In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daughter Victem of the Swine Flu

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Yesterday I posted that I felt that the swine flu would be a non-event. Today a local school canceled school due to flu. Because 1 school was canceled, todays regional track meet was delayed. My daughter should make it thru to the State Qualifier meet in the 800 and the 4X800 relay. Today is hot, tomarrow, cool and rainy. Some kids do poorly in the heat. My daughter does better in heat (hotter the better) and poorly in cool, cold, rainy. Today was a reasonably sure thing she would get thru to the next meet, tomarrow she is on the bubble. If they have the meet on Sat., 2 girls on her relay team have the SAT test, and will not be there. There are no replacements for these 2 girls. Yesterday, it looked pretty sure that she would be running 2 events next weekend, now it is very possible she won't be running at the State Qualifier meet. All because of the flu, and she wasn't even sick.

Comments

• Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    So she is not a victim. Just an inconvenience when actual people are out there pissin out their * and terribly sick from an engineered flu.

Poor girl.
  • Options
    The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    someone has misplaced priorities?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i myself would rather be safe than sorry, and at this stage i wouldn't want to take a chance
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I truely believe swine flu is just the flu. I am bothered that school is called over one case of the flu. This to me is result of the "feminization" of our country. When I was a kid, 50 years ago it would take a lot more than one case of the flu to cancel school. I guess the difference is the country wasn't made up of a bunch of weenies. I will always prioritize non-events as zero.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard that a Obama commemorative coin worn around ones neck is powerful Juju and will protect you from disease and rational thought.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sorry someone being very sick is a inconvenience to you.
  • Options
    burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    My kids are in the Fort Worth ISD, so they are out of school until the 11th, luckily my oldest is mature enough and I have a FIL that can stop by and check up, so the wife and I can still work. Something that is being missed, is I have guys that have had their hours cut, now have wife's that are risking thier jobs to stay home for a week. I know school should never be treated as day care.......... but sorry, that isn't the society we live in anymore. [V][V][V]
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Cheap...

hope that wasn't aimed at me
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Daughter Victem of the Swine Flu

Cheap...

For BURDZ who thinks I was somehow referring to his post.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Cheap...

you posted right after me and sorry I didn't just read right between the lines on that.

BURDZ
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Maybe Matis' sitten on a roll of them OBAMA COINS[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burdz19

Cheap...

you posted right after me and sorry I didn't just read right between the lines on that.

BURDZ

funny how you learn about the true character of a man
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang fools this Swine flu will kill most all of you, luckily I have taken 400 doses of Tamiflu and while granted the side effects of growing an extra arm are not really beneficial (it doesn't work) It don't hurt none neither. And for those who think Mr.Booamba created this flu that is just nonsense, of course this flu was created by the mexicans to get the rest of them over here. You see all the rich Americans already moved to Cancun, only ones left here are us, well those of us who are not already sneezing, as you read this post you probably notice watery eyes, runny nose, getting worse, soon enough you will have a high fever and achy all over. Sorry but you have just contracted the flying fing avian doing a swine flu, this flu started when a mexican mated with a swine who had a bird come lick him and then crapped on a texas steer who was mated by a texan and started this whole Avian, swine human flu thing. I read all of this in the federal ledger right before they took me out of congress in hand cuffs early today.I escaped by threating to bite one of the guards and give them this deadly sexually conrived concoction of flu like geneticlly altered disease
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!