In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American flag made in China

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Just on the local Waco news, guy buys a flag at a Dollar Tree store and the thing had 61 stars on it!!!!!!![:(!][}:)]

Comments

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well what are you complaining about? Thats how many states Obama campaigned in during the election.[;)]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, that's four stars too many. I'd get my money back.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the State of Minnesota it is against the law to sell a US flag that is not made in the USA, the law went into effect 1/1/2008. Violations of the law are punishable with a $1000 fine or 90 days in jail...
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    In the State of Minnesota it is against the law to sell a US flag that is not made in the USA, the law went into effect 1/1/2008. Violations of the law are punishable with a $1000 fine or 90 days in jail...

SWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    No telling how much money was wasted on manufacturing these things.

Someone in China has probably been scheduled for execution.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Not saying I'm not in full support of such a law, but I'd say it probably violates a US trade treaty or two.

However I also wouldn't expect to see a foreign government lodging any formal protests.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    Not saying I'm not in full support of such a law, but I'd say it probably violates a US trade treaty or two.

However I also wouldn't expect to see a foreign government lodging any formal protests.
    I highly doubt it...Minnesota is not the only state with this law on the books. If you are at a 4th of July parade and some politician hands ya one of those little US flags on a stick, see if it has a made in China label....most of those do....NOT in my State though[:)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the real question is how many americans bought that flag & did not know the difference
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    the real question is how many americans bought that flag & did not know the difference
    I agree and sad indeed..[xx(]
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking of flying my 48 star American flag for the 4th. It is not a reproduction either.