In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Drive by muffler?

WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
This was a first today. A property management company asked me to go to the bad side of town to look at fixing some steps and a crawl space door. People every where wondering around and two old men up on the front porch. I looked at the two problem areas ( on the house) and they wanted to ask me a few questions so while talking a truck came down the road and all of a sudden boom boom boom and smoke was every where and I was ducked behind the porch trying to figure out if I was the one being shot at while these two 80 yr old men are laughing. They told me apparently now kids are putting ammo in mufflers for fun. Beware. I was ready to return fire if need be but this is ridiculous.

Comments

• reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On some vehicles of ya switch the ignition off while driving and then turn it back on it will create a backfire....that would be my guess.
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [B)] take a clean pair of shorts with you next time you go there[:(][:D][:D]
  • WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The vehicle was running the whole time. It was gun fire and confirmed by the locals as being a regular occurrence. I had to price the job to have someone stay with my truck the entire time we are working there which sucks but better safe than sorry.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WCI
    The vehicle was running the whole time. It was gun fire and confirmed by the locals as being a regular occurrence. I had to price the job to have someone stay with my truck the entire time we are working there which sucks but better safe than sorry.
    So did the locals explain the "techical side" of how this is done?...just wondering how a muffler can light off several rounds.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the cat coverter gets hot enough to pop a round
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    the cat coverter gets hot enough to pop a round
    I would agree but the cat is not the muffler.