In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tobacco free !!

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
edited June 2008 in General Discussion
6 months-tobacco free!! For those that don't remember i was a Skoal user and decided to try to quit in Nov.,so far so good.Started off using commit lozenges or nicorrette(some generic brand cant remember).I certainly feel better.When i put in that first dip of the day,i had to keep at it all day to keep my energy level up and was totally drained at the end of the day.Believe it or not i now have more energy,am less sleepy throughout the day and feel fine in the evening.I don't have every vehicle littered with skoal cans and spit cups.I have not stained any shirts with stray spittle or skoal droppings.I don't have skoal leaves littered in my teeth.I don't pull back my lip every night at the mirror to inspect my raw gums.I don't have the nagging sore throats anymore.Yes,life is better,should have quit years ago.Cahas[;)]

Comments

• Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you...

I guess its goood sometimes to be a quitter.
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    Good stuff man, stick with it. [:)]
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ===
    I have always wondered.

What women find snuff-suckers attractive, and do they french?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Congrats...

The longer without it, the better you will feel....

Wolf,
    Smoking is a disgusting stinky habit, but dipping?....that is just gross and I honestly dont know of any woman in her right mind who would find it attractive....
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    Congrats...

The longer without it, the better you will feel....

Wolf,
    Smoking is a disgusting stinky habit, but dipping?....that is just gross and I honestly dont know of any woman in her right mind who would find it attractive....

Smokeless tobacco IS my mistress. I really need to quit, I have dipped for 35 years. It's not going to be easy. Won't be able to use the "stop smoking aids". Been there...
    Have to be cold turkey for me. I just need to set a date and DO IT!

Hats off to you, cahas!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Great job!!!!
    I quit in Sept. 2000 after chewing Copenhagen for 25 years.
  • Options
    NC shooterNC shooter Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOOD JOB!

I've been smoking (dip when fishing) since I was 11, tried to quit a couple times (not for the past 5 years or so) and man it's like trying to quit heroin! (don't have that problem thank God!) I honestly believe they should outlaw tobacco as a controlled substance the same as they do any other street drug! It's the most addictive and most harmful thing to the human body legally sold, but do you think they'll do it? Not in my lifetime I'm sure...

Keep on keeping-on pardner!
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NC shooter
    GOOD JOB!

I've been smoking (dip when fishing) since I was 11, tried to quit a couple times (not for the past 5 years or so) and man it's like trying to quit heroin! (don't have that problem thank God!) I honestly believe they should outlaw tobacco as a controlled substance the same as they do any other street drug! It's the most addictive and most harmful thing to the human body legally sold, but do you think they'll do it? Not in my lifetime I'm sure...

Keep on keeping-on pardner!

The government wants you to think they care about your health when all they really care about is your $$$. Otherwise tobacco would be illegal.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    check it, not only is it saving your mouth from rotting, a can is what, 4$? lets say $4.00

if your anything like the kids in my school, your a can a day.

4 x 7 = $28.00

thats 28.00 every week.

Now, put that 28.00 back every week, and in a few months, you can get a NICE gun, or ammo! (or a few tanks of gas?)
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good going Cahas!
    I have used Skoal original on and off for years, and have quit for over a year before. Watch out for some event to give you an excuse to start again, even though you will tell yourself it will only be for a couple of cans![xx(]

I started back again about a year ago,.....maybe less, after another 6 month or longer stretch.
    Time to quit again, hopefully for good this time.
    Cheapest you can find it here is $4.25/can!!![:0]

I can't use the nicotine patches or gum either, as they do something to me that the tobacco doesn't?
    Can't quit "cold-turkey" either, as I have to deal with people almost everyday, and I turn into a monster that way![}:)]
    I have to cut it down every couple of days until I am only having one in the morning, and then quit.
    Stick with it!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Good going Cahas!
    I have used Skoal original on and off for years, and have quit for over a year before. Watch out for some event to give you an excuse to start again, even though you will tell yourself it will only be for a couple of cans![xx(]

I started back again about a year ago,.....maybe less, after another 6 month or longer stretch.

I can't use the nicotine patches or gum either, as they do something to me that the tobacco doesn't?
    Can't quit "cold-turkey" either, as I have to deal with people almost everyday, and I turn into a monster that way![}:)]
    I have to cut it down every couple of days until I am only having one in the morning, and then quit.
    Stick with it!
    i saw it for 3.00 here, but everyone in school that chews does skoal (or cope) wintergreen, or redman..
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    Good going Cahas!

Stick with it!
    i saw it for 3.00 here, but everyone in school that chews does skoal (or cope) wintergreen, or redman..

Florida has really high tobacco taxes.
    It runs $4.25 to $4.99 a can.
    Never could stand the "cheap" stuff,......kodiak, etc.[xx(]
    You should start buying rolls, and selling them into Florida,.......too bad it's really illegal![:0][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I swear, when I first saw this thread, I thought it said "tobasco free".

And I thought, "You poor, bland man".

Good on ya. Nerves of steel.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

[:D] [:D] [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    Good going Cahas!

Stick with it!

Florida has really high tobacco taxes.
    It runs $4.25 to $4.99 a can.
    Never could stand the "cheap" stuff,......kodiak, etc.[xx(]
    You should start buying rolls, and selling them into Florida,.......too bad it's really illegal![:0][:D]

If i felt like it, i could buy a log and sell it for $5.00 - $6.00 a can in school.

You should see what a 5th of vodka goes for! [:D][:D][:D][:D] KIDDING!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

Whoa there! Not quitting hot sauce!! Not all good things are bad for ya[;)]
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Good job. I've been chewing tobacco free for 15 years. I still miss it when I'm sitting in the woods hunting. But am much better without it. Hang in there....