In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stop posting links for the love of GOD!

scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
Is it unreasonable to want to see straight opinions and not links to some youtube video or news story? I am pretty sure if we found our way to Gunbroker, we don't need your digression from reading all the true rants and raves.

Post a link and nothing else? Wasteful! No more curiosity got the cat for me. Merely presenting something shows not where you stand on anything. For all I know, you could like, love, or hate the link or story you put up. Why waste people's time when there is so much other debate-worthy (albeit sad sometimes, and ok, trivial, and merely cosmically bad and loathing capable if you will, but I digress myself!).

Stop the oatmeal and RANT already! Or RAVE if you want. Hell, be ac/dc and do both.

Just STOP (Hammertime!) with the f$cking www.youtube.com \\ myspace // newblog https: threadbleensRUS.

Opinions are like jerks, everybody's got one and they're like armpits, too... they all smell.

But at least it shows you have enough gumption to pick a side of the fence and not go the lazy * annoying route to get attention. If I wanted a newscast I'd go find one. We're inundated by them everyday in some capacity, so we don't need your helpful ambiguous nonsense.

Preesh!

~anonymous craigslist posting

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here we go again![:D]
    Feel the love.[:o)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AMEN; I second the motion if I were 12 I probably would be thrilled with youtube, I would very much like to have a conversation, even in print.
    Your opinions are what I enjoy, wheather I agree with them or not.
    A little banter, give and take. screw youtube
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Rick - With this post you are just as much pissing into the wind as the people that * about sig lines.

I agree with you, but as you may have figured out, there is very little self discipline among the vast majority of the membership.

This of course, excludes those of us who posted here.

Doug

* edited for spelling
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People with high speed internet forget that links are useless to dial up users. If they would be kind enough to put a (V) or (L) in the title we could avoid wasting time opening it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Forgive my iggerence, but what would the (V) or (L) indicate ??

Doug
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Forgive my iggerence, but what would the (V) or (L) indicate ??

Doug

Ain't that ignerince?
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry - sometimes I * it rong.

Doug
  • Options
    MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    This was a perfect opportunity to have a thread of nothing but links, but you guys have to go and ruin a perfectly good joke.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    give up new guy...ive been beating this one for 8 years.....people just lack uniqueness and tend to follow trends, not make them. no one has anything to talk about except to repeat what someones already said. its the new america! i even tried to offer gb to make a spam room.....ask zipper zap about it![:D]
    never happened!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scrumpyjack sir, I wanted to ask you if you mind if we still post these moving pictures? If not just say the word sir and I'll delete it.

This one is entitled "I want it my way dammit!"
    animatedbaby.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrOrange
    This was a perfect opportunity to have a thread of nothing but links, but you guys have to go and ruin a perfectly good joke.

I tend to be a "bummer"!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gosh just sitting in my office cleaning my guns watching Dallas getting cleaned by the Redskins, going thru all the post on this board including the links .you know just relaxing on a Sunday. Only to find out that I along with some others have pee O'd someone. First my apologies and second If this is irritating you and frustrating you maybe you should take a break. That is my opinion and advice at this time. As a matter of fact I'm fairly sure I have been on here way to long myself. Take it easy and have a good night.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=279885

stole my ideal
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=279885

stole my ideal

[:D][:D]
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Well...we know where Grumpy is...anyone know where the other six dwarfs got to?
    Ah, here they are
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKecR3arrnQ
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I know, Bob. I've seen it come up in the past. If they were only to turn on the "ignore" feature with this BBS. Certain members' posts consist of nothing but links to garbage. In my haste I click on their threads because, "maybe they have something to say", much to my disdain.

MrOrange...I'm sure if ZipZap, Mateo, etc were online, there would be 100 replies of nothing but links and I would expect nothing less. I like the banter and the ballbusting and a good argument.

Doug...while I am not a country/western person, I had quite a good time years ago in the honky tonks of New Mexico asking the women to "teach me the two-step". Have fun [;)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    HMM! I thought the rule was if you had a story not of your making to post you Had to make your own comment and then post a "LINK" to the story..[:0]
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    give up new guy...ive been beating this one for 2 years.....people just lack uniqueness and tend to follow trends, not make them. no one has anything to talk about so they whine about what someones already said. its the new america! i even tried to offer gb to make a whiners room..... !
    never happened!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Doug...while I am not a country/western person, I had quite a good time years ago in the honky tonks of New Mexico asking the women to "teach me the two-step". Have fun"
    -scrumpyjack

Once again my intellect is dwarfed.

What a great idea !!

Thank you.

Doug
  • Options
    prangleprangle Member Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link!!!!

quote:Originally posted by scrumpyjack
    Is it unreasonable to want to see straight opinions and not links to some youtube video or news story? I am pretty sure if we found our way to Gunbroker, we don't need your digression from reading all the true rants and raves.

Post a link and nothing else? Wasteful! No more curiosity got the cat for me. Merely presenting something shows not where you stand on anything. For all I know, you could like, love, or hate the link or story you put up. Why waste people's time when there is so much other debate-worthy (albeit sad sometimes, and ok, trivial, and merely cosmically bad and loathing capable if you will, but I digress myself!).

Stop the oatmeal and RANT already! Or RAVE if you want. Hell, be ac/dc and do both.

Just STOP (Hammertime!) with the f$cking www.youtube.com \\ myspace // newblog https: threadbleensRUS.

Opinions are like jerks, everybody's got one and they're like armpits, too... they all smell.

But at least it shows you have enough gumption to pick a side of the fence and not go the lazy * annoying route to get attention. If I wanted a newscast I'd go find one. We're inundated by them everyday in some capacity, so we don't need your helpful ambiguous nonsense.

Preesh!

• Options
    0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Who was the guy that used to do all the c/p's here? Can't recall his name, but people would get on his case too about all of them. I figure if you don't like it, don't read it or click on the link. What's the big deal??
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Preesh!

Amen.
    Ditto.
    +Another.
    You are correct.
  • Options
    needmygunsneedmyguns Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 0341USMC
    BouncingBalls.gif

THAT MONKEY HAS BALLS[:0][:0][:0]BIG
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1

Preesh!

Hey, that's YOUR opinion....

You really should make a videoclip of yourself, stating all that - and post it here....

[:D]
  • Options
    phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, this is my 613th post and I always thought I could not start complaining until I got to 1000, but look out when I get there. [;)]
    DSM
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had to start early....the wife made the corned beef and cabbage early and now I have a bad gas pocket![:D]
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obviously, you realize by now you are whizzing into the wind.[:0]

It's really pretty simple, articulating an idea, opinion, or a concept requires thinking, a vocabulary, and the ability to construct words from within that vocabulary into intelligent sentences that convey meaning. Those folks that are capable of espousing ideas do so by typing out words in a post; those that do not possess the ability post links to a teenager somewhere on the internet that can![:D][:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Sorry Scumpack ..... I'll be more careful in the future.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow...you finally come on here and that's how it's going to be[?]

You weren't included in the "chronic" category, you were mentioned in the light-hearted, ball busting member category. I actually enjoy alot of your posts, especially the historical recounts and your family's involvement. Keep up the good work![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    P.S. Zip...where's your link??
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    LOL ........ thanks!

My by the ton of link days are over!

Here's one ... just for the memories!

(I've had to condense some for efficiency)

http://randysweb.com/weird/

.... there, THAT, ought to do it!

Kinda a 'serve yourself' link site!
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's next?