In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is the 22 ammo situation getting any better?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Is anyone seeing a steady supply in stores? I am not. Still unavailable.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my area if your willing to hunt for it you will score.
    I just picked up another brick of CCI standard velocity.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Only at Bi-Mart and the Tannerite Sporting goods store.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not that I have seen, but I can't find white box .45 either.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .gov is still buying all of it

[8D]
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not here.
    Been checking the small gun shops and big box stores weekly. They all tell me the same thing- very small quantities coming if any at all and it is bought up before it makes the shelf.
    My son works for Walmart and he can't get any.

I was able to order a box of 100 rounds off Cabelas website and pick them up at the store to save on shipping. Since then 22 lr has not appeared on Cabelas website again.

There is still high priced stuff a person can order online but it is double what it should cost and shipping makes it worse.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Not better here. Even when they get "large" quantities, it isn't enough to meet demand.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found that the smaller gun shops have .22 but they are charging a lot for it. In my area if a retailer sells .22 at regular price someone comes in, buys it all and then sells it on-line locally for a lot more. The small gun shops have taken out the middleman by charging high prices for it. Because of the high prices it stays on the shelf for awhile. During the panic I traded a AR-15 barrel for a Beretta 21A pistol. While I have thousands of cheap plinking 22 ammo the Beretta will only function (im told) with CCI stingers or Mini-mags. I hate to admit it but I paid 7.95 for a box of Stingers (50) and 14.95 for a box (100) of Mini-mags to testfire the pistol.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,083 ******
    edited November -1
    Still none here,,,[V][V][V]
  • Options
    airbornerizzairbornerizz Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of government buying it all... had a guy at work try and tell me the reason 22 is hard to find, is because the army bought it all. Yep, apparently we're going from the 5.56mm to the .22... I just laughed
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    Still none here,,,[V][V][V]

+1
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Had some squirrel in my store the other day going on and on about how muh 22 ammo he got from Wal Mart. This squirel hasn't fired a gun that I know of, as long as I've known him. Just getting in on the game.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO...... Thank god I squirreled away about ten bricks[;)][:)]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,083 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm down to 6500rnds.,,[:(][:(][V][V]
  • Options
    oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    In my area if your willing to hunt for it you will score.
    I just picked up another brick of CCI standard velocity.

I've never been able to find CCI Standard Velocity locally, even before this current B S.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No ammo here at all but shotgun,the Manager told me a crown gather in every morning waiting to see if they put out ammo. They have now set a 2 box limit per person, but they have half their family with them so buy it all up.[:(!]
  • Options
    Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got 15,000 rounds. Ordered back in February.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steve45
    I found that the smaller gun shops have .22 but they are charging a lot for it. In my area if a retailer sells .22 at regular price someone comes in, buys it all and then sells it on-line locally for a lot more. The small gun shops have taken out the middleman by charging high prices for it. Because of the high prices it stays on the shelf for awhile. During the panic I traded a AR-15 barrel for a Beretta 21A pistol. While I have thousands of cheap plinking 22 ammo the Beretta will only function (im told) with CCI stingers or Mini-mags. I hate to admit it but I paid 7.95 for a box of Stingers (50) and 14.95 for a box (100) of Mini-mags to testfire the pistol.

My 21A shoots like a house on fire with Blazer 22lr ammo. For serious work I load it with CCI velociters.

I have not seen reasonable 22lr prices anywhere. The online places are even starting to charge more.
    RLTW

• Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Sam06, I'll try the Blazer if I run into some. Ive tried American Eagle, Winchester Wildcat, and Federal bulk and it wont function with any of those. Before someone says it it came with 3 factory magazines and they all function about the same. I saw this video on youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TWhULZ27Mk and hope mine functions on better ammo.quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote:Originally posted by steve45

My 21A shoots like a house on fire with Blazer 22lr ammo. For serious work I load it with CCI velociters.

I have not seen reasonable 22lr prices anywhere. The online places are even starting to charge more.
  • Options
    pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Local sporting goods store has all you can carry Blazer and Remington for $45 a brick [:(!]
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    I live close to Midway USA. They still cannot get 22 ammo. If the ammo makers can't supply an outfit this big I don't see any relief.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, but Gander Mountain Gun World here had plenty of CCI Stinger .22LR ammo at $49 for 500 rounds.
  • Options
    deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can get anything i need now just going to a few LGS. the big box stores have nothing on the shelves after the first day.
  • Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got three 555 round boxes at Walmart yesterday as they were bringing it out. Clerk said it would not last the day, as he already had 15 people as earlier if he had any 22 LR.

First time I've seen it at Walmart in Billings since December last year.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems to be returning to the big guys here in the DFW area.

Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc have had at least some the last couple visits I made.

9mm is recovering faster and .223 seems to be out there along with lots of black rifles.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    No, but Gander Mountain Gun World here had plenty of CCI Stinger .22LR ammo at $49 for 500 rounds.

That is a good price for Stingers.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Just got Buggered by only place I could find Aguila .22Lr 40-grain Subsonics: $60.00/500-I bought Two, both shipped for total $12.00. Found it at WikiAmmo.com, which directed me to 9mm Ammo.com...
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not here, but I am seeing more 40 S&W and 45 acp's lately at the Walmart!
  • Options
    goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ain't seen a brick or 525 pack since last November.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    How Did they Ship So Cheap???
    Woodyquote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Just got Buggered by only place I could find Aguila .22Lr 40-grain Subsonics: $60.00/500-I bought Two, both shipped for total $12.00. Found it at WikiAmmo.com, which directed me to 9mm Ammo.com...
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Wal-Mart has Zip here. But stopped at the Barons Den and they seemed to have a bunch. Some 22 but not as much as Bi-Mart.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been to one store that had any 22s in the last 7 or 8 months.6 bucks a box of 50 Federals.Im old and cant make myself those prices.Yet.
  • Options
    jlsinkjlsink Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not really a problem here in nc ,where im at any way,sometimes 3000 a week at local walmart,also 9mm 45,at great no gouge prices
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rhythm_guyrhythm_guy Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None here. I bought the last 22lr I saw in a store last Fall. Son got some at Academy - 1 box limit, 40 rounds for 2.99.