In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

auction pics

jetmekjetmek Member Posts: 250
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
I guess its SOP to post the worst lit blurriest pics possible for some auctions? That irritates the heck out of me and I avoid those like the plague. Almost like the seller is trying to hide the condition of the item.

Comments

• Options
    jetmekjetmek Member Posts: 250
    edited November -1
    On some auctions when I try to look at the pics there is only a white box with a red x. When I try to open it nothing happens. Can anyone help me out?
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some are not as skilled at photography; or use poor equipment to take their photos (i.e. cell phones and poor lighting).

If you seriously interested in an item, you can always ask the seller for more detailed, clearer pictures via the "Ask the Seller a Question" link.

Or just pass them by.
  • Options
    KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've messaged a few and said I'll bid more if you post better pictures.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jetmek
    I guess its SOP to post the worst lit blurriest pics possible for some auctions? That irritates the heck out of me and I avoid those like the plague. Almost like the seller is trying to hide the condition of the item.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I know what you mean.

Kinda like when I took two of those, ya know, knitting needles, and poked em through my nipples and started twirling them around.

Then I let em go and they sound like, um..

The propellers of a b-29 bomber, it looks and sounds great, but man that hurts.

I hate it when that happens.....
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I do try to post good auction pictures, makes all the difference with results. Kasey sets a pretty high bar with her pictures.
    W.D.