In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FT Worth cops shoot/kill grandfather

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Remember, these highly trained cops can carry a gun anywhere in the country...unlike the unwashed masses.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/28/police-shoot-kill-grandfather-while-responding-to-burglary-call/

Comments

• Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    radio said this morning he was standing in his garage and the alarm was sounding at a house next door or across the street.

Either way, right or wrong, he would be alive if he had just dropped the gun when 5-0 rolled up. I don't like the idea either, but being above ground is a much better than being right.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    radio said this morning he was standing in his garage and the alarm was sounding at a house next door or across the street.

Either way, right or wrong, he would be alive if he had just dropped the gun when 5-0 rolled up. I don't like the idea either, but being above ground is a much better than being right.

the same feelings had it been you grandfather too i assume

I mean what would be the difference...so now you get killed holding a gun and not pointing it if that is the case....you would tell your grandma well grandpa should have dropped the gun its his fault hes dead
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There you go defying logic with fault. Not saying the cops were right. They screwed the Pooch no doubt. However knowing an alarm is going off and standing around holding a gun knowing 2 cops, one of which is most likely a rookie are going to roll up and between the 2 of them they might have an avg iq of 12 just seems dumb to me.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burglary alarm.. man with gun when Officers arrive. 1+1 = he could be the bad guy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Burglary alarm.. man with gun when Officers arrive. 1+1 = he could be the bad guy.

Yup
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m1aguy
    Remember, these highly trained cops can carry a gun anywhere in the country...unlike the unwashed masses.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/28/police-shoot-kill-grandfather-while-responding-to-burglary-call/
    "unwashed *?". Speaking from personal experience?
  • Options
    wareyorewareyore Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As an average middle aged, middle class, gun owning male living in an average middle class neighborhood, I believe I am twice as likely to be shot by police than by a criminal. Period.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wareyore
    As an average middle aged, middle class, gun owning male living in an average middle class neighborhood, I believe I am twice as likely to be shot by police than by a criminal. Period.

Better find a lower class neighborhood to even out the odds. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    wareyorewareyore Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's actually food for thought.

If I found the right neighborhood I could shoot back . . . [:D]
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    The reason the two police officers were "sobbing uncontrollably and were distraught"?

I'm guessing it's because they know that manslaughter is going to be a likely conviction.
    And that's the optimistic part on the criminal side.
    Civil suits will ensure their children don't have cash for college. Wives won't own their own homes. Bankruptcy and despair.

It's going to suck all the way around. [xx(][:(!]
  • Options
    capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
    edited November -1
    Bet you are wrong. My guess is the shooter will say the victim pointed a gun at him, he feared for his life, and he shot in self defense. With no witness saying differently, the shooting will be ruled justified. The Officer will be back at work, and will receive tremendous peer support. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, just saying that is probably how it will play out.