In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lets pool our money...

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Prospective bidders must be a licensed Spirits Retailer, Spirits Distributor, and/or Spirits/Beer/Wine Restaurant licensee who is currently in good financial standing with the Liquor Control Board. Temporary Pre-approval Permit (TPP) holders may also participate.

I believe that we have one member who meets that criteria, although I do not think that he is in Washington State.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know times are bad when liquor is being auctioned off. Had a carry out store just close in town. Everything 40% off
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The people of Washington voted to turn Liquor into private sales rather than public. Aparently this is what's left of the States stash. Aparently the prices are higher now than they were under State control. Oregon's Liquor sales have increased dramatically since the price increase. Maybe this is a case where big brother can do it better since maybe the private guys are getting greedy.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's too bad having to have a liquor license. 'Co's I'm real thirsty and when the world hits the crapper that's gold right there.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Lot 136 which is the addendum is 395 bottles of assorted spirits, including wine. The minimum bid is $5,131, figures out to darn near $12.00 a jug. Probably not too bad a deal.[:o)]
    W.D.
  • Options
    Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    KY is still my go-to state for distilled spirits; beer and wine, not so much.
    I try to go once a year, order ahead, make a weekend of it, and still save about $600.00 over OH prices.
    Of course ,that savings will vaporize when I have the liver transplant, or the cerebral hemmorage!!!!
  • Options
    mrankhmrankh Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bill Jordan
    I try to go once a year, order ahead, make a weekend of it, and still save about $600.00 over OH prices.
    Of course ,that savings will vaporize when I have the liver transplant, or the cerebral hemmorage!!!!

im stationed in Kentucky now, and let me tell you when i go home for holidays in PA its weird because down here i can stop ANYPLACE gas stations, stores, mom and pop stores and everyone sells alcohol but back up in PA you must go to a bar, or a distributor. i like the souths system way better[8D]
  • Options
    Joes Custom GunsJoes Custom Guns Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't give $0.10 for the whole lot
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrankh
    quote:Originally posted by Bill Jordan

im stationed in Kentucky now, and let me tell you when i go home for holidays in PA its weird because down here i can stop ANYPLACE gas stations, stores, mom and pop stores and everyone sells alcohol but back up in PA you must go to a bar, or a distributor. i like the souths system way better[8D]
    This is the bourbon state. Hell man we even have a county named Bourbon.[:D][8D]
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns

Worth about as much as an 1100 receiver[;)]
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns
    But are you watching it anyways, that seems to irk some folks.[:p]
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Joe,
    You know what they say about people that don't drink, when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.[:o)]
    W.D.