure your not just trying to get a group together to go get your safes?????????????

what the hell throw in a few hamburgers and a few beers, anything may happen.......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:are you sure your not just trying to get a group together to go get your safes?????????????

[:D][:D]
    already have that taken care of.

tom
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    I think Atlanta would be more central to most GB members and since it would be in Captn's back yard per say a BBQ in the Captn's back yard would be great. I've heard him talk about all the good stuff he fixes and now its time to show and tell for his loyal General Discussion members....[;)][:D][:o)]

Are you kin to Peppermint Patty?
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it should be here in Sunny Charleston SC everyone should visit this area anyway and I have just the place for a gathering!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I think it should be here in Sunny Charleston SC everyone should visit this area anyway and I have just the place for a gathering!

My MIL's house? [:D] Just kidding she does not have a grill.... Maybe Drayton Hall? I've been to some really great parties there over the years, James Island Yacht club?? Went to a good 4th of July party there last year.

We do some gatherings at SHOT every year and we will be in Cody this summer with a team competing in the Industry masters.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was thinking 25 acres of woods outside the National Forest, but Drayton hall or the Yacht Club works! Didn't know you were so familiar with the area. I've been here 35 years and love itquote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98

My MIL's house? [:D] Just kidding she does not have a grill.... Maybe Drayton Hall? I've been to some really great parties there over the years, James Island Yacht club?? Went to a good 4th of July party there last year.

We do some gatherings at SHOT every year and we will be in Cody this summer with a team competing in the Industry masters.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!