In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hi-Point C9 Range Report

legionkahnlegionkahn Member Posts: 4,055
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Prior to taking the c9 to the range, i notice a few things about it. One is the plastic grips, my hands sometimes sweat, i figured that may be an issue to me. I noticed it does not have a warning label on it like most firearms have .When you move it to fast or shake it , it makes a rattle sound. The rear sight is adjustable , so that is a plus. I took it to the range, i started off shooting federal fmj through it. The first few rounds i shot , i adjusted the rear sight just a little to where i needed it to be( i was htting low about 1" and to the left about 1/2"). I shot the first 50 rounds with out any malfunctions . I held a pretty good group with it ( I was suprised)about a 4" group. Next i shot a box of Ranger +p . It shot the whole box with out any problems as well. I noticed the c9 , does not have much recoil at all, it felt like it was balanced pretty good, better than i expected. My hands did start to sweat a bit , i was able to hold the gun with no problems, but i really think this gun could benefit from some rubber made grips. All together my girlfriend and i fired 400 rounds through it, never had a jam or misfeed. I feel hi point has come up with an inexpensive , reliable pistol. For the money , i can not see how someone could complain . I would feel comfortable using it for a ccw. I plan to use it for a ccw when fishing, or boating. I did not get any pics taken today. Sorry about that.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While a Hi-Point wouldn't be my first choice for a ccw self defense weapon I'm glad you got one that works nice. For a grip you can always get one of the slip on grips from Hogue. I have one for a Ruger 9mm and they just slip right on and I believe cost less than $15.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    While a Hi-Point wouldn't be my first choice for a ccw self defense weapon I'm glad you got one that works nice. For a grip you can always get one of the slip on grips from Hogue. I have one for a Ruger 9mm and they just slip right on and I believe cost less than $15.
    It is not my first choice, but would feel comfortable using it . It beats watching a cz75 ss limited edition go down with the boat.[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    I believe i will get a slip on grip for it. Thanks for the advise .[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You bet---the old model Ruger P95 has a slippery grip to it too and the Hogue put a stop to that.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have about 3k rounds through a C9 HiPoint. Had one series of jams all with the same shooter, Had her tighten her grip and that took care of it. I feed it all sorts of ammo. I shoot a lot of lead round nose with no problems.

As for carry not for me, that little cheap looking safety does not make me feel good. I do carry it on the mower and fishing, places I can feel safe carring it without a round in the chamber.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legionkahn
    Prior to taking the c9 to the range, i notice a few things about it. One is the plastic grips, my hands sometimes sweat, i figured that may be an issue to me. I noticed it does not have a warning label on it like most firearms have .When you move it to fast or shake it , it makes a rattle sound. The rear sight is adjustable , so that is a plus. I took it to the range, i started off shooting federal fmj through it. The first few rounds i shot , i adjusted the rear sight just a little to where i needed it to be( i was htting low about 1" and to the left about 1/2"). I shot the first 50 rounds with out any malfunctions . I held a pretty good group with it ( I was suprised)about a 4" group. Next i shot a box of Ranger +p . It shot the whole box with out any problems as well. I noticed the c9 , does not have much recoil at all, it felt like it was balanced pretty good, better than i expected. My hands did start to sweat a bit , i was able to hold the gun with no problems, but i really think this gun could benefit from some rubber made grips. All together my girlfriend and i fired 400 rounds through it, never had a jam or misfeed. I feel hi point has come up with an inexpensive , reliable pistol. For the money , i can not see how someone could complain . I would feel comfortable using it for a ccw. I plan to use it for a ccw when fishing, or boating. I did not get any pics taken today. Sorry about that.

And when all else fails, use ti for a anchor [}:)][;)]

FIXED IT [:D][:D]
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legionkahn

There was little doubt in my mind that it would work that well for you.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CDNN has the Hogue slip on's for $8.99 now.