In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Taste Treat Discovery

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
In the Summertime, I go through a lot of canned sardines and such as I snack light and often.
A box of Club Crackers and a little tin of something fills me up.

Going through Wally World, I make it a point NOT to get any seafood from China and it really sucks because all the smoked oysters are now from there. I don't buy them anymore, I just go out to dinner for Gulf oysters.

Anyway I got my stuffed calamari, the herring in mustard and oil, the lobster p?t?, a couple of different sardines, and I found smoked trout from Germany!
I'd never seen this for sale before.
Filets in canola oil packaged by Bumble Bee. I tried them tonight by pouring out the canola oil and adding London Pub malt vinegar.

A slice of trout on a cracker was absolutely heaven. The taste was delicate as trout always is with no aftertaste.

Anyone else tried this? I don't know how long it's been on the market, but I'm getting a dozen tins next shopping day.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
    Ohhh man,[:p][:p][:p][:p]
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a Navy guy, you have a pretty good palate, my friend.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

I don't know how long it's been on the market, but I'm getting a dozen tins next shopping day.
    Don't wait, hurry back.......it seems every time I find something I like the stores stop carrying it [:(]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was curious if this was a new product and it appears it's only new to my Wal-Mart in Bay Minette.
    This woman tried it two years ago. She's using regular saltines it appears and didn't dump the oil.
    It's also in a newer style box now.
    [:p]

https://youtu.be/rXIdf7sKwmg

Rocky, I just love good food and I love to cook.

When I flew on deployment, we'd be out for 14 hours. We had electric skillets on the plane and would get unprepareds from the galley, steaks, ham, whatever they had, and cook it inflight. One of the flight engineers and I usually did all the cooking for the crew.
    It was a matter of pride to turn out a good wholesome meal that made everyone come back for seconds.[:)]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    "King Oscar" or "Brunswick" "Kippered Herring Fillets".
    On a real "Saltine" with as few drops of ice cold "Crystal" hot sauce and an ice cold beer.
    Tough to beat!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    "King Oscar" or "Brunswick" "Kippered Herring Fillets".
    On a real "Saltine" with as few drops of ice cold "Crystal" hot sauce and an ice cold beer.
    Tough to beat!!

I like King Oscar. My father was a food broker in the '60's. He handled the King Oscar account and we always had plenty of samples on hand. They were very good sardines even then.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I try to smoke a bunch of trout every year, my wife cans them in pint jars. Very tasty snack, wash it down with just a wee drap.
    W.D.