In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bumpstocks banned

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
In Washington State. Have to dispose of them by 2019. Six Republicans signed onto the bill. They are also planning on raising the age to buy semi auto rifles and shotguns to 21 as well as make the background checks for semi autos more rigorous (how they will do that is unknown). The Washington State Patrol will have a buy back program for the bumpstocks....bet it won?t be even half of what you paid for one.

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll bet dollars to dog turds that Oregone won't be far behind.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And so it begins...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

I fully expect the Federal Government to ban them by fiat with no compensation. Jeff Sessions already said yesterday the AG Office can regulate them.
    https://www.voanews.com/a/jeff-sessions-says-justice-department-can-ban-bump-stocke-with-regulation-/4273269.html
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure Inslee will sign it?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Does a bear poop in the woods? Of course he will....he has said he will and that was reported in an article in the Yakima Herald this morning.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/news_watch/washington-legislature-passes-bump-stock-ban/article_f73156f4-bafc-5591-aeb4-84d55360fec8.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41

Does a bear poop in the woods? Of course he will....he has said he will and that was reported in an article in the Yakima Herald this morning.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/news_watch/washington-legislature-passes-bump-stock-ban/article_f73156f4-bafc-5591-aeb4-84d55360fec8.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

[:p]

Brad Steele
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Surprised they are having a buy back.

Better to have a buyback to the riot
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    Kinda makes me wish I had a bump stock just to piss in their cheerios. Maybe next time I hit the range, I'll employ a beltloop or two.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sadly this won?t be the end of this, especially since the Democrats hold a majority in the entire State Legislature and Governor?s Office.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a hellfire gen 2. I don't even want the damn thing but it's the principle of it. F 'em.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So next will they ban belt loops, rubber bands & fingers?[xx(]
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They won't need to they are going to Ban the AR quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    They won't need to they are going to Ban the AR quote:Originally posted by ruger41

Hate to say it but that?s a possibility...won?t take much if you get enough spineless politicians in office. Here in Washington State I can see them doing that next and nothing will stop them. Nothing stopped them in NY, CA, CT from putting massive restrictions. That tree is getting awfully dried out.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ZZR7nsC.jpg
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    44mutley44mutley Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    trump said today he will use executive order to ban bump stocks very soon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 44mutley
    trump said today he will use executive order to ban bump stocks very soon

Tyrant
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Surprised they are having a buy back.

They'll be using the "pot tax" no thang like a chicken wing. After all it's not like it's real money they'll miss. It's a renewable tax.

Be funny as hell if they give you a choice between a Target card and lid of weed (don't know the exchange rate [:D]).

Also I would've thought California would've been first to do this. It seems California's sleeping at the wheel and getting done lapped. Maybe they'll do one of those moves that'll make the rest of the states say "DA...MN!!!".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone in WA heard the Spokane Co. Sheriff's take on it? Has he said anything? With the law that came down prohibiting private sales, he's said he's looking the other way and won't enforce.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel so much safer,,, with The Donald, Sessions and Inslee on the job!
    Sadly, the NRA will probably swoop in (like they have in previous cases in WA) and frighten the legislature into submission.
    Failing that, the WA attorney genital will certainly declare such a ban unconstitutional.
    Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    Sparty_76Sparty_76 Member Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would anyone need an automatic weapon, which is an AR-15 with a bump stock? The guy in Las Vegas killed what 58 people, before they even knew for sure where he was?

You do not start to compromise in reasonable gun laws you are really going to get something you really hate! If not know someday! The wall is starting to crack. Your President is already helping to crack it!

Your President says, "I am going to take care of bump stocks!" I do not think he is talking about any buy back!

The Idiot is darn sure not my President!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never thought there could be anyone worse than GW Bush! But I would take him back in a heartbeat over this clown you elected by a MINORITY of you. He won by 100,000 in three states and lost the General election by 3,000,000. Little fraud has been found, "collusion" well the jury is still out on that one! Not looking good for the IDIOT, and only getting worse!
    You know what is so frustrating, he could end it all today! Just release his taxes! He will be thrown out of office next week, but it would end!
  • Options
    edited November -1

If your President is true to his words, "Don't worry I am going to take care of Bump Stocks!" But you never know with him!

He never mentioned a word about "By Back!" You voted for him, I did not!

You can not be sure with Trump, but I am not sure you need worry about just Oregon and Washington.
  • Options
    capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
    edited November -1
    Can you imagine what would be going on in the gun control conversation if Hillary was president? I will take Trump.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tfitz54
    Why would anyone need an automatic weapon, which is an AR-15 with a bump stock? The guy in Las Vegas killed what 58 people, before they even knew for sure where he was?

You do not start to compromise in reasonable gun laws you are really going to get something you really hate! If not know someday! The wall is starting to crack. Your President is already helping to crack it!

Your President says, "I am going to take care of bump stocks!" I do not think he is talking about any buy back!

