In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

oil prices rising...

KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I guess Goldman-SUCKS is putting our TARP money to "good use" in the futures market again [:(]

Comments

• TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama going green while we go broke from fuel prices, no drill,no nuke and spend billions on unproven green. Pure BS
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr
    Obama going green while we go broke from fuel prices, no drill,no nuke and spend billions on unproven green. Pure BS

Keep rising!! I wantg $150 a bbl again...the sooner the better.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just bought five Toyota Prius to put on the lot. Sounds like perfect timing.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,298 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

+1
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid

+1

why? do you want to drive a gay hybrid?
    anothher jump like that will be a nail in the coffin to the resurrection of muscle cars [:(!]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And people can't figure why the economy is in the toilet. Consumer spending accounts for 2/3 of the economy they say. Well not if 2/3 of our $$$ is going to the oil producing countries.

But I guess some will still say it's Bushs' fault.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    U can build a HHO gas gen. out of a Mayo. jar, for $25. and save 50% on your gas, in about an hr.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid

+1

why? do you want to drive a gay hybrid?
    anothher jump like that will be a nail in the coffin to the resurrection of muscle cars [:(!]

Let me give you a little lesson on oil. There are 42 gallons of oil in a Bbl. After it is refined, we end up with 44 gallons of finished product. That is due to the change in density during the refining process.

Out of those 44 gallons of refined product, 19 1/2 gallons are used for motor fuel (over half is for the airline industry), 10 gallons are distulates. The rest is used in making products. The majority of that is plastics, and the majority of that is for the automobile industry.

That means that people buying futures contracts are betting on a robust economy.
    edited November -1
    the high oil prices last year are what finished off the economy...
    if people are suddenly paying twice as much for fuel and heat that's so much less money to spend on goods and services
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    well i tell you what if you think $150 barrel is a good thing , you'd better get ready for the welfare lines
    edited November -1

Wrong. Government monetary policy and the anticipation of who would win the election, was what put the bullet in the horse, coupled with the idiot real estate speculators. Remember back in 99? The tech market bubble?
    edited November -1

Wrong. Government monetary policy and the anticipation of who would win the election, was what put the bullet in the horse, coupled with the idiot real estate speculators. Remember back in 99? The tech market bubble?

so the fact that consumer spending went to hell in a bucket when fuel prices went beyond ridiculous had no effect whatsoever???
    yeah right
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Let me give you a little lesson on oil. There are 42 gallons of oil in a Bbl. After it is refined, we end up with 44 gallons of finished product. That is due to the change in density during the refining process.

Out of those 44 gallons of refined product, 19 1/2 gallons are used for motor fuel (over half is for the airline industry), 10 gallons are distulates. The rest is used in making products. The majority of that is plastics, and the majority of that is for the automobile industry.

That means that people buying futures contracts are betting on a robust economy.

How in the heck did you come up with that theory?! And why did you stop there? We might as well keep going with it.

Beacause of the high gas prices people then stop driving. They drive to work and do very little extra driving. They become hermits, rarely shopping or eating out. Retail stores and food chains are really struggling. They begin laying off many of their employees, etc., etc.

High oil prices are not good. If you think they are good, then why was the economy so good well oil and gas prices were very afforadable?

Jon
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That was icing on the cake 86, or vice versa.
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    I guess Goldman-SUCKS is putting our TARP money to "good use" in the futures market again [:(]

Oil prices actually declined today.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oil-falls-despite-drop-in-US-apf-15233330.html?.v=21

Goldman-Sachs has little to do with the price of commodities.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jon0322
    quote:Let me give you a little lesson on oil. There are 42 gallons of oil in a Bbl. After it is refined, we end up with 44 gallons of finished product. That is due to the change in density during the refining process.

How in the heck did you come up with that theory?! And why did you stop there? We might as well keep going with it.

Beacause of the high gas prices people then stop driving. They drive to work and do very little extra driving. They become hermits, rarely shopping or eating out. Retail stores and food chains are really struggling. They begin laying off many of their employees, etc., etc.

High oil prices are not good. If you think they are good, then why was the economy so good well oil and gas prices were very afforadable?

Jon

And you wonder why we are in the situation we are in. Years of not teaching economics and a dumbed down public educational system are starting to show in the general populace.

High oil prices mean many more jobs, and GREAT paying jobs in the US. When oil is low, the drilling and exploration completly stop. We went from 18 rigs to 1 in the last 6 months. We went from 3% unemployemnt to 11% in the last 6 months.

Low oil prices affect, not only Texas, but the steel producers back east, and places like Ohio that had a decent oil and gas industry. With low prices there is no incentive to dril and make America less reliant on foreign oil.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    ALWAYS GOES UP THS TIME OF YEAR AROUND HERE,

getting ready for the summer rush i guess[:(]