In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dallas area members

Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Friday I was in Dallas visiting the King Tut exhibit and the sixth floor museum. I left around 5 pm and it took me an hour and a half just to get out of the city. Is this normal, and if so, how do you guys do it everyday?

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oklahoma223
    Friday I was in Dallas visiting the King Tut exhibit and the sixth floor museum. I left around 5 pm and it took me an hour and a half just to get out of the city. Is this normal, and if so, how do you guys do it everyday?

I do it by not going there during rush hour(s)...
  • Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know, it was stupid of me to leave at 5. Have you ever eaten at The Butcher Shop downtown? It was awesome.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oklahoma223
    I know, it was stupid of me to leave at 5. Have you ever eaten at The Butcher Shop downtown? It was awesome.

No I haven't, but I'll look for it...

Yeah, driving after 3 and before 7 is not something I do on a weekday in Big D...
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    Easy:

1st- stay off any major road that starts with an I, especially I-35
    2nd- stay off the road unless it is after 10pm and before 4am
    3rd- stay out of Dallas at all costs, Fort Worth traffic is much better [:D][:D] and the people in general seem a lot nicer [8D]

Hope you enjoyed your visit though; ya'll come back ya hear [:o)]

b
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's those damned U-turn lanes on the highway that confused me!
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stay off of these roads if at all possible between 4 and 6 in the afternoon. I-35, I-30, Hwy 75, 635, 183, Loop 12, 114. luckily one of my first jobs when I moved back to DFW was a courier service so I know the ins and outs of all the side roads pretty darn well.
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You think that was bad, do that same thing, at that hour, with pouring down rain....... OMG, you can count on doubling the travel time around DFW
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I avoid Dallas like the plague, which is a reasonable comparison.

AT
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in Dallas 5 days a week since I was 16.

I don't live here, but work here for the money.

Pay is good, so I put up with the traffic.
    It does suck mucho.
  • Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan to come back. I wouldn't mind going to some Cowboys games, and I could go to the dealey plaza everyday and not get sick of it. Next time I'm down there, maybe Mateo and I could go see the Lee Harvey Oswald Band.[:)] I hear they rock the house.

oswaldband.jpg