In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kimber magazines

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I picked up a Kimber 1911 mag for my Llama 9mm today as I never seem to find 1911 9mm mags at gun stores usually they are for .45acp--I can of course buy them online. I was wondering if they are comparable to the Wilson Combat mags? I paid $30 for it and would imagine it would be decent.

Comments

• screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    IMO Kimber mags don't compare to Wilsons. The difference between the two is that Wilson has a better feed ramp and arguably better springs. You would think Kimber would figure that out. Don't get me wrong I love and own Kimber 1911's but how much more would Kimber have to charge to supply excellent quality mags with a new pistol?
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to try this Kimber mag out and then just order some Wilson ones online. I would imagine most problems with autos come from crappy magazines. I also hear Chip McCormick mags are well made but he doesn't offer any for 1911's in 9mm.