In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Odd change at local Wally

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Used to be several signs saying "4 box limit" now all the signs are gone, and I went in this morning, they had a litter better stock on some of the revolver ammo, and probably 20 boxes of nines, I asked how many I could buy adn she said 6 total boxes, so I got 6 9's. Wonder why they changed it from 4-6 though?
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    wonder why they ever put a limit on it. if I am a retail store and I can sell ALL a product in 10 minutes why would I ever limit cash flow and sell it over 3 days? or even 12 hours? There are not people standing in line or camping in the isles in the sporting goods section waiting for ammo (unlike the release of video game consoles and video games...what a bunch of crap that is.)

first come first served IMHO.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simply answer: we have customers who frequent my store all the time for handgun ammo.. If I sell all my pistol ammo to one guy then Ive just pissed off many more folks. Also keeps them coming in . why sell it all off especially now when its limited ..
  • Options
    The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My other half works within Wal-mart in a corporate position. She told me that no store anywhere at any time is under corporate guidelines to limit sales quantity of regularly stocked items. This is being done by management of that store and is a breach of policy.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laundry-pro
    My other half works within Wal-mart in a corporate position. She told me that no store anywhere at any time is under corporate guidelines to limit sales quantity of regularly stocked items. This is being done by management of that store and is a breach of policy.
    I would guess that the managers are permited to "breech" policy using there own common sense. Its what makes a good manager.
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper
    wonder why they ever put a limit on it. if I am a retail store and I can sell ALL a product in 10 minutes why would I ever limit cash flow and sell it over 3 days? or even 12 hours? There are not people standing in line or camping in the isles in the sporting goods section waiting for ammo (unlike the release of video game consoles and video games...what a bunch of crap that is.)

first come first served IMHO.

customer relations. with a limit the next ones into buy ammo aren;t ticked off because there isn't any left
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know they limited it here to keep all the retail sporting stores from going to wally world and buying it all up to take back and resale in their stores,Ammo is slowly starting to flow again,I have been seeing shelves getting more and more selection on them,funny thing,even during the very worst of the shortage every wal-mart i went into had 357sig on the shelf,they could not give it away with a sale sticker on it
  • Options
    The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Permitted? No Overlooked sometimes..Yes
  • Options
    swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't been to Wally World in awhile. Was at my local dealer yesterday to buy a gun (I did). His shelves were sagging under the weight of handgun rounds. I bought 2 boxes of 9's just out of habit. There was sure no run going on them while I was there. I'll be there again tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what he has left.
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least you can still find some. The only 9mm ammo I have seen in months is some of that $2.00 a round premium stuff. The gunshow last weekend had no plinker 9mm.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    No 357s in Augusta or 380. maybe a 357sig here and there. I can make a 65 mile loop and hit six wallys. usually nothing. Wed is my loop bay. Yesterday was ZERO. Last week I got 2 boxes of 380s and 357s. Week before a few 22 bricks. Local shops almost bare. Picked up a box of Critical Defense 38s from local gun guy Monday. Said he had called Ellett Brothers and asked for a shipment of ammo. They sent him 8 boxes of 223. 2 boxes of 9mm and i box of 38spcl. I bought that
  • Options
    screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    So now Wally World dosen't want to tick off customers? When did that policy change?
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I give W.M. credit for not raising prices when everyone else did. I picked up some .380 there this morning for the regular price. They had 9mm, .40 and .22lr bulk again, as well as a few others.

I blame the "doomsday, Obama is after us" crowd for all the ammo problems, not W.M. [V]

I've never been treated poorly in a W.M. store. The staff is usually as helpful as possible.

quote:So now Wally World dosen't want to tick off customers? When did that policy change?

IMHO, you have to work at getting "ticked off" when stopping by a store to buy normal household items. It isn't brain surgery and they aren't there to give you a "ego massage". Buy your chips and lip gloss and leave, no need to get angry... it's that simple.
  • Options
    jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wally world we have here in s/w michigan has'nt had any ammo for 6 weeks now. keep getting the same answers "Don't know when" and "I dunno". there are no gun shops within 40 miles of here. I've got some ammo on hand but this is rediculus. I reload, but cases have a life expectancy of 3 times and then I s*#t can them. I've checked GB ammo prices and was shocked at what people are asking and getting for even cheap S*#T wolf .45 and 9mm, OMG!!! since I retired and am no longer in the working world, I get my check every month from uncle sammy, yup fixed income, I'd hafta go back to work full time so I could enjoy a weekend at the shooting range. yeah I know 'supply and demand' but it's now 'supply and price gouge' it has become a sad world we live in.[V][V][V]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    6 per day here too also a change from 3 last week.
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFI
    Simply answer: we have customers who frequent my store all the time for handgun ammo.. If I sell all my pistol ammo to one guy then Ive just pissed off many more folks. Also keeps them coming in . why sell it all off especially now when its limited ..

exactly...I don't even bother to check wal-tard because I know they don't have jack
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not heard of any Wally World getting none, problem is they get it and it is gone instantly, I mean real instantly, one wally I know the night guy has the day guy hold a little for him so he can take care of "his" custmomers, people are in with the guys on the counter get to call ahead adn find out what is on the manifest for the next dayquote:Originally posted by jeffie076
    The wally world we have here in s/w michigan has'nt had any ammo for 6 weeks now. keep getting the same answers "Don't know when" and "I dunno". there are no gun shops within 40 miles of here. I've got some ammo on hand but this is rediculus. I reload, but cases have a life expectancy of 3 times and then I s*#t can them. I've checked GB ammo prices and was shocked at what people are asking and getting for even cheap S*#T wolf .45 and 9mm, OMG!!! since I retired and am no longer in the working world, I get my check every month from uncle sammy, yup fixed income, I'd hafta go back to work full time so I could enjoy a weekend at the shooting range. yeah I know 'supply and demand' but it's now 'supply and price gouge' it has become a sad world we live in.[V][V][V]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!