If you really don't know what an automatic weapon is, you likely shouldn't comment on them.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its all in the art of the deal. Something Trump has success in. The Pres will work out the best of this situation
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like I said before I have no use for one but if you want one have at it.

I don't think banning something that has been so widely sold is the way to go about it.

I wounder what the USgov will do about the triggers that fire both ways and make a much better option than a "Bump" stock.

What about people who can bump fire an AR or and AK w/o a bump stock? Will this be made illegal?
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1

First of all, a semi-auto with a bump stock is no more a fully automatic weapon than your pea brain. Second of all, it's not called the bill of needs. So you have no possible point, with your pointlessness.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The second amendment does not say everyone has a right to own and use a bump stock.

The second amendment does not say everyone has a right to use their gun to kill school children.

All gun owners, non gun owners, NRA, GOA, etc. have done very little to keep guns out of the hands of people who are not competent to own a gun.

We've had 18 years since Columbine. Time to pay the piper and survive with the 2nd Amendment intact.
  • Options
    edited November -1

In this case, it is possible the bump-stock saved lives. There were bullets going into tank farm across the way from the concert venue, which would have required an elevation of the rifle of what, 10? above where it needed to be to hit the crowd?

How many would have died had he used a standard AR and just rapidly pulled the trigger while maintain proper muzzle control?

Could have been 100s rather than 58.

Trump, like most emotion-driven big government types is latching onto bumper-sticker solutions to a problem that while it obviously exists is a fairly minor contributor to death in this country. Depending upon what stats you see, there have been around 1,070 Americans killed in 'Mass Shootings' since 1966. That is roughly 20 per year.

Population adjusted, the number of firearms deaths per year is going down, and even the number of 'mass shooting' deaths per year is not increasing significantly.

Why now, then, are we to say that it is the time to end this.

Why now, then are we to say that it is the time to finally cave on the second of two liberties our founders put into place to ensure that the people of this country have the tools to resist tyranny from within?

Why now?

Because emotion is more important than policy. There is a good reason that Congress did not rush into gun control after Sandy Hook. Emotion driven politics kills freedom. It happened after the attacks of 11 September, 2001, and it appears that emotion will drive another stake in freedom's heart following this Florida shooting.

There are no doubt many Constitutional policies that will help. Pre-emptive seizure outside of due process, banning a gimmick like bump-stocks, and disenfranchising millions of American citizens who are under the age of 21 are not Constitutional, nor will they help.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    The second amendment does not say everyone has a right to own and use a bump stock.

The second amendment does not say everyone has a right to use their gun to kill school children.

All gun owners, non gun owners, NRA, GOA, etc. have done very little to keep guns out of the hands of people who are not competent to own a gun.

We've had 18 years since Columbine. Time to pay the piper and survive with the 2nd Amendment intact.

So arms that have accessories are not protected by 2A? You sure about that? No one should be deprived their constitutional rights without due process. There is risk inherent in all 10 of the BOR that they will be abused. Now, if you're some special Nostradamus that can precog your way into people's future actions, then maybe I'll allow you to preemptively deprive someone of their rights. Until then, buckle up!
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

In this case, it is possible the bump-stock saved lives. There were bullets going into tank farm across the way from the concert venue, which would have required an elevation of the rifle of what, 10? above where it needed to be to hit the crowd?

How many would have died had he used a standard AR and just rapidly pulled the trigger while maintain proper muzzle control?

Trump, like most emotion-driven big government types is latching onto bumper-sticker solutions to a problem that while it obviously exists is a fairly minor contributor to death in this country. Depending upon what stats you see, there have been around 1,070 Americans killed in 'Mass Shootings' since 1966. That is roughly 20 per year.

Population adjusted, the number of firearms deaths per year is going down, and even the number of 'mass shooting' deaths per year is not increasing significantly.

Why now, then are we to say that it is the time to finally cave on the second of two liberties our founders put into place to ensure that the people of this country have the tools to resist tyranny from within?

Why now?

Because emotion is more important than policy. There is a good reason that Congress did not rush into gun control after Sandy Hook. Emotion driven politics kills freedom. It happened after the attacks of 11 September, 2001, and it appears that emotion will drive another stake in freedom's heart following this Florida shooting.

There are no doubt many Constitutional policies that will help. Pre-emptive seizure outside of due process, banning a gimmick like bump-stocks, and disenfranchising millions of American citizens who are under the age of 21 are not Constitutional, nor will they help

Trump has latched onto something as a "bone" to throw the liberals. Trump knows what he doing and my guess, he's hoping it works. Trump is FAR from emotional driven.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Why now?

There are no doubt many Constitutional policies that will help. Pre-emptive seizure outside of due process, banning a gimmick like bump-stocks, and disenfranchising millions of American citizens who are under the age of 21 are not Constitutional, nor will they help

Trump has latched onto something as a "bone" to throw the liberals. Trump knows what he doing and my guess, he's hoping it works. Trump is FAR from emotional driven.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/trump-moved-strike-syria-disturbing-images-white-house/story?id=46660978

When a man states he was moved to action because of disturbing images, he is emotion driven.

I would tend to agree that he knows what he is doing, though, and it appears he is throwing the Constitution under the bus.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

We've had 18 years since Columbine.

The issue of weak schools that allowed this should have been fixed in 2000. We had 8 years of Bush and 8 years of Obama to secure the schools. After Columbine it was not made a priority. Even after Sandy Hook it was not made a priority! Obama pursued anti-gun bills and when that failed, that was it! Nothing more can be done. No discussion, no funding , no action.

Even though, they did nothing for 16 years on this, every law was in place to prevent this Parkland shooting and it still took place. So the solution now is to attempt another crack down on guns in various ways.
    In Illinois yesterday, the house passed a bump stock ban, minimum age of 21 AND brand new dealer licensing for all gun dealers (state licensing on top of FFL) not to exceed $1,000 for 5 year license, and requires video surveillance at every gun shop. If the IL senate passes these and the not-so gun friendly republican governor signs, these could be law in IL very soon.

When do we get to the part where we're introducing a way to provide real security at schools to actually make them safe? Nearly two decades after Columbine. Still waiting.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do we have the right to own a Abrams battle tank or a F35 fighter plane? Where is the line or is there one? There are radicals on both sides of the argument. Full auto is not even very good in combat most of the time.
    As far as making schools safe goes I don't think any gun laws will help that. We have a moral problem in America today. God has been expelled. Whole families are becoming extinct. Marriage is becoming obsolete. Hollywood is filthy and teaches murder. Videos train killers.
    Schools shooting are just a symptom of the underlying disease. I will take 50 years to change if ever because we have one political party in favor of it all. It helps their agenda. Trump wants to change that but the swamp is deep and wide.
    Some here run down Trump professing themselves to be wise. They have no answer themselves but criticize everybody Else's. Talk and insults are nothing but cheap beer joint replies. If Trump is not supported it will be somebody like Hillary next time around. Maybe shifty from California would be a better choice, you think??
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Do we have the right to own a Abrams battle tank or a F35 fighter plane? Where is the line or is there one? There are radicals on both sides of the argument. Full auto is not even very good in combat most of the time.
    As far as making schools safe goes I don't think any gun laws will help that. We have a moral problem in America today. God has been expelled. Whole families are becoming extinct. Marriage is becoming obsolete. Hollywood is filthy and teaches murder. Videos train killers.
    Schools shooting are just a symptom of the underlying disease. I will take 50 years to change if ever because we have one political party in favor of it all. It helps their agenda. Trump wants to change that but the swamp is deep and wide.
    Some here run down Trump professing themselves to be wise. They have no answer themselves but criticize everybody Else's. Talk and insults are nothing but cheap beer joint replies. If Trump is not supported it will be somebody like Hillary next time around. Maybe shifty from California would be a better choice, you think??

People really DO have M1 Abrams tanks in their possession, as well as A-10s, P-51s, A4s, mortars, howitzers, cannon, mines , grenades, machine guns & APCs; how many times have these items been used in "mass shootings" in the past?
    I'll tell you: ZERO.
    Mere possession of these tools is not prima facia evidence of a future crime, anymore than ignorance of current law makes you a Dimowit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

So arms that have accessories are not protected by 2A? You sure about that? No one should be deprived their constitutional rights without due process. There is risk inherent in all 10 of the BOR that they will be abused. Now, if you're some special Nostradamus that can precog your way into people's future actions, then maybe I'll allow you to preemptively deprive someone of their rights. Until then, buckle up!
    Can't wait to see who will file a constitutional challenge, follow it through and win.
  • Options
    44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How is law enforcement going to control any new guns laws that the lousy dumocrats may get through when the have no handle at all on drug enforcement? Remember who introduced and voted for new gun laws at the election polls coming up.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sparty_76

I think you need a few more exclamation points. That will make your logic seem better.

Not your president? Who is? Putin? Get the H out of my country then.

"Why would anyone need an automatic weapon?" Who are you to decide what we "need"? No one NEEDS alcohol, or cigarettes. Nor expensive cuts of meat, nor designer clothes, nor even a sports car. Should we ban those?

What are you, a liberal snowflake? "NOT MY PRESIDENT"...WAAAAAAAAH.

Sheesh.

[xx(]
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunnut505
    "People really DO have M1 Abrams tanks in their possession, as well as A-10s, P-51s, A4s, mortars, howitzers, cannon, mines , grenades, machine guns & APCs; how many times have these items been used in "mass shootings" in the past?
    I'll tell you: ZERO.1"

I don't believe you. Name an individual who owns a Abrams tank.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1

No Oregon will have to one up Washington. Ban AR no Grandfathering and no Buy Back